Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Telltale's Poker Night 2

• 01-04-2013 9:19pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,862 ✭✭✭✭

This is an eloborate trick if it's for April fools day but it looks real. The sequel is out for PC, bbox arcade and PSN later this month and will CLAPTRAP!! Will be worth it alone to play poker with him/it.

Never played the first one, any good?

ku-xlarge.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Jet Black

Seen screens of it about 2 weeks ago on reddit so I think it legit.
    First one was good. There is a good dialogue between the characters that's quite funny, it did get a bit repetitive but I've played it for 8 hours.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,862 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

GLaDOS is the dealer in this. If this has online multiplayer, then SOLD!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I have the original, and it was good fun, though like Jet said the dialogue does get repetitive after a while.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭Grimebox

Is it literally just a poker game with a bunch of characters from random games thrown in? Poker is absolutely awful if its not for money and against AI's

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

Grimebox wrote: »
    Is it literally just a poker game with a bunch of characters from random games thrown in? Poker is absolutely awful if its not for money and against AI's
    The difference from a normal poker videogame being that it's dirt cheap, funny and the original was a lot of fun.

• Advertisement

There was a poker game on PS2 I used to love playing. No joy in poker unless theres money involved but it was good just trying to make it to bigger tournaments. I was thinking it would be good if it had online but I played online poker for no money before and got really boring with everyone just going all in all the time.

As long as a Poker game has a lot of unlocks, it should be okay in just single player against AI.

Speaking of, are there currently any poker games on PS3 that are just single player?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,143 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

There's free poker game coming out soon for the 360 if anyone interested in it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Jet Black

Out in two weeks. €5 for this and you get the first one too.

It's out now on PSN for a tenner. Review below and it looks brilliant! Will definitely have to get this!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭Grimebox

It's still just poker against Ai...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Yeah, it's basically a poker game for TF2 hat collectors.
    They are the prizes.

And there is no Multiplayer option - if you could play against STEAM friends, then maybe yes..but it's a boring singleplayer.

I have the first, it's not worth it at all unless you have some TF2 hat fetish where you need to pre-order and buy every game that has TF2 exclusive items.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

I could never, and still don't get poker games with AI competitors.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

I just want to play it to see the interactions between Ash and Brock or their reactions to you catching a card on the river to win a hand. Its a silly distraction but I'd prefer it to for example *looking at the games forum* say Simpsons Tap-Out which has zero challenge other than can you tap here and make in app purchases.

Multiplayer would add nothing for me in it as virtual money ruins poker between two people that know it's virtual money.

Yeah I think the fact that it's poker is just a bit of a bonus. This is about the interactions between brilliant characters that you won't find anywhere else. I mean...it's GLaDOS and Claptrap!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

It's one of the first poker games I've found to contain Omaha as well as Hold 'em as an option. It's silly and frivolous and a harmless distraction.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,961 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Got this over the weekend for the PS3. Really enjoying it. Bit repetitive in the conversations but it's still really well done (plus it has lots of Steve from Borderlands 2, so it's worth every penny)

However, it constantly freezes for a few seconds when autosaving, especially when the 4 characters are still in the game. Annoying as f*ck.

Advertisement