Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2013/2014 Rugby Jerseys thread

Options

Comments

• Administrators Posts: 53,732 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

classic%20home.jpg

Not sure which I dislike more, the home or the classic home.

I like the white one though. Straight 'strings' make a big difference.

The guys with beer guts will love that one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,374 ✭✭✭Eponymous

awec wrote: »
    The guys with beer guts will love that one.
    It's relaxed muscle, if you don't mind!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,776 ✭✭✭Noopti

Away version is much nicer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,664 ✭✭✭sid waddell

This is Leinster's best kit for quite a while. I'm not a fan of wavy stripes across jerseys but these ones aren't nearly as bad as the harp or the splash of vomit across the front in recent years and the shade of blue is the traditional Leinster one.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,229 ✭✭✭✭Buer

If I didn't look like Casper when he's under the weather, I'd buy the white one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,761 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

Buer wrote: »
    If I didn't look like Casper when he's under the weather, I'd buy the white one.

This.

Got one at lunch there. I quite like the home one tbh. The away one is even nicer than in the pics but due to a skin pigmentation issue, i.e. being Irish, I'm not able to wear it. The only real issue is the neck size, which is a bit on the tight size. You wouldn't want to have a big head for your body!

I mailed the Ulster Kukri ones this morning asking about our kit and what's the craic with it.

No reply yet, I've always found them to be pretty slow replying but will fire it up here when I find out.

molloyjh wrote: »
    This.

Got one at lunch there. I quite like the home one tbh. The away one is even nicer than in the pics but due to a skin pigmentation issue, i.e. being Irish, I'm not able to wear it. The only real issue is the neck size, which is a bit on the tight size. You wouldn't want to have a big head for your body!

You need a bottle of this:

Ambre_Solaire_Tan.jpg

You need a bottle of this:

Ambre_Solaire_Tan.jpg

That's bleedin' racial stereotyping that is! Just cos I'm from Dublin doesn't make me a bleedin' D4 head bud...... :D

That's bleedin' racial stereotyping that is! Just cos I'm from Dublin doesn't make me a bleedin' D4 head bud...... :D

5 minutes in the morning and you'd be grand, able to wear that white top no bother!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,229 ✭✭✭✭Buer

Ah, the Ulster fans. The one province where the lads spend more time on their hair than the women. :)

Buer wrote: »
    Ah, the Ulster fans. The one province where the lads spend more time on their hair than the women. :)

Aye, cause Leinster fans get their butlers to do their hair for them. :p

Aye, cause Leinster fans get their butlers to do their hair for them. :p

Touché.

Now where is that good for nothing old fart.....Godfrey, Godfrey I have a job for you....

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

Touché.

Now where is that good for nothing old fart.....Godfrey, Godfrey I have a job for you....

Leinster Fan: I have to go. But if I find one single dog hair when I get back, I'll rub...sand...in your dead little eyes.
    Woodhouse: Very good, sir.
    Leinster Fan: [pause] I also need you to go buy sand.
    Woodhouse: Yes, sir.
    Leinster Fan: I don't know if they grade it, but... coarse.

Archer_03.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

nc6000 wrote: »
    [/IMG]

BQFqkZiCQAII7nF.jpg

Oh when the Spurs
    Oh when the Spurs
    Oh when the Spurs go marching in
    I want to be in that number
    When the Spurs go marching in

:P

• Registered Users Posts: 23,979 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Can't chat, my man's arrived

patrick6.jpg

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

You could always borrow DOC's sunbed!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭prospect

You could always borrow DOC's sunbed!

I'd say you'd have to fight Looooooooooooouke for it though.

Larbre34 wrote: »
    Can't chat, my man's arrived

patrick6.jpg

We're still talking butlers, right?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,979 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

We're still talking butlers, right?

I prefer valet, as he chauffeurs as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭RoutineBites

New Leinster jerseys minus the models. Reckon they look decent enough this way.

1374052402-87109100.jpg

1374829856-49224700.jpg

Got caught in the storm in town today so decided to have a look at them in the flesh, have to say I liked how they looked so I went and bought one of each :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,415 ✭✭✭Swiwi.

Stade Français

130628_maillot_z-z.jpg

This is great. The new Leinster jerseys aren't bad, but I don't like the way BOI has to dominate it. I guess you have to oblige the sponsors.

Edit: the SF alt strip is also not bad

watermarked_thumbnail.aspx?img=37505&photoNum=1&t=I&catalog=Rugby&w=300&h=300

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

Just noticed the Leinster test jersey is different than the normal jersey and the jersey in the model shots. The collar is different...

A few slight differences between the home and away kits.

The stripes and BOI logos are 'printed on' the home kit whereas they are part of the fabric on the away kit.

Also it seems rather than www.leinsterrugby.com, the new kits have @leinsterrugby on the back collars

• Registered Users Posts: 6,673 ✭✭✭eire4

1374052402-87109100.jpg

1374829856-49224700.jpg

An improvement for me on last seasons home and away tops which I really didn't like. I will probably buy the away top myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,822 ✭✭✭Morf

1374052402-87109100.jpg

1374829856-49224700.jpg

Both the test versions, you can tell by the sleeves. Nicer than the pro model I'd say but I usually buy the test versions of jerseys anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

Does 'test ' mean the jerseys the players wear? I notice the above home jersey has a different collar than the one the players wear in the promo shots.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,822 ✭✭✭Morf

.ak wrote: »
    Does 'test ' mean the jerseys the players wear? I notice the above home jersey has a different collar than the one the players wear in the promo shots.

JustinDee when he was here said the test version of the Irish jersey wasn't really much like the actual jerseys the players wore so I'm not entirely sure if the same goes for the Leinster jerseys.

The test jersey I got in 2008 in the tin had the tag-line "the same as the players wear" but they haven't used any marketing ploys like that since.

They are a tighter fit and a different kind of fabric and the thick sleeve seems are different (possibly the neck too, I didn't look too closely at that when I saw it in person today) but I honestly can't tell you if they are identical to what the players wear.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,221 ✭✭✭Ugo Monye spacecraft experience

That white jersey is lovely. I'd nearly buy it....

Advertisement