Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Injustice:GAU tournament interest??

Options
  • 01-04-2013 10:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭

so with the injustice demo dropping overseas tomorrow and to us on wednesday, i thought it might be a good idea to make this thread to ask a few things of the community.
    (please take into account all this is assuming the game will not be ass and people will be actually playing it ;))

1.would you like a tourny as early as possible after release date or prefer to wait a bit to produce a better quality of play?

2.should injustice be introduced into the cycle of games that DOC uses?

3.would you welcome a new "inferno" "DOC" type event if injustice was held at it?
    if so,what other games should be at the event?

4.would you welcome at some point to set up NRS vs capcom vs namco vs anime exhibition or team event matches from members of our communities different games?

or anything else anyone can thing of???

also TYM was always more than great at promoting the Irish MK footage for us and that they are also heavily focusing on injustice now as well as MK i know the support from them will continue if a scene for injustice emerges here :D

All the best,
    Ste
    :pac:

IGAU tournament? 16 votes

yay
    6%
    D4RK ONION 1 vote
    nay
    43%
    Doctor DooMFergus_hdanielladnopokaLar_Bento SentoJustShon 7 votes
    whens Marvel?
    12%
    D4RK ONIONchunkis 2 votes
    whens MK9?
    37%
    Doyler01albel noxValormeerNutrientLytheroBig Gaskin 6 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

1. I think a tournament pretty soon after the game comes out is a good idea, might get some new people in who just picked up the game and haven't been involved in the scene before that.

2. Depends if it's any good/whether there's a playerbase for it etc.

3. Again as above, don't know really.

4. Sounds like fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭Bento Sento

nay
    I was so tempted to pick When's Marvel but I had to pick Yay.

A release day or at least really early on tournament would be fun because none of us would know the game well which would probably add to the entertainment. A tourney a few months on when people have actually gotten around to learning the game is a good idea also so we can properly test it's tournament viability (if that is the right term to use).

As for including the game at regular tourneys like DOC. It's too early to decide. We would need to see if the game is good first and if people will be willing to play it.

The team matches/exhibitions sounds like a excellent idea. Having 3v3 or 5v5 matches with AE guys vs MK guys or Marvel lads vs Tekken lads would be brilliant. But then again it entirely depends on how the game is and if people play it.

We kinda have to wait for the game to drop before we properly get to organise stuff like this but you can count me in if you get something like what is said above going.

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭ladnopoka

nay
    ill be in xgc on wednesday anyway so if there will be also a tourney then its great

nay
    Wait seeing as this is Injustice shouldn't it be When's DC?

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭Nevflinn

GAU on you good thing!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

whens Marvel?
    Da'fuq?! I voted yay, not nay! Bring on D(o)C!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

nay
    1.would you like a tourny as early as possible after release date or prefer to wait a bit to produce a better quality of play?

2.should injustice be introduced into the cycle of games that DOC uses?

3.would you welcome a new "inferno" "DOC" type event if injustice was held at it?
    if so,what other games should be at the event?

4.would you welcome at some point to set up NRS vs capcom vs namco vs anime exhibition or team event matches from members of our communities different games?

or anything else anyone can thing of???

1. Yes, always and often, day 1 tournaments are always great fun.

2. It should get a chance, but whether it continues to appear at DoC would rely on popularity and the willingness of the community to come out and play. that's the cold hard truth to a games success.

3. I pretty much support any tourney I can, it might be an idea to have an NR/ANIME/3D whatever non DoC tournament to take some of the pressure off of DoC. I'd be happy to do my thing at it.

4. Come up before, good idea but the trouble arises in finding people who've any level of skill across multiple games, type of thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭Kanped

I do love day 1 tournaments but to be honest, I've not been less interested in a fighting game than this one in a long time. I can't really put my finger on why; it just looked like it wouldn't be fun to play to me. I'll probably get the demo, anyway because I did really enjoy MK9 until all my combos stopped working a few weeks after launch and this game deserves a chance to win me over but I'm pretty skeptical.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭1man3letters

Dreddybajs wrote: »
    1. I think a tournament pretty soon after the game comes out is a good idea, might get some new people in who just picked up the game and haven't been involved in the scene before that.

2. Depends if it's any good/whether there's a playerbase for it etc.

3. Again as above, don't know really.

4. Sounds like fun.

yea i know questions 2&3 cant really be answered now,just put them in as talking points now to save me making a new thread in 2 weeks
    I was so tempted to pick When's Marvel but I had to pick Yay.

A release day or at least really early on tournament would be fun because none of us would know the game well which would probably add to the entertainment. A tourney a few months on when people have actually gotten around to learning the game is a good idea also so we can properly test it's tournament viability (if that is the right term to use).

As for including the game at regular tourneys like DOC. It's too early to decide. We would need to see if the game is good first and if people will be willing to play it.

The team matches/exhibitions sounds like a excellent idea. Having 3v3 or 5v5 matches with AE guys vs MK guys or Marvel lads vs Tekken lads would be brilliant. But then again it entirely depends on how the game is and if people play it.

We kinda have to wait for the game to drop before we properly get to organise stuff like this but you can count me in if you get something like what is said above going.

yea like said to dreddy i know we'll have to wait till after release to find out a few things for sure,just trying to get a general interest
    ladnopoka wrote: »
    ill be in xgc on wednesday anyway so if there will be also a tourney then its great

yea i thought it might see a good bit of play wed, i wont be able make in it though :(
    D4RK ONION wrote: »
    Da'fuq?! I voted yay, not nay! Bring on D(o)C!

boards polls are weird, there also seems to be a secret option number 5 :confused::confused::confused:
    1. Yes, always and often, day 1 tournaments are always great fun.

