Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PDE Offers 2013-14

Options
  • 01-04-2013 10:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 24

Hi all,

Just wondering if the offers for the PDE came out today, April 1st or would they be tomorrow since it is bank holiday?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3 briannalee

Hey! been wondering the same myself. Logged into PAC account this eve though and when tried to check application status it said that offers are currently being run and to check back after 11pm tomorrow (3rd April).... eeek!

• Registered Users Posts: 3 murphrod

Results just out, got place in Maynooth wuhoo! Just don't listen to the news today or nobody would accept any places in teaching!

Congrats @murphrod! absolutely delighted myself, got Galway! What's this about the news?? In France so not really up to date

• Registered Users Posts: 3 murphrod

Teaching pay and conditions getting hammered by the government lately and permanent jobs are at an all time low according to ASTI. But you have to be optimistic if you want teaching just go for it something will come up.

Ah feck that! i'm determined - teaching is all I want to do and there'll be a need for me someday, people do retire, circumstances change, etc.. if I have to find something else to keep me going in the meantime, so be it! YAy for optimism!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15 kiss_my_face

Got accepted into UCC myself. Still dont know if I want to do it or not. I originally applied because it would be something to do if I didnt get a job in the meantime. However I have now got a job in e-learning (my masters) that could possibly go into next year also. Am I alone on this or does anyone else feel the same way?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 136 ✭✭airneal

Hi Folks,

Congrats on all the offers, I read in another thread that the PDE programme is going to change from a 1 year to 2 year programme after the 13-14 year. I got offered Galway and will be accepting it this time. See this link

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=81485058

Has anybody heard about this?

• Registered Users Posts: 17 hellsbells83

Got offered UCC. Delighted and scared all at the same time!! :)

Yeah I heard about the change to 2 years. I wasnt sure if it was coming in next year or was still something in the pipeline!

Has anyone gone about getting teaching placements. I have heard that it is hard to get them. Im hoping not to hard.

Congrats to all that got a place. :)

Advertisement