Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Alternate guitar tuning for bossa nova style?

Options
  • 02-04-2013 12:15am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭

I'm a great fan of messing about with alternate guitar tuning :D Recently, I've been experimenting with bossa nova style music (think Nouvelle Vague) but I can't seem to find any tuning besides standard that suits. A lot of the jazz tunings are more geared towards playing riffs and solos etc. Is there an alternate tuning that would add depth of tone and make diminished 7 and 3rd chords easier to play?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭Fusion251

Nope, not really, most alternative tunings are there to allow an open sound Bossa Nova guitar isn't that kinda sound anyway..when you get into jazz harmony, you can't really let notes ring out especially if you're playing a diminished 7 chord and then moving to something else, chances are there will be some serious note clashes.

Advertisement