2. It should get a chance, but whether it continues to appear at DoC would rely on popularity and the willingness of the community to come out and play. that's the cold hard truth to a games success.

3. I pretty much support any tourney I can, it might be an idea to have an NR/ANIME/3D whatever non DoC tournament to take some of the pressure off of DoC. I'd be happy to do my thing at it.

4. Come up before, good idea but the trouble arises in finding people who've any level of skill across multiple games, type of thing.

yea good points there
    Kanped wrote: »
    I do love day 1 tournaments but to be honest, I've not been less interested in a fighting game than this one in a long time. I can't really put my finger on why; it just looked like it wouldn't be fun to play to me. I'll probably get the demo, anyway because I did really enjoy MK9 until all my combos stopped working a few weeks after launch and this game deserves a chance to win me over but I'm pretty skeptical.

well thats a good thing a new game brings, gets people to come out again or for the 1st time.

so general feedback on doing a tourny as early as possible to day 1 is a good thing.
    game is out on a fri.
    are we bothered about getting it recorded/streamed or should we worry about that if/when the game picks up later on??
    just that i know xgc is a no go for team doomy and his recording stuff

nay
    I think a small tourney the day after release on the Saturday would be the best idea.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Owwmykneecap

Contact nether realm and get free **** for running a launch tourny.
    They will give it to you/ help you out, their PR dept is good.

Contact nether realm and get free **** for running a launch tourny.
    They will give it to you/ help you out, their PR dept is good.

Tweeted at them just there on the @IrishFGC twitter.

I think a small tourney the day after release on the Saturday would be the best idea.

yea but that leaves a whole day for me to break a character then :pac:

yea i was thinking i dont know what would be better for peoples on that.
    have a true day 1 event on the friday or leave it off till the same for people working/school/etc etc
    Tweeted at them just there on the @IrishFGC twitter.

re-tweeted :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Nutrient

Nutrient wrote: »

yep i started using them after copped on you can go and use the ffmb cancels on block and not just hit, been using them in the two gaps ive in lexs offensive found for when dont have his armor active, opponent tries it poke and gets lauched then frees up the gaps for later, its cool and with lex plus on block if its goes wrong :D

also shouldnt that of gone in the other thread :pac:

nay
    So, any news on this?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Nutrient

whens MK9?
    So, any news on this?

Got 8.2 on IGN

Deducted marks for being too destructive lol

nay
    I meant on the tournament, as you well know!

Friday
    XGC
    entry; FREE!!
    double elim
    2/3, 3/5 finals

ill be getting my copy of game fri @10am, earliest i could get into dublin for is 1pm
    but to give people time to get in would say 3-330pm be good????
    (start time as in 1st match so arrive before)

my copy of the game will be on ps3 but dont mind shoving it on xbox if someone has disc.

prizes:
    1st. whatever cash is left after consoles paid for + hidden donated uber megaprize (OMG! :eek:)

nay
    Sadly I won't be able to make it on Friday but I will be in the XGC on Saturday so if anyone wants to grab a few games of casuals or whatever I will play then.

• Advertisement

Sadly I won't be able to make it on Friday but I will be in the XGC on Saturday so if anyone wants to grab a few games of casuals or whatever I will play then.

yea like i was saying to ya in the OBS chat, ill prob be in sat but would have to leave good bit eariler than normally would cause going to a mates shindig i cant miss.
    thats why friday a much better day for me to do this, then its true day1 also lol

nay
    yea like i was saying to ya in the OBS chat, ill prob be in sat but would have to leave good bit eariler than normally would cause going to a mates shindig i cant miss.
    thats why friday a much better day for me to do this, then its true day1 also lol

Yeah I remember you saying that. I don't really mind if I miss a tourney on the Friday, whatever suits you guys best you should go for it. As I said though I'm going to be in the XGC on Sat for the Tekken ranbats (if they actually are on) so if there is a tourney on Sat I will enter and if there isn't I will just play casuals if any of the lads bring it in.

But sadly I actually won't be buying the game (on launch anyway) I haven't got the money for it. I will probably just end up leeching off a mate who is going to buy it and just play at his gaf. :D

Make it free to enter imo, I don't think many people would be up for paying a fiver to enter a day one tournament.

Make it free to enter imo, I don't think many people would be up for paying a fiver to enter a day one tournament.

dont mind, just thought it would give something to play for with a small pot.
    but more so the console rentals will have to be paid for since its xgc

Yeah obviously take money to pay for the consoles, but the objective presumably is to get people (including new people to the scene possibly) to try the game so you'll maximize that by lowering the entry cost, I think.

Yeah obviously take money to pay for the consoles, but the objective presumably is to get people (including new people to the scene possibly) to try the game so you'll maximize that by lowering the entry cost, I think.

true true, so what maybe e2.50 then?

Maybe just take fivers from people for casuals like normal then anything that's left over, give it to the winner instead of putting it into the prize pot like normal? Sorry if that was your original plan and I misread it. :pac:

Maybe just take fivers from people for casuals like normal then anything that's left over, give it to the winner instead of putting it into the prize pot like normal? Sorry if that was your original plan and I misread it. :pac:

yea that was kind of the same thinking alright,
    but i dont mind your addition of just give everything to the winner instead of 1st and 2nd.winner take all :D

Yeah I mean there probably won't be much left over anyway so may as well just make it winner take all.

• Advertisement

post #20 edited :D
    by the way whos even free to come? if little/no interest i can just put it off.so let me know peoples
    so far its myself,lar,nutrient,firebreather..

Advertisement