Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Company Query - Clients and resigning director

• 01-04-2013 7:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi,

Briefly, went into business with another person. I own 50% of the company, he owns 50% of the company.

There is no share holders agreement in place.

My partner is not pulling his weight and is reluctant to be bought out.

Without being ego - I am the business. If I left tomorrow, the company would not turn profit.

I originally migrated several clients from previous business - he migrated none.

Anyway, what are peoples thoughts?

For example:

1. Resign as a director, keep the shares and start billing the clients from a different company that I've created?
    2. Resign as a director, forfeit my shares and start billing the clients for a different company that I've created?
    3. Get a job?
    4. Others?
    I would guess that 95% of the clients would have no issue being billed from a new company - I would be honest about the situation.

I appreciate the time and effort involved in reading this message and do look forward to your replies.

Please note the above are hypothetical scenarios.

Regards,
    QQ

Comments

• Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 4,338 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tom Young

The charter says you cannot come here and seek legal advice.

The area of law and remedies you seek are both technical.

You need to seek the assistance of a solicitor and in person.

This could be discussed as a hypothetical scenario, but you can't rely on the replies.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 qqquery

Tom Young wrote: »
    The charter says you cannot come here and seek legal advice.

The area of law and remedies you seek are both technical.

You need to seek the assistance of a solicitor and in person.

This could be discussed as a hypothetical scenario, but you can't rely on the replies.

Tom,

Sorry about that. I have since edited the post but will remove it if it does not comply.

Thanks

qqquery wrote: »
    Tom,

Sorry about that. I have since edited the post but will remove it if it does not comply.

Thanks

No worries.

The shareholder may take action against you if you're not careful and properly advised.

Your company contracts, belong to the company, not to you - remember that.

You can't just side step the fact of contract.

In terms of dealing with your issues, take advice.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 qqquery

Tom Young wrote: »
    No worries.

The shareholder may take action against you if you're not careful and properly advised.

Your company contracts, belong to the company, not to you - remember that.

You can't just side step the fact of contract.

In terms of dealing with your issues, take advice.

Thanks

About 60% of clients do not have contracts.

I will pursue legal advice on the matter.

Remember that courses of dealing/doing business is enough.

• Advertisement
Advertisement