Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Season 2 Week 16 results

Options
  • 02-04-2013 12:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭

Ravens lose to the Seahawks, 24 14 I think it was. Playoffs look unlikely now, need the Chargers to do me a favour. Well played Adlum, deserved your win. Game hinged on that 3 and 27 conversion to Sidney Rice.

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,332 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

Pudsy33 wrote: »
    Ravens lose to the Seahawks, 24 14 I think it was. Playoffs look unlikely now, need the Chargers to do me a favour. Well played Adlum, deserved your win. Game hinged on that 3 and 27 conversion to Sidney Rice.
    Didn't know you guys were playing,else I would have been on "watching" on xbox live.
    Very tough game against the Chargers though,I don't think they've lost a game since Shane's been in charge(including a win over Berty) and I think we've played 3 friendlies against each other,2 of which I've lost I think but at least I now control my own fate.

*Thank you Seashawks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

Who do you play week 17 Perrin?

Who do you play week 17 Perrin?
    Bads new for you there.......CPU Vikings.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

• Registered Users Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭giffney1991

Raiders play the dolphins in late match-up

Raiders needed this win to get themselves virtually into the playoffs. Fresh to the scene dolphins were up the challenge

Dolphins went ahead with early field goal but raiders stepped up their game and didnt let the dolphins drive again up the field with 6 interceptions throughout the game. This was unlucky for dolphins as their players seemed to slow down just before catching let my secondary undercut the pass.

Palmer has 2 interceptions but did throw for 263yards out of 17/27 passes.

2 touchdowns by hester, a pick six and 4 field goals led the raiders to a 33-3 victory.

Good game dolphins, you just were unlucky with those throws! Looking 4ward to seeing you next season hopefully

Raiders move 10-5 and will hopefully make playoffs

• Advertisement

shouldn't this be in the week 16 post...? i created one then saw this so am now confused

• Registered Users Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

I made a mistake naming the thread, a mod should be able to rectify it

I made a mistake naming the thread, a mod should be able to rectify it

ill delete mine then?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭madalig12

Redskins beat the 49ers 38-32.
    Was hoping Santry would stick up a report because my memory usually doesn't store up the info when I'm ranting my way through games. I could have won this at the end only for a holding penalty on first and 12 at the death.

Really deserved to lose due to 7 turnovers but fumbleitis from the skins kept me within spitting distance. Some user picks sickened me as they looked a bit unrealistic but some I threw to the wrong people(lack of playing time this past week costing me). Skins are a good throwing team and burned me with some big screen plays. I got a pick six from around my 20 and a kickoff return from Hunter(my first ever). RGiii scored five passing TD and was quality all game but I was enraged during one drive where I had defenders get within touching distance three times but who just wouldn't tackle him until he passed the ball. He got hardly any rushing yards which was good from my pov.

Had a great laugh at the end of the half where I had three sacks in a row and had the skins pushed back to 3rd and 32 on their own one yard line, so near a safety too. Not disappointed to lose as I didn't feel I deserved to win but defo had the chances to steal this and it was probably the most fun game I've played of madden ever, also my first game vs Santry I think.

Jaguars 31-27 Panthers.

The Jags just manage to shade a win in Carolina after a great game.

We came out and I kicked to Matthew as I normally like to get a look at the opposing offence first, but I was left to admire said offence as Cam launched the first drive down the field and took the lead at 7-0. Some good running by MJD saw us down to the 4, but my usually excellent red zone offence stalled, thanks largely to hitting an open Todd Heap in the back in the end zone, and I was forced to settle for 3. Matthew again sliced me up, a few screens which I had read but couldn't turn over and some nice out-routes from Henderson and the Panthers were up 14-3. It was absolutely vital I scored here, and thankfully this time Todd Heap was looking and Tebow connected on a TD pass. Finally I adjusted my D and managed to snag a nice user pick with Amari Spievey, normally known for his hard hits. I turned the good field position into 7 points as MJD rumbled over. As I was taking the kickoff I got hit by lag which meant I kicked a short one around the 20, whoever caught it fumbled the ball, but myself and matthew agreed it was a normal fumble and the short kick was not intentional. A well crafted drive resulted in that man MJD getting across the goal line again. I thought I would be going in at the half 24-14 up but Cam had other ideas as he launched a 61 yard bomb to Henderson with 1 sec left on the clock for a field goal.

24-17 Jags at half.

Tim Tebow has been absolutely brilliant for me this season, but today he didn't seem at his best. A terrible overthrow to Josh Cribbs on a slant, and then a foolish decision by me going back to the slant was picked off. Thankfully my red zone D stepped up and forced a FG, but I needed a score to retain a lead. Mike Thomas took the kickoff to the house! 31-20 Jags. Another well crafted drive by the Panthers saw them at the 1 yard line, and Cam was able to sneak over to pull it to 31-27, but that drive ate a lot of clock, as the Jags D was beginning to get to the QB and cut off WR options. The Jags had 2 mins to run the clock out, 1 min gone, but then a shocking call by myself going for a play action that was never on in an attempt to secure the 1st down was picked off! But after some relentless pressure on Cam, the Panthers could not convert on 4th and 22 and the game was over.

