Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Interview Prepartion

Options
  • 01-04-2013 8:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭

Hi there

Would anyone know of anywhere I could go in Cork for Interview prepartion?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 880 ✭✭✭celica00

i think you could have some luck at college of commerce in the city (courses)

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,946 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

Your best bet imo would be to get in contact with someone in the area you want to work in and do a mock interview.

The basics would be to understand the job your applying for, understand and be able to explain how you are a "fit" for the job.
    Understanding the company you are applying to work for, so a bit of homework on them.
    Dress aptly for the interview.

There's plenty of advice on the net but nothing is better than the actual expierence of an interview

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭blindsider

mary55 wrote: »
    Hi there

Would anyone know of anywhere I could go in Cork for Interview prepartion?

Thanks

http://thecorknews.ie/articles/cork-job-club-back-business-city-5138
    "For information on the Cork Job Club, located at 70A Penrose Wharf, Penrose Quay, call 021 2392834."

Also, be prepared for the following questions:

1. "Talk me through you CV......" (3-5 mins max, highlighting the good things, and having good reasons for leaving different jobs.)

2. "Why are you suitable for this role?" (Strengths and relevant experience.)

3. "What are your strengths/weaknesses (Delete as appropriate)? Usually 'weaknesses' - hard to advise on this w/o knowing about the job and your CV etc.

4. "Tell me about a time when you....." Experiential interviewing is fairly common. They're looking for clear evidence of you overcoming challenges successfully.

5. "What will you bring to the role?" Hard to advise on this w/o knowing about the job and your CV etc.

Best of luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭mary55

blindsider wrote: »
    http://thecorknews.ie/articles/cork-job-club-back-business-city-5138
    "For information on the Cork Job Club, located at 70A Penrose Wharf, Penrose Quay, call 021 2392834."

Thanks am going to see them hope they will help me

Thanks

Advertisement