Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

If you had the opportunity to climb Mount Everest, would you do it?

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭MurdyWurdy

No, I recently read "Into Thin Air" and it just seems like madness to put yourself at that kind of risk. Stories of people climbing it do fascinate me though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭Ruudi_Mentari

Can you not just winch me up? am light off my feet...

the airs way thin up there and I've seen how non smokers tend to struggle anyhow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,824 ✭✭✭vitani

Another HELL YES here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,882 ✭✭✭✭McDermotX

Average boards.ie AH poster enjoying their time on Everest......

Nice Time.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,299 ✭✭✭✭MadsL

Now Peter Griffin has climbed it, it has lost its appeal.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,731 ✭✭✭jam_mac_jam

No, I haven't been climbing mountains for years so it would be really stupid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭Vojera

MurdyWurdy wrote: »
    No, I recently read "Into Thin Air" and it just seems like madness to put yourself at that kind of risk. Stories of people climbing it do fascinate me though.

Me too, not a chance. I read Into Thin Air last year and just couldn't get over how many lives can depend on one person making the right decision.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,711 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Having just spent the last two hours freezing my tits off on the terraces fo Tolka Park? Probably not the best time to ask me...

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭foxinsox

eh.. NO..

Sure it'd be freezing and miserable!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,481 ✭✭✭✭cson

Just bring your sled for the way back down....twill be awesome.

This lad did. Well attempted to snowboard down. Didn't turn out well for him naturally enough.

http://www.illicitsnowboarding.com/2009/05/accidental-hero-no1-marco-siffredi.html

cson wrote: »

his sister's name is Shooty.

which leaves me to wonder is she as extreme a sport as her brother was...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,389 ✭✭✭mattjack

I've done it ,

fixed my glasses

What we talking about ?

mattjack wrote: »
    fixed my glasses ,

What we talking about ?

extreme stuff. so you might wanna take them back off

Advertisement