Brilliant game Matthew, really back and forth and very enjoyable. Good luck in the playoffs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,599 ✭✭✭matthew8

Jaguars come to visit the Panthers.
    Panthers take the kickoff and get a big screen pass and eventually Rashon Williams takes it in to go up 7-0.

Jaguars go downfield very quickly but are stopped at the Panthers 4 and kick a FG. 7-3.

After 2 poor plays Newton flings it up and Henderson comes down with it at the Jaguars 20. Rashon Williams takes it from there to go up 14-3.

Jaguars get a good drive and MJD walks in at the end to close the gap to 14-10.

Newton sees an apparently open Williams down the middle but the incredible user pick closing speed enables the safety to catch it. Tebow throws a TD pass soon after to go up 17-14.

Next kickoff and disaster for the Panthers as Adams fumbles. MJD scores another run and the Jags go up 24-14 with 13 seconds left in the half.

The tried and tested fling it to Henderson is done again by the Panthers, and he comes down with the ball on the Jags 20 with 1 second left and the Panthers kick it through to close it to 24-17.

Second Half:
    Jaguars start their second half off with a pick to Brandon Hogan. Panthers go down to the Jaguars RZ, have a 2nd and 2 14 yards or so out but have to settle for a FG. This sort of stuff hurts the Panthers head coach very deep inside.

Even worse Mike Thomas bounces the kickoff to the outside and simply outruns the pathetic chasing tacklers for a TD. 31-20.

Next drive for the Panthers and Newton embarks on a ridiculous 30 yard run, at the start of which he should've had his ribs broken by a LB. A few plays later, a Tolbert catch down to the 1, and Newton sneaks it in.

Jaguars get to the 50 but must punt, out of bounds at the 7. This is what dreams are made of. I make it to midfield with a pass to Steve Smith through a window the size of a golf ball but I bottle it, getting sacked on a screen pass and Henderson unable to make a grab on 2 deep throws.

After the turnover on downs the Jags need 1 first down. After a run Mikey admirably tries a pass with the "clutch" Tebow, but it's picked off by Sherrod Martin! No chance of taking it back though and the Panthers have 1 minute and 2 timeouts. Awful offense, don't know what I was doing, and a 4 and out.

Newton and MJD were the 2 main men, Stewart and Tebow proving pitiful sideshows. Pretty annoyed I couldn't win but hanging tough with the best the AFC has to offer isn't bad form going into the playoffs, but I need a win against the Redskins for the all important first round bye, and the irrelevant home field advantage throughout the playoffs.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,599 ✭✭✭matthew8

I must say a major feature of that game was defenders being completely unable to figure out what's going on when a WR makes a cut. Both my TD passes used this. Hope it's fixed for the next one so those aren't so easy, and user picks are made harder so deep balls over the middle aren't so hard.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Saints down the Colts in New Orleans, miserable night for Andrew Luck, Interception free last week, well he was back with a bang this week, got nothing going on offense because the Saints defence was just unreal. Julian Edelman who i really should've played more often got the Colts TD late in the game

Bills next week so should finish 7-9, then a busy off season in prospect, really need a couple of CB's and WR's.

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭theoneadlum

It was such a tight game. Very little between us. A handful of passing plays made the difference. Was it Sidney Rice, or that ridiculous diving catch from TE Miller? I was as shocked as anyone. My defence came through again with the turnovers too.

Some great stuff from Ray Rice, running out of Rutgers (ruh-ro!)...And Captain K kept me honest with the scramble threat.

Would dearly like a good seeding now for the playoffs. Don't think my game is strong enough to go all that far.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

madalig12 wrote: »
    Redskins beat the 49ers 38-32.
    Was hoping Santry would stick up a report because my memory usually doesn't store up the info when I'm ranting my way through games. I could have won this at the end only for a holding penalty on first and 12 at the death.

Really deserved to lose due to 7 turnovers but fumbleitis from the skins kept me within spitting distance. Some user picks sickened me as they looked a bit unrealistic but some I threw to the wrong people(lack of playing time this past week costing me). Skins are a good throwing team and burned me with some big screen plays. I got a pick six from around my 20 and a kickoff return from Hunter(my first ever). RGiii scored five passing TD and was quality all game but I was enraged during one drive where I had defenders get within touching distance three times but who just wouldn't tackle him until he passed the ball. He got hardly any rushing yards which was good from my pov.

