Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

T and C Peugeot Dealer

Options
  • 01-04-2013 11:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭

Hi Guys

Just want to know any one ever have any dealings with the main peugeot dealer T and C Motors in Waterford,looking for a new car and saw one on there website

As i am from cork know nothing about them no point in me arriving on and finding them a complete waste of time being difficult if i have problems etc If anybody has any info please pm me

Any info would be great

Thanks
    Ger

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Nas10

They are grand to deal with and will look after you but don't expect any over the top help from them as the majority of car dealers in Waterford are all owned by the one guy so if you spot the same car elsewhere the chances are you will be buying off the same guy and I do know they ring around to each other.

I do know there is a dealer near clonmel that does peugeot, can not remember exactly where though as it was on my way to Limerick I used to see it

• Registered Users Posts: 3,245 ✭✭✭old gregg

Never dealt with them myself but they've been around for a long long time so must be doing something right. never heard a bad word about them anyway. I reckon you're as safe with them as you can be with a car dealer.

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭wellboy76

Nas10 wrote: »
    They are grand to deal with and will look after you but don't expect any over the top help from them as the majority of car dealers in Waterford are all owned by the one guy so if you spot the same car elsewhere the chances are you will be buying off the same guy and I do know they ring around to each other.

I do know there is a dealer near clonmel that does peugeot, can not remember exactly where though as it was on my way to Limerick I used to see it

Strangs in kilsheelan

• Registered Users Posts: 49 MinisterJD

Who is the "one guy" that owns the majority of the car dealerships in Waterford??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,766 ✭✭✭Bards

MinisterJD wrote: »
    Who is the "one guy" that owns the majority of the car dealerships in Waterford??

Bolands

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,051 ✭✭✭spankmemunkey

Hope you dont mind me posting on this thread some people do, maybe i should ask your persmission first?:D

Do you have or have you had Peugeot before? Peugot and Renault has the Highest failure rate in MOT History in the Uk, wouldnt touch french cars with a barge pole, Some garages dont take Renault or Peugot in on trade ins, I think the biggest bogey is Renault though, Theyve got serious problems with Central Locking and havent mastered the art of central locking yet,

Sorry if this somehow seems like im being a know it all, or my spelling or grammar are incorrect somewhere in the post.

Stick to VW or Toyota!

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭Crusty Blaa

Yeah decent to deal with and always found Tony in services to be top notch. I always found them to be very expensive for getting work done though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭crasy dash

Thanks to everybody that replied :D Think i might go down next week and look at the car

At spannermunkey,currently dont own a peugeot but have a crock of a toyota auris, would have no more pleasure than burning it to the ground just looking at garages in waterford as i will be working in the area for the next few months

Thanks again lads and lassies:)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,571 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

MinisterJD wrote: »

One family. http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=81797441&postcount=14

crasy dash wrote: »
    Thanks to everybody that replied :D Think i might go down next week and look at the car

At spannermunkey,currently dont own a peugeot but have a crock of a toyota auris, would have no more pleasure than burning it to the ground just looking at garages in waterford as i will be working in the area for the next few months

Thanks again lads and lassies:)

No bodder, enjoy your purchase, I would deffo advise you to keep away from Peugot or Renault though, then again thats just my opinion but i have experience to back it up, I remember washing my father in laws peugot and i was so dissapointed with the build quality of the car it was an estate 408 or something the year was 2010 everything i touched nearly came off in my hand or was loose, I didnt feel comfortable washing it or even leaning too hard on it, I read in a car magazine about the MOT failure rate in the UK and ive had experience with both family and friends with the central locking problems, I was also in VW dealer recently and they told me they dont normally take in Peugeot on Trade ins or Renault one or the other cos the Central Locking issue the car they had on the floor had to have all the regulators changed on it at each door costing them mad money!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,187 ✭✭✭kensutz

Hope you dont mind me posting on this thread some people do, maybe i should ask your persmission first?:D

Do you have or have you had Peugeot before? Peugot and Renault has the Highest failure rate in MOT History in the Uk, wouldnt touch french cars with a barge pole, Some garages dont take Renault or Peugot in on trade ins, I think the biggest bogey is Renault though, Theyve got serious problems with Central Locking and havent mastered the art of central locking yet,

Sorry if this somehow seems like im being a know it all, or my spelling or grammar are incorrect somewhere in the post.

