Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2013/2014 Rugby Jerseys thread

Options
  • 02-04-2013 3:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 16

I know it's early, but I thought I'd get this ball rolling because the USA rugby team announced their 2013/2014 jerseys, to debut against Ireland, and for supporters of teams supplied by Canterbury (Leinster, etc), it might be a signpost for this upcoming seasons' designs.

I really like their Home design. (I have their Rugby World Cup 2011 kit, but it was essentially a plain default Canterbury jersey, I like how the USA are getting more attentive designs)

Home:
    8610244511_45cb0f4e10_b.jpg

Away:
    8610245323_69ae4922ef_b.jpg

Sevens Home:
    8610327313_7d22b744e4_b.jpg

Sevens Away:
    8611357322_2bd03cd5e2_b.jpg
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭Hersheys

That 7's away jersey is nice

• Subscribers Posts: 41,487 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Both away jerseys are nicer than the home versions.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

They've basically filled the neck gap in, and got rid of the stupid seem across the belly. Looks good, and simple.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,822 ✭✭✭Morf

I'm waiting to see what the Boks jersey is like as to whether I pick that up or the old test jersey.

I'll buy the Leinster home and away test jerseys no matter what the look like so no point pretending different. I've missed out on the Leinster H Cup jerseys so far, mostly because I can't seem to find them outside the Leinster shop and have the money for them when they are briefly available.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭durkadurka

This should be called the Rugby Shirt Atrocities thread

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭decisions

In comparison to some of the recent USA jerseys they are ugly. I really don't like the stripes or the filled in neck.

The away 7s jersey are nice enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 817 ✭✭✭Chabals Beard

Does anyone know where I can buy tight fitting jerseys, most jerseys are replicas and I would love one of the tight fitting ones.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭decisions

Lovell tend to have the test fit jerseys. Canterbury and puma both do them.

decisions wrote: »
    Lovell tend to have the test fit jerseys. Canterbury and puma both do them.

Could you throw me a link?

• Registered Users Posts: 621 ✭✭✭Chiorino

Is it a definate that Leinster will have a new kit for next season?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,152 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

You can get the players or test jerseys in some shops. I know my brother bought one or two of them (he's as skinny as a rake.......unlike some of us!) in Elverys or a regular jersey shop.

He did have to helped into it as it was so tight the first time!

My school got the sexiest, tight fitting canterbury jerseys a few years ago, it was a blue one with the 2009 design. I wish i could get them

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭ulster_Beef

48354.jpg
    I quite happen to like this sevens jersey

• Administrators Posts: 53,732 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Just how tight are those tight jerseys? I'm as skinny as a rake, and I'd take an XS for sure, but I'm wondering if they're so tight that they'd just look stupid with jeans (though I do wear skinny jeans :D) ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,257 ✭✭✭Hagz

awec wrote: »
    Just how tight are those tight jerseys? I'm as skinny as a rake, and I'd take an XS for sure, but I'm wondering if they're so tight that they'd just look stupid with jeans (though I do wear skinny jeans :D) ?

An XS in one of those canto jersey would literally cut off all circulation in my body:pac:

• Administrators Posts: 53,732 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

I want one of the Ulster jerseys but I'm not sure if we're getting a new one next season or not. I prefer slim fitting clothes, and at 6'4" and about 10 stone then any normal rugby jersey is going to cause me problems on windy days. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭ulster_Beef

I once got a SA jersey, not sure if it was last years or what, it was pretty resent and was made from that Lycra type stuff, rather than the old cotton type Ireland CCC jersey of 4+ years ago.... it was tight all right and a large as well. Im not the best built person either. Rugby Jerseys are a weird thing. The Ulster top i take a small in but yet that SA jersey I coulda done with XL

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭PaulyBolger

Leinster will definitely have a new kit next season, they change it every 2 years and the 2 years is up on the current jersey.

The boks one will be the same as it always is - green!

i think this new jersey looks like the birthchild of the past two CCC designs - the white stretchy material around the neck from the 09 jersey combined with the shape of the last jersey, wouldn't suprise me if they go back to the old test material as it fits better and is not as restricting for the player ( my club team has them, feel like you're wearing a base layer!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,143 ✭✭✭locum-motion

...and at 6'4" and about 10 stone then any normal rugby jersey is going to cause me problems on windy days. :pac:

I'd imagine windy days cause you trouble no matter what you're wearing!

• Advertisement

Does anyone know where I can buy tight fitting jerseys, most jerseys are replicas and I would love one of the tight fitting ones.

Test jerseys on Rugbystore.co.uk

Test jerseys on Lovell Rugby

Leinster are keeping the H Cup jersey for next year but will change the home and away I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,760 ✭✭✭Theta

251639-130405-wallaby.jpg

Barnes looks like Dirk Diggler

Theta wrote: »

Finally a wallabies jersey i actually like.
    the only other one i liked was the canterbury one they used to have.

Finally a wallabies jersey i actually like.
    the only other one i liked was the canterbury one they used to have.

The last one is really nice.

Bad news if you like this one. It's going to be expensive as heck as is anything coming out of OZ. £80 for the replica version. No word if there is a player/test version that I've heard.

Morf wrote: »
    The last one is really nice.

Bad news if you like this one. It's going to be expensive as heck as is anything coming out of OZ. £80 for the replica version. No word if there is a player/test version that I've heard.

i know they're ridiculous.

i might just buy some of the player fits that are being reduced... seen cardiff blues, ireland (black) and SA player fit for all around £40

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,152 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

Theta wrote: »

This pic could also double as an anti racism or anti anti social behaviour ad!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭Thud

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭Hersheys

Thud wrote: »
    My eyes. They bleed. And that's coming from someone who owns a Stade jersey!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,502 ✭✭✭chris85

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭Faker74

I'm all for trying something a bit different in the jersey designs, but those England 7's jerseys are atrocious.

As for buying player/test fit jerseys I'd seriously recommend trying them on in-store before ordering one online because they can vary greatly from the replica tops, and also by manufacturer.

I have jerseys by ISC, Canterbury, and Puma, then in replica and test fits and they are all different sizes.

Advertisement