Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ROLLING STONES BIG (tour?) ANNOUNCEMENT ON WEDNESDAY

Options
  • 02-04-2013 3:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭

I find it hard to believe there isn't a thread on this already but if there is, I can't find it.

There have been these things posted on the Stones' facebook page and the website and tweet machine etc. that there is something big coming on Wednesday. It's pretty obvious it's going to be a tour. We just want to know how big will it be, will they come to Ireland and how much will it cost....

This website: http://stonesnews.com/ shows possible tour dates and other related news. Of course these rumoured dates are all in America and nobody has thought about us poor Europeans. Nevertheless, I'm sure they'll tour Europe at some stage.

Will they come to Ireland though? Where? The point? Croke Park?
    Will they bring Mick Taylor and Bill Wyman along with them???

AAAHHHH I WANT TO SEE THEM!!!! :D:D:D Gonna cost a small fortune though I'd say...

Here is them in New York there before Christmas with Mick Taylor.
    He moves around more in that song than he ever did while he was in the band.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

Heard one of the dates is Hyde park. I'd imagine tickets will be pretty outrageous.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,425 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

would deff sell out Croke Park or the Aviva. The o2 would be too small.

Id pay E140 at most to see them.

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭green day rule

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Id pay E140 at most to see them.

Something's telling me you wont be going. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

PTH2009 wrote: »
    The o2 would be too small.
    They played the old point which had less capacity.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Morrison J

There was a thread started ages ago
    http://touch.boards.ie/thread/2056781091/4

Can't see an Irish date being confirmed tomorrow anyway. The Stones always prioritise their American dates anyway so it'll be a while until we hear anything Irish related I'd say. Maybe an English gig announced tomorrow at best.

I'm hoping to go to Glastonbury anyway :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Possible dates?

rolling-stones-dates.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭exilec

just hyde park july 6th..:(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭comet

so the question is do Irish fans need to make the trip over or will an Irish date be added. With tickets on sale Friday not much time to know, tickets start at £95

• Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

They were brutal at Slane in '07. Shocking bad line up too.
    I think the tickets were €75 or thereabouts. i wouldn't be rushing to see them again that's for sure.

comet wrote: »
    start at £95

cereal-guy-cereal-guy-spitting.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭poundhound

I thought they were fantastic at Slane 2007.

Given the rubbish that's been on display at Slane in recent times, it was great to see one of the greats.

My old man seen them in the Adelphi 40 years earlier.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

in all seriousness....its gettin a bit redic'o now

they're all pushin 70 ffs, what next will they be performing with zimoframes??

and its not like they need the money

fryup wrote: »
    ithey're all pushin 70 ffs, what next will they be performing with zimoframes??

Look at the poster on the wall :pac::pac:

4.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭green day rule

Could be the third Phoenix Park gig.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,245 ✭✭✭old gregg

They were brutal at Slane in '07. Shocking bad line up too.
    I think the tickets were €75 or thereabouts. i wouldn't be rushing to see them again that's for sure.

Agree. I'd seen them around 10 times in different countries over the years but Slane '07 was the point I walked away and said never again. An awful phoned in performance.

• Registered Users Posts: 854 ✭✭✭corm500

Slane 07 was a class gig. Granted not as good as the Point Depot but far superior to their 80's Slane gig.

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭tedobrien98

My brother was at Slane in 07 and he never stops on about how unreal they were, but I suppose it was the first time he could have gone to see them so it's all relative. I still know however that if I was to see them I would think it was epic because I've only ever seen aging rock stars live in concert so I'd know nothing else... :)
    Apart from videos of them at their peak in the 70's and stuff obviously :P

• Registered Users Posts: 5,465 ✭✭✭finbarrk

The gig at the point about 10 years ago was brilliant. I would only go to indoor shows anymore. Outdoor in this country doesn't seem to work.

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭tedobrien98

finbarrk wrote: »
    I would only go to indoor shows anymore. Outdoor in this country doesn't seem to work.

Would a stadium be considered indoor or outdoor?
    Either way, I was at Paul McCartney in the RDS in 2010 and it was unreal. I don't know is that indoor or outdoor though...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,465 ✭✭✭finbarrk

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 698 ✭✭✭belcampprisoner

in America they were selling tickets for 200 dollars no one was buying so they dropped them to 85 idont know how they will sell

mick is 69 years old so theres no starting him up

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_JjkKKUT0ss

Advertisement