Stick to VW or Toyota!
    No bodder, enjoy your purchase, I would deffo advise you to keep away from Peugot or Renault though, then again thats just my opinion but i have experience to back it up, I remember washing my father in laws peugot and i was so dissapointed with the build quality of the car it was an estate 408 or something the year was 2010 everything i touched nearly came off in my hand or was loose, I didnt feel comfortable washing it or even leaning too hard on it, I read in a car magazine about the MOT failure rate in the UK and ive had experience with both family and friends with the central locking problems, I was also in VW dealer recently and they told me they dont normally take in Peugeot on Trade ins or Renault one or the other cos the Central Locking issue the car they had on the floor had to have all the regulators changed on it at each door costing them mad money!

Deja vú?

kensutz wrote: »
    Deja vú?

Yeah im merely underlinning my point, I added a bit more to it this time.

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭Demonical

Ive a peugeot for the past 6 years, its a diesel 2003 with over 130,000 miles on it at the mo...never failed the NCT and still going strong. I wouldn't hesitate to get another Peugeot..altho I would hesitate ta go near T&C again. Totally unfriendly, unhelpful and charge through the nose for anything. Charged me €180 for a oil and filter change

Stick to VW or Toyota!

Hasn't there been an awful lot of recalls on Toyotas over the past few years? Personally, they wouldn't be a brand I'd go near.

Not really concerned with servicing after wards,just want to know they are not any way dodgy with regards the cars they sell if I could trust mileage etc on cars

I know from experience not all name brand dealers can be trusted

Agree about toyotas last car I had was a shocker of a toyota

Do a cartell check on any car you want to buy and hopefully it will flag up any discrepancies, although if the car is less than 4 years old with no NCT i dont think any mileage will be on the cartell system unless they get mileage from dealers when they service cars also? Or maybe they get mileage when the car changes hands? Im dont really know how that system works.
    Ive not heard anything about cars being clocked and T&C but I'm always wary and I'd never trust any dealer 100%. Always take what they say with a pinch of salt.

I would be the same as your self not trusting car dealers.
    I know of too many stories about cars with dodgy mileage or accident damage just dont want to buy a lemon and have grief travelling to and fro to waterford trying to sort things

Thanks for the advice much appreciated

All car manufacturers have recalls, if you produce any cars you have recalls its part and parcell of producing cars, its just you hear about some more than others, it depends on the size of the problem and how many cars are affected if you hear about it or not.

heres a list of cars that have been recalled recently and yes theres toyota on it but many other makes http://autos.aol.com/article/category/auto-recalls/

Toyota is the most commonly used car in Ireland for Taxi drivers, next time your in town or near a rank have a look see how many of them are Toyota's

A car that has been badly maintained down the years is going to cause the next buyer problems, Ive had friends who have had cars that didnt even know where oil went or when it needed to be changed or serviced, These cars all change hands and drivers then say those F'in fords or those F'm toyotas, This could also boil down to experience of cars and in my experience VW and Toyota are the best, VW holds their value longest and Toyota tend to be better built, All said the times they are a changin, I wouldnt look past VW or Toyota, I had a friend buy the 2008? Peugot, its like a jeep or a 4x4, It was 1 year old and the Gear Box was banjo'd on it went back to T+C and said oh you musta done that, gear box leaked and now she they reckon the Gear Box is not working at its best shall we say,

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭littlelulu

Hmmmmmmm

I have had peugeots since the 90's, my family have had renaults since the 70's and we drove them all for many many years without any problems. I think 16 years was the longest before the poor thing gave up the fight. Still have peugeots and renaults and guess what... no problems at all!! Funnily enough other family members and friends have had volkswagons and they were a nightmare from the day they took them out of the garage brand new. Problems with engines, electrics, seats, gearbox, clutch etc etc. Not just one car but 4 cars in total over the last few years. They all gave up on the brand and changed to something different.

