Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

County Louth coast

Options
  • 01-04-2013 6:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭

Anybody know it there's anywhere worth fishing on the mid to north Louth coast right now? I fancy a change by visiting the coast for some spinning and don't fancy waiting until the usual malee for mackerel in July/august.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭robinwing

where are the best places in louth for mackerel fishing from shore ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

robinwing wrote: »
    where are the best places in louth for mackerel fishing from shore ?

Greenore and clogherhead can be excellent but there's nothing there yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭jaffusmax

Greenore and clogherhead can be excellent but there's nothing there yet.

Hi there, has there been many expectant anglers/weekend warriors out?

Me rod is getting itchy :p cant wait to get out!

jaffusmax wrote: »
    Hi there, has there been many expectant anglers/weekend warriors out?

Me rod is getting itchy :p cant wait to get out!

Sounds like you are one of them;) No bashers about yet, but why would they when there are no fish to be had?

Sounds like you are one of them;) No bashers about yet, but why would they when there are no fish to be had?

Not to be mean but more bashers out testing the waters will mean better chance me finding out the Mackies are back.

At home with a baby at the moment so I need to pick my fights as I cannot be out in Greenore every other day like last year! Was catching them in June early in morning then!

• Advertisement

I was out in Greenore yesterday, no sign of the mackerel coming in. Saw just one chap reel in a macky on a lure, he has been out everyday since the start of April and reckons it is the best weather he can remember but worst fishing.

If last year is anything to go by end of July will be my next jaunt out, just need patience!

Tarnation ! I was intending to bring my little son out there for a few mackerel during the week. Looks like it would be a wild goose chase now

Even with this good spell of weather, based on reports from around the country it could still be a couple of weeks before they arrive. Shore macks are like hens teeth all round the country.
    I'm around Greenore regularly and will post when they hit!

At least 15 fishing Greenore this morning for two hours before and one after high tide - nothing!

At least 15 fishing Greenore this morning for two hours before and one after high tide - nothing!

As I posted earlier Saturday was exact same! Maybe the weather is a bit too good. Best days out in Greenore I had where overcast and muggy! I reckon once the good weather breaks the fishing will pick up a bit and sure that will be end of month by then.

• Advertisement

Many thanks to Srameen and Jaffusmax for the up to date information , very much appreciated

Hi Srameen, any word about the Mackies returning? It must be the latest in the season they have to come in since I remember!

A rumour of 2 by one guy last week at greenore but I was there at the time and saw nothing. Clogherhead still blank last night. Very late and very few anywhere around the country.

A rumour of 2 by one guy last week at greenore but I was there at the time and saw nothing. Clogherhead still blank last night. Very late and very few anywhere around the country.

If u know ya boy with the 2 big dogs and a beard who always fishes at the same spot in Greenore well he caught 2 with a lure in front of me 2 weeks ago.

jaffusmax wrote: »
    If u know ya boy with the 2 big dogs and a beard who always fishes at the same spot in Greenore well he caught 2 with a lure in front of me 2 weeks ago.

I know him ;)
    It wasn't him that day as he wasn't there. So.......2 guys with 2 each......things looking up????

I know him ;)
    It wasn't him that day as he wasn't there. So.......2 guys with 2 each......things looking up????

He is like a barnacle never off that rock :pac: lol

Advertisement