Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sizing for spikes

Options
  • 01-04-2013 10:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,370 ✭✭✭

So I'm looking to buy a pair of Nike Victory Middle Distance Spikes online and am curious about the sizing. I'm getting them for a bargain price hence the online buy, but obviously I can't try them on. Anyone know how these spikes size up, should I go half a size large/small or just go with true size. Just slightly worried as I bought a pair of cheap Nike zoom rival a few years ago and they sized very small, ie bought a size 9 and they were much too tight. Anyone any experience?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,623 ✭✭✭dna_leri

I have a pair of Nike Lunarglides in size 8.5 (EU 43) and Nike Zoom Matumba in 7.5 (EU 42). The Matumba are a close relation of the Victory and are slightly on the tight side but ok without socks. The Lunarglides are slightly on the big side.

I would recommend getting the Nike spikes a half GB size smaller than your usual.
    I find it better to go by EU sizes as the conversion rates are inconsistent between manufacturers, in which case go 1 EU size smaller.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,370 ✭✭✭pconn062

Many thanks dna_leri, if I was going to wear socks with the spikes (which I would, I have a weird thing about that) maybe the half a size too small might leave them too tight, that's my only worry. I don't mind them being a touch loose rather than too tight.

Advertisement