Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good ISP's in Wicklow

• 02-04-2013 2:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Alri everyone, i live in wicklow-Newtownmoutkennedy getting real tried of eircom's real bad service and horrible support, I am looking for a good ISP with good speeds and good service.

I game a lot and download a lot more.

currently with eircom-8mb-only get 5mb if im lucky.

contacted magnum-24mb.

Sadly UPC is'int available in my area (Cant wait until it is)

any suggestions/recommendations?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,051 ✭✭✭bealtine

SeanDavis wrote: »
    Alri everyone, i live in wicklow-Newtownmoutkennedy getting real tried of eircom's real bad service and horrible support, I am looking for a good ISP with good speeds and good service.

I game a lot and download a lot more.

currently with eircom-8mb-only get 5mb if im lucky.

contacted magnum-24mb.

Sadly UPC is'int available in my area (Cant wait until it is)

any suggestions/recommendations?

The choices are : cable, phone line or FWA.
    You can't get cable so your next best bet is phone line so all the usual re-sellers like Vodafone,Magnet,Smart and Sky,
    however they can only supply what eircom supply already just at a better price.
    Newtown is an 8Mb exchange so that's the max you can get...

then comes FWA (Fixed wireless).
    There are Wicklow Broadband and Regional Broadband in your area, you could ask them and see what they can deliver but realistically I'd say phone line would be better...

I'd not even consider mobile or satellite as they are not real broadband...so you are kind of stuck with phone line:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

I have Digiweb and find it very reliable and great. There's a small dish in the roof and I have the 30 Mb connection and is say I get an average on about 20 megs download speed. Pings are normally under 30 ms.

Advertisement