Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Crime around the Ballinteer area.

Options
  • 01-04-2013 9:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,095 ✭✭✭

Hi all.

Just letting you know that there seems to be a real increase in crime in the area over the past couple of weeks. In the Ballinteer estate alone, there have been a number of attempted break-in's. There is a white van circulating with 3 men (2 youngish and 1 older man) driving slowly through the streets, trying to suss out each house.

This weekend, a car was stolen from Broadford Rise and burned out in Broadford pitches. There are also reports circulating that a mother and her son were battered by two men in high vis jackets in an attempted house robbery.

Please lock up your property and keep an eye out for each other. I have no idea what's going on or why things have gotten so bad. But it's better we know so that we can keep one step ahead.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 969 ✭✭✭some random drunk

A friend's house in Clonlea was broken into last week.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,719 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

Wurly wrote: »
    Hi all.

Just letting you know that there seems to be a real increase in crime in the area over the past couple of weeks. In the Ballinteer estate alone, there have been a number of attempted break-in's. There is a white van circulating with 3 men (2 youngish and 1 older man) driving slowly through the streets, trying to suss out each house.

This weekend, a car was stolen from Broadford Rise and burned out in Broadford pitches. There are also reports circulating that a mother and her son were battered by two men in high vis jackets in an attempted house robbery.

Please lock up your property and keep an eye out for each other. I have no idea what's going on or why things have gotten so bad. But it's better we know so that we can keep one step ahead.

What's your source for this? It's an alarming statement.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,095 ✭✭✭Wurly

Tabnabs wrote: »
    What's your source for this? It's an alarming statement.

Oh I know it's an alarming statement. It happened to a friend's next door neighbour.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,719 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

So it's second hand information? Or have to spoken directly to the people who got a "battering"?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,095 ✭✭✭Wurly

I am getting the distinct impression that you're questioning the validity of my story.

To answer your question, no, I have not spoken to the actual people who were battered. Frankly, they are relatively traumatised. And they are my friend's neighbours, not mine. Unless my friend has suddenly turned into a complete mentalist after a number of years of friendship, I am inclined to believe his story.

I understand that you are looking for proof and that's fine. I am not in a position to give it to you. I am also not a hyper teenager posting scary stories on the internet just for sh1ts and giggles. The point of this thread was to do the neighbourly thing of letting people know what is going on in their area.

I am sorry that you don't like the story. Neither do I. But that doesn't mean that it didn't happen.

I have asked my friend's permission to post more information. If that permission is forthcoming, i'll let you know.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 358 ✭✭Joe Hart

Unfortunately travellers are reeking havoc in the area. Make sure your house is secure.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,099 ✭✭✭Mech1

Please be careful who you hire to cut grass, clean gutters, remove rubbish etc. Its a great ploy to have a good look around your and your neighbours property.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭ArielAtom

Its not just house break ins. There have been several car break ins at various clubs around the area, Leicester Celtic, Ballyboden St Endas, St Judes and Firhouse community centre. This has happened when people are training/attending meeting between 7.00pm and 9.00pm. Dont leave anything on display. Get a few club members to patrol car parks etc.

Advertisement