Never had problems with NCT either.

I find it very hard to believe you couldn't touch the car without something falling off. :rolleyes:

Its not fair to insist on putting someone off a brand just because you had a bad experience. Like i said volkswagon gave my friends an awful time. Everyone has different experiences. I wouldn't try and persuade someone not to buy a volkswagon though because there are plenty on the road working perfectly fine. I just personally wouldn't buy one because I saw the amount of hassle they had.

If renault and peugeot were as bad as you make them out to be then they would be gone out of business a long long long time ago.

Cars need to be looked after properly from day one. Find someone reliable and good to service the car not just the cheapest person. Make sure everything is sorted when it should. Stop pretending to be a rally driver etc etc. :D If someone doesn't look after their car then they can't really complain when something goes wrong as a result.

Apart from that to answer the original question, I have had many dealings with T&C and everything was perfect. Services etc are expensive but that can be expected from a dealership and as somebody already mentioned they have been around with donkeys years. I have never heard anyone say anything bad about them either.

Just do your homework, make sure ther is a full service history and follow that up. People trade in cars and don't tell the full truth about the car so the dealership might not even be aware of a problem.

Good luck op :)

littlelulu wrote: »
    Hmmmmmmm

I have had peugeots since the 90's, my family have had renaults since the 70's and we drove them all for many many years without any problems. I think 16 years was the longest before the poor thing gave up the fight. Still have peugeots and renaults and guess what... no problems at all!! Funnily enough other family members and friends have had volkswagons and they were a nightmare from the day they took them out of the garage brand new. Problems with engines, electrics, seats, gearbox, clutch etc etc. Not just one car but 4 cars in total over the last few years. They all gave up on the brand and changed to something different.

Never had problems with NCT either.

I find it very hard to believe you couldn't touch the car without something falling off. :rolleyes:

Its not fair to insist on putting someone off a brand just because you had a bad experience. Like i said volkswagon gave my friends an awful time. Everyone has different experiences. I wouldn't try and persuade someone not to buy a volkswagon though because there are plenty on the road working perfectly fine. I just personally wouldn't buy one because I saw the amount of hassle they had.

If renault and peugeot were as bad as you make them out to be then they would be gone out of business a long long long time ago.

Cars need to be looked after properly from day one. Find someone reliable and good to service the car not just the cheapest person. Make sure everything is sorted when it should. Stop pretending to be a rally driver etc etc. :D If someone doesn't look after their car then they can't really complain when something goes wrong as a result.

Apart from that to answer the original question, I have had many dealings with T&C and everything was perfect. Services etc are expensive but that can be expected from a dealership and as somebody already mentioned they have been around with donkeys years. I have never heard anyone say anything bad about them either.

Just do your homework, make sure ther is a full service history and follow that up. People trade in cars and don't tell the full truth about the car so the dealership might not even be aware of a problem.

Good luck op :)

Oh so you and your family have had french cars all your life so your not Bias?:D

The stats speak for themselves
    http://www.theregister.co.uk/2010/01/13/mot_fail_rates/

There were too may links to post about French cars and central locking problems, My sister had a peugeot cant remember the model was an estate maybe year 2005 or 2006, when she had the car all the central locking regulators had to be changed, she got the problem fixed by the peugeot garage that she bought it from and when she traded it in there about 3 months ago she went back to her neighbours Peugeot garage(out of loyalty to him) and got a newer model, she knew the person who got her old car and 2 weeks later the car was back in the garage with central locking problems, all the regulators had to be changed in each door costing nearly 1000 euros, A friend of mine had a 208 i think it was that useto lock itself all the time when he got out of it, ended up locking itself with the keys in the engine and the engine running, you must have been lucky, also dont forget how long has central locking been on cars that your family have bought down the years? maybe 10? so 2 models youve possibly been lucky on, the chances are high!

