Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Deicide

• 01-04-2013 10:25pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,647 ✭✭✭✭

Any chance of a gig in Dublin this year???

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,148 ✭✭✭Passenger

They don't appear to be touring anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

They'd probably just cancel the show anyway

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,647 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

Passenger wrote: »
    They don't appear to be touring anyway.

They are yeah

Send a message to DME and ask them if they'd bring Deicide back. But one would imagine that they'd be reluctant to do so after cancelling shows in the past.

Passenger wrote: »
    Send a message to DME and ask them if they'd bring Deicide back. But one would imagine that they'd be reluctant to do so after cancelling shows in the past.

I think H said that he won't be booking them anymore after Glen's no-show last time?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Max Power1

They are touring, aren't they in the UK shortly?

Typical.. forget about your Irish fans!

If DME aren't willing to gamble on bringing them over then it's difficult to imagine any other promoter that would be.

Max Power1 wrote: »
    They are touring, aren't they in the UK shortly?

Typical.. forget about your Irish fans!

H from DME won't have anything to do with him anymore. Apparently, he's as bad as Axl Rose for tantrums?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

H also said something the other day on MI about them asking for too much money on the tour they're currently on so seems there was actually talks for a show this year, as brief as they might have been.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,943 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

What a looper Glenn is, i always remember through the 90's that he was saying he'd kill himself on the stroke of the millenium.

He changed his mind :rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Pity :pac:

Pity :pac:

Lol :-D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

scudzilla wrote: »
    What a looper Glenn is, i always remember through the 90's that he was saying he'd kill himself on the stroke of the millenium.

Was his schtick not that he would top himself when he turned 33,like Jesus?

Maybe that's the same time frame.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

scudzilla wrote: »

Necronos wrote: »

Yep.

Just had it confirmed that DME aren't interested in bringing them back here. Cant say I blame them.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Just had it confirmed that DME aren't interested in bringing them back here. Cant say I blame them.
    Yeah, I remember hearing something like the last 5 times they were supposed to come here, 3 got cancelled. Dunno if that's exactly it, but that's not a great track record if it's true.

Yeah it was 2 proper shows out of 5 I heard, whatever a not 'proper' show is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭roast

This cropped up on MI recently.
    I'd be sickened if I went to a show to see a nobend like Benton act like such a child.

Yeah that's the video I was looking for. Acting like such a brat and a 45 minute set, why does he even bother anymore like.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,969 ✭✭✭buck65

This guy is such a knob, these guys were decent about 20 years ago but are a parody now.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

It's really annoying. I love Deicide's music, I love the Legion and self-titled albums in particular, but Benton makes it so damn awkward for anyone that likes them. I bought a ticket to the last show they were supposed to have over here, and when it got cancelled, and H said he'd have nothing more to do with them I just gave up on ever seeing them. I guess when it gets to the point where organisers don't want anything to do with you, and you're one of the bigger names in Death metal, you really are doing something wrong.

I'm also reminded of the long, long time Max Power and I spent trying to get Legion into the Album of the Week list :pac:

Yeah it was 2 proper shows out of 5 I heard, whatever a not 'proper' show is.

Shows that are performed without the full band.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭PickledLime

Benton is a total farce, he should be thankful for for having a 2 decade+ loyal fanbase that are willing to part with coin to watch him play.

I'm a staunch atheist but find his anti-Christian sthick absolutely cringe worthy. Grow up! I'd be looking for my money back if I was in attendance of that gig. And I say more power to H for not giving this tosser the time of day.

I think Asheim should just draw a line under Deicide and plough on with Order Of Ennad (sp?), thought their last album was decent enough.

Advertisement