Had a great laugh at the end of the half where I had three sacks in a row and had the skins pushed back to 3rd and 32 on their own one yard line, so near a safety too. Not disappointed to lose as I didn't feel I deserved to win but defo had the chances to steal this and it was probably the most fun game I've played of madden ever, also my first game vs Santry I think.

Great game Ali, really enjoyed it! Apologies about the lack of a write up, ridiculously busy at the moment! Best of luck next season too :D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Titans @ Steelers, Titans receive.

Cookie is open and should be a TD but the pass is wide of the mark.
    Titans on the 2 yard line on 3rd down. TD Chris Johnson.

Steelers punt but on the first play Johnson fumbles, Steelers recover on the 11. TD Steelers
    Titans then throw a pick...
    TD Steelers
    Williams makes a key 3rd down catch, Titans punt it looks like its out to the endzone

Great TD pass goes the whole length of the filed for a TD

HT and the Steelers up by 2 scores.
    Steelers moving it very easily

Cromartie is a wimp! TD Steelers
    Williams nearly breaks off a TD, Ttians punt, Steelers FG
    Williams takes a catch and gets hammered! fumbled and steelers recover
    Wright drops a first down pass... Locker throws an int

TD Steelers

Then a ridiculous int!

Not a good day at the office and a dominant performance by Steelers here

Good chatting ET and best of luck in the play offs

I need some serious help in the WR dept in FA!

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭etloveslsd

Damn that was quick, you must go for speed typing competitions.

Thanks for the game and the chat.

After Johnson's hot start (51 yards from first 3 carries) I thought I was in for a long day. Thankfully my adjustments worked. He even brushed off Polamalu like he was nothing!!

I hope we get to play each other next season. I think the only way we can is play offs. We should aim for that.

Next week I have The Ravens destiny in my hands. Perrin, what it worth for Big Ben not to have a week off? ;)

I need some serious help in the WR dept in FA!
    You're not the only one,I was checking statistics yesterday and I have one of the worse red zone conversions on the league!
    Not but dropped passes in the red zone

• Registered Users Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭madalig12

I'm sticking with my two rookies and manningham so the two Jenkins are available.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,731 ✭✭✭Raoul

matthew8 wrote: »
    I must say a major feature of that game was defenders being completely unable to figure out what's going on when a WR makes a cut. Both my TD passes used this. Hope it's fixed for the next one so those aren't so easy, and user picks are made harder so deep balls over the middle aren't so hard.

This!! Been happening to me so much lately.

• Advertisement

Well with regards to user picks if they're making a change they let it be for players usered pre snap and post snap,otherwise I say leave it as it is as I'd be afraid they'd mess it up
    *Broncos 35 CPU Chargers 10 Had to play it just there,didn't know if I'd have time later on

The reason user picks are the way they are is because Madden players were sick of following a play the whole way and going for the pick only for a clumbsy defensive player to drop an easy pick. I agree they have over compensated to a degree, but really you just have to know where the user is and don't test it.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Lions beat the Falcons in a pretty meaningless end of season game. I go to 8-7 and secure the 8 wins that was the official target. Pretty disappointed not to make the playoffs for a second successive year.

Best of luck to all who made it, I'll have the CPU bears for my last game, to hopefully go 9-7 and have a 1 game improvement on last season.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭davetherave

Team|1Q| 2Q| 3Q| 4Q| FINAL
    Team Gronk|7|7|0|10|24
    Giants| 7|14|0|10|31

Giants win this close one.

Pats rookie Elijah Mitchell returned another kick for a TD, his second of the season. This one a 100 yarder kickoff.
    Brady didn't throw any interceptions, so that is a positive. He did fumble it in the Giants redzone though. Hernandez and Ridley both scored TD's and Gastowski got a FG as time expired to make the scoreline a little more acceptable following a 60 second drill to move down to the giants 15 yard line.

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭notyalc666

Eagles beat the CPU Rams after the head coach confirmed that he wouldn't be able to make the game.

Won 35-9 but have never wanted a disconnection more in a game but my stupid internet held up.

Why? You ask because DeSean Jackson's stupid collarbone broke, i told him he didn't need it, it's only there for show but he didn't want to listen and has gone home for 8 weeks.

Next up the Jets where i will try in vain to find my new DeSean

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭etloveslsd

notyalc666 wrote: »
    Eagles beat the CPU Rams after the head coach confirmed that he wouldn't be able to make the game.

Won 35-9 but have never wanted a disconnection more in a game but my stupid internet held up.

Why? You ask because DeSean Jackson's stupid collarbone broke, i told him he didn't need it, it's only there for show but he didn't want to listen and has gone home for 8 weeks.

Next up the Jets where i will try in vain to find my new DeSean

That's rough, poxy time of year for it to happen.

Advertisement