I was in Tom Murphys recently and i was told a member of staff was nearly sacked for taking in a Renault Scenic on a trade in, another car that had central locking problems all the doors needed regulators changed and it cost again over 1000 euros, they were all told after that not to accept renault on trade ins.

Funny thing Toyota Corrolla was the lowest failure rate on MOT STATS!

Okay so we're poles apart on what cars we would choose i would use stats and experience to pick my cars which would lead me to Toyota or VW.

The only thing i wouldnt say is i would never presume a SIMI approved Main Dealer Garage would sell clocked second hand cars, Risking losing their SIMI status and main dealer dealership!

• Advertisement

Hi Guys

Just an update on this seeing as I started this thread, decided to head down with herself to Waterford yesterday roughly around 300km trip for us and look at the car we saw on the net cannot say it was a pleasant experience.

Ok granted it was lunchtime when we arrived in went in the main door and looked around then what I thought was a sales person appeared in the show room floor actually was the general manager found this out later when we entered his office.
    Said Hello to him to which he responded`` Well lads” never told us his name or job title etc couldn’t be bothered as he said to himself these two are only time wasters,never asked me my own name or my partners,enquired to him about the car I was interested in just about gave me the keys,didn’t come out to us with the car left us off as it was raining stayed inside the show room looking out the window at us,any other show room I have been in sales team have always come with us to show the car talk the talk specs etc.

Went back in and asked can we take it for a spin he replied we would have to wait till another member of saff returned from lunch fair enough I said , he did not offer us tea or coffee etc didn’t say would you mind waiting in the waiting area etc, nothing left us walk out the door , I am not familiar with Waterford so arsed around for twenty minutes came back

Was greeted by a another lad this time when I went in sound lad I must say he pulled out the car and off we went on the test drive with him ,went out the Tramore Rd in the car and started chatting with herself as well as the other lad nice fella he was
    Test drive went fine couldn’t fault the car was seriously interested in the car having brought 12k in cash along with my own car wanted to do the deal.
    Returned to the showroom was met by the same person,didn’t ask how the drive went nothing , went into his office I asked him was he always this ignorant in his manner with people literally got attacked for implying this to him oh you must be misunderstanding me he goes to me and my partner, by this time I am getting annoyed with this eejit I take out 9k in 50euro notes and put it on the table hoping this might change his attitude says how he would like to do business with me but I would have to come up a bit more grand says I, I put another grand on the table

Still no good would need another 500 he goes to me, nothing to be honest but his whole attitude was terrible put out my hand said sorry not going anymore I get up and walk out his office and show room

Never even took my name or number what an ignorant person I must say it wasn’t like I was wasting time wanted the car and had the money his loss,lost a sale over a terrible attitude

Is it me or what do you think guys?

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭leduke

i agree he sounds like an ignorant prick! not a nice experience for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

I could have fore-warned you about the arriving between 1-2 bit , but did'nt think you would have the same experience as me .

I did'nt even wait , as I saw 2 employees , in the reception area, who did'nt seem to be too busy , but yet were'nt interested in me .

I could have fore-warned you about the arriving between 1-2 bit , but did'nt think you would have the same experience as me .

I did'nt even wait , as I saw 2 employees , in the reception area, who did'nt seem to be too busy , but yet were'nt interested in me .

Never been treated like this before have owned toyotas vw etc all have good sales and service etc
    Will be contacting Peugeot Ireland over this, all i can say is the best thing about yesterday was going to Hillbillies :D

What a complete waste of time i swear

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭mooseknunkle

Hi Guys

Just an update on this seeing as I started this thread, decided to head down with herself to Waterford yesterday roughly around 300km trip for us and look at the car we saw on the net cannot say it was a pleasant experience.

