Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coole park Gort, Easter Sunday

Options
  • 01-04-2013 9:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭

how many people arrived thinking it was an Easter Egg hunt??!! Thankfully I had a 10 yr old and an 8 yrl old who understood the misunderstanding, but other families had younger kids who were shouting " I want my Easter Egg Hunt!!"
    :(

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

And for those of us who weren't there....?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

http://www.coolepark.ie/events/index.php

The Easter Sunday link brings you to a word document advertising an Easter Scavenger Hunt (with a drawing of an Easter Egg among flowers)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭McLoughlin

There was a Scavenger Hunt on Sunday I take it some people assumed it was an Easter Egg Hunt.

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭GalwayGirl00

syklops wrote: »
    And for those of us who weren't there....?

You were lucky!!! It was a scavenger hunt...looking for plants, flowers etc... But since it said "Easter scavenger hunt" I thought there would be plastic egg hunting in the park:rolleyes: I didnt feel too bad since a lot of people showed up thinking the same as myself!but maybe for next year, the leaflet might be clearer.

• Registered Users Posts: 510 ✭✭✭Qwerty27

Looking forward to Joe Duffy tomorrow already.....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

how many people arrived thinking it was an Easter Egg hunt??!! Thankfully I had a 10 yr old and an 8 yrl old who understood the misunderstanding, but other families had younger kids who were shouting " I want my Easter Egg Hunt!!"
    :(
    You were lucky!!! It was a scavenger hunt...looking for plants, flowers etc... But since it said "Easter scavenger hunt" I thought there would be plastic egg hunting in the park:rolleyes: I didnt feel too bad since a lot of people showed up thinking the same as myself!but maybe for next year, the leaflet might be clearer.

Was this free?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

Qwerty27 wrote: »
    Looking forward to Joe Duffy tomorrow already.....

Joe, Im outraged. I paid the 1 euro entry fee, and was obviously expecting free chocolate and baby minding services for 8 hours and I didnt get it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭sandin

Clearly states its an Easter Scavenger hunt - nothing to suggest its an easter EGG hunt except from people who don't read/understand notices. An egg in a cartoon pic of flowers would suggest Easter - or maybe they should put a pic of Christ on it as the real meanign of easter - but the problem then is everyone would expect Jesus to appear and probably sign autographs!

Those moaning should educate themselves into the meaning of scavenger and or go to specsavers if they couldn't read the notice. And even if they were a little unsure, why could they not ring and check???

Then again - some people expect everything for free these days.

sandin wrote: »
    Clearly states its an Easter Scavenger hunt - nothing to suggest its an easter EGG hunt except from people who don't read/understand notices. An egg in a cartoon pic of flowers would suggest Easter - or maybe they should put a pic of Christ on it as the real meanign of easter - but the problem then is everyone would expect Jesus to appear and probably sign autographs!

Those moaning should educate themselves into the meaning of scavenger and or go to specsavers if they couldn't read the notice. And even if they were a little unsure, why could they not ring and check???

Then again - some people expect everything for free these days.

I don't think any of my posts needed such an aggressive response from you. I did clearly state the poster said Easter Scavenger Hunt, and therefore presumed it would be a more Easter themed hunt. It was a free event and we chose to go there to support the local events, rather than travel, but we would have done so even if there was an entry fee. Thanks for your input though:rolleyes:

mikom wrote: »
    Was this free?

Yep, entry to Coole park is always free I think. We didn't go there expecting free eggs, or a babysitting service as some people here suggest.:rolleyes:
    I had said to the kids they would be plastic eggs(outdoor event) and they would give them back at the end of the hunt, but it would be a nice thing to take part in. Or at least that is how other outdoor egg hunts I have been to have been organised.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

I don't think any of my posts needed such an aggressive response from you. I did clearly state the poster said Easter Scavenger Hunt, and therefore presumed it would be a more Easter themed hunt.

Flowers are easter themed, rebirth and spring and all that, sight bit healthier then choc as well ;)

Doesn't have to be chocolate to be Easter related,
    http://www.independent.co.uk/environment/nature/nature_studies/this-easter-dont-forget-that-resurrection-is-for-flowers-too-8551941.html

syklops wrote: »
    Joe, Im outraged. I paid the 1 euro entry fee, and was obviously expecting free chocolate and baby minding services for 8 hours and I didnt get it.
    For 1€ I would expect 9 hours babysitting and 2 eggs:p

Cabaal wrote: »
    Flowers are easter themed, rebirth and spring and all that, sight bit healthier then choc as well ;)

Doesn't have to be chocolate to be Easter related,
    http://www.independent.co.uk/environment/nature/nature_studies/this-easter-dont-forget-that-resurrection-is-for-flowers-too-8551941.html

A lot healthier than chocolate, which is why we googled ''Outdoor hunt'',to ensure no more chocolate eggs when we were looking for events! Live and learn etc. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭sandin

I don't think any of my posts needed such an aggressive response from you. I did clearly state the poster said Easter Scavenger Hunt, and therefore presumed it would be a more Easter themed hunt. It was a free event and we chose to go there to support the local events, rather than travel, but we would have done so even if there was an entry fee. Thanks for your input though:rolleyes:

Then why on EARTH moan about it on boards??????

It was FREE

It was an outdoor activivity.

Some people have difficulty in understanding a very basic poster.

That's their issue - not yours.

No consumer issue here - hence most responders have taken the p1ss out of your post.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

mikom wrote: »
    Was this free?
    Yep, entry to Coole park is always free I think.

If I were you I'd demand my money back.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Posters - please, no need to go OTT on your responses. Please stay polite and civil.

dudara

• Registered Users Posts: 15,382 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

Yep, entry to Coole park is always free I think. We didn't go there expecting free eggs, or a babysitting service as some people here suggest.:rolleyes:
    I had said to the kids they would be plastic eggs(outdoor event) and they would give them back at the end of the hunt, but it would be a nice thing to take part in. Or at least that is how other outdoor egg hunts I have been to have been organised.

But you told your kids that there would be eggs there. It didn't say that on the poster. From what you described it said nothing about an egg hunt on the poster, it said Easter Scavanger Hunt.

Advertisement