Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

RTE computer/console show name

• 01-04-2013 7:47pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 251 ✭✭

Does anyone remember the name of the show that was on RTE 1 or about consoles and computers I think Keelin Shanley was one of he presenters

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

no, but I do remember GameStream with Kevo.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,886 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I remember it, it was absolutely terrible. Gamezone or something I think?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 818 ✭✭✭Triangla

Megazone! I was on it lol

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,886 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Triangla wrote: »
    Megazone! I was on it lol

I felt sorry for some of the contestants on it. There was a guy that seemed to be really good at games but was quite arrogant about it. The challenges he had to do were all crap games and he ended up losing on some awful SNES Tazmania game. I hope it wasn't you.

The reviews were pretty naff as well, I remember one review praising the music by 2Unlimited in Biometal on the SNES. Oh the 90s!

It was pretty cringey stuff. It was me and two others the time I was on it. Playing some Looney Toons game first, two of us got to the final.

The final was FIFA and I lost to a girl. I was the only person in my group of friends who never played footy games so none of them were surprised.

• Advertisement

I just remembered when they came to our school looking for contestants, there was a quiz you had to complete and I got picked on the basis of that.

I only played games in my mates house as I has no games system at home.

I knew all the answers because I could read the games magazines at home so knew everything about the games but was crap at playing them!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 251 ✭✭Merl1n

was Keelin Shanley one of the presenters, if I remember right there was two of them
    What year was it on

Just found this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nF5iBg5hXR8

I dont think its the show I was thinking of

Was there another show with game reviews

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭bitburger

there was a show on network 2 i remember about games aidan power was the host, and another lad for a while too, the theme song was some typical 90's disco theme

Bitburger that might be the show

Any takers on a name

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

They used to have a thing they would shout that I always thought it was 'Hey gimme my makeup', but I think it was 'Hey gonna be mega' or something like that. They also used to play Zombies on the SNES, remember that distinctly.

Advertisement