Ok granted it was lunchtime when we arrived in went in the main door and looked around then what I thought was a sales person appeared in the show room floor actually was the general manager found this out later when we entered his office.
    Said Hello to him to which he responded`` Well lads” never told us his name or job title etc couldn’t be bothered as he said to himself these two are only time wasters,never asked me my own name or my partners,enquired to him about the car I was interested in just about gave me the keys,didn’t come out to us with the car left us off as it was raining stayed inside the show room looking out the window at us,any other show room I have been in sales team have always come with us to show the car talk the talk specs etc.

Went back in and asked can we take it for a spin he replied we would have to wait till another member of saff returned from lunch fair enough I said , he did not offer us tea or coffee etc didn’t say would you mind waiting in the waiting area etc, nothing left us walk out the door , I am not familiar with Waterford so arsed around for twenty minutes came back

Was greeted by a another lad this time when I went in sound lad I must say he pulled out the car and off we went on the test drive with him ,went out the Tramore Rd in the car and started chatting with herself as well as the other lad nice fella he was
    Test drive went fine couldn’t fault the car was seriously interested in the car having brought 12k in cash along with my own car wanted to do the deal.
    Returned to the showroom was met by the same person,didn’t ask how the drive went nothing , went into his office I asked him was he always this ignorant in his manner with people literally got attacked for implying this to him oh you must be misunderstanding me he goes to me and my partner, by this time I am getting annoyed with this eejit I take out 9k in 50euro notes and put it on the table hoping this might change his attitude says how he would like to do business with me but I would have to come up a bit more grand says I, I put another grand on the table

Still no good would need another 500 he goes to me, nothing to be honest but his whole attitude was terrible put out my hand said sorry not going anymore I get up and walk out his office and show room

Never even took my name or number what an ignorant person I must say it wasn’t like I was wasting time wanted the car and had the money his loss,lost a sale over a terrible attitude

Is it me or what do you think guys?

Im not going to say his name but yeah he is a very ignorant,smug person,been working for them so long im surprised bolands havent seen what he is really like.

Thanks for the reply really appreciate it thought for a while it might have been something i might have done <snip>?? ,will contact Bolands as well it seems they own the Peugeot Dealership in Waterford any ideas of the main person in charge or who i might contact ?

I will be ringing Peugeot Ireland in the morning first off,and putting my complaint in writing tomorrow when i get a chance and sending it by registered post.

Might help them train their staff a bit better

Is that so thanks again,have you had a bad experience yourself?

Ill google the name you mentioned
    Thanks,
    Dash

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭mooseknunkle

Is that so thanks again,have you had a bad experience yourself?

Ill google the name you mentioned
    Thanks,
    Dash

Best of luck but i dont think anything will come from your complaint.

• Registered Users Posts: 600 ✭✭✭savic04

<snip>

I never get why so few car dealerships have any decent sales...

I had a fairly similar episode in Honda (another bolands garage) before walking out. Not one person came near me

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

Seems to be a bit of a recurring theme in some of the dealers in Waterford. I've had the same experience in at least two other dealers - one Bolands, one non bolands.

My wife has gotten two cars in T&C's and she never had a problem with them and they were good to deal with and gave fair deals on her trade ins. Although I will say I left her car in for service maybe a year ago and wasn't offered a courtesy car, a lift home or someone come collect me when service was done.

If your still looking and would consider a Hyundai, maybe try the Bolands out on Cork road? I bought a BMW from their BMW dealership (on same forecourt) last September and they were so good to deal with. I won't look past them the next time I get a car. They were courteous helpful and we're looking at selling for not just now but several cars from now. When i went in for recent service sales guy rememebered me, asked how car was, had I any problems..

Advertisement