Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2013/2014 Rugby Jerseys thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,822 ✭✭✭Morf

Is the new Wallabies jersey on sale in Dublin?

I quite like the look of it but I'd like to see it in person.

• Administrators Posts: 53,732 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Morf wrote: »
    JustinDee when he was here said the test version of the Irish jersey wasn't really much like the actual jerseys the players wore so I'm not entirely sure if the same goes for the Leinster jerseys.

The test jersey I got in 2008 in the tin had the tag-line "the same as the players wear" but they haven't used any marketing ploys like that since.

They are a tighter fit and a different kind of fabric and the thick sleeve seems are different (possibly the neck too, I didn't look too closely at that when I saw it in person today) but I honestly can't tell you if they are identical to what the players wear.

When you say tighter fit, do you mean actually skin tight? Like, will they be skin tight on someone who isn't built like a tank?

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭Some Yoke

The new leinster jerseys look like subliminal advertising for Mach 3 razors or something with those lines

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

awec wrote: »
    When you say tighter fit, do you mean actually skin tight? Like, will they be skin tight on someone who isn't built like a tank?

You might want to look into this model, awec
    Tour+de+France+2009+Stage+Three+at-UEpQ24R_l.jpg

• Administrators Posts: 53,732 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

You might want to look into this model, awec
    Tour+de+France+2009+Stage+Three+at-UEpQ24R_l.jpg

I do cycle myself, well accustomed to wearing tight lycra. :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,822 ✭✭✭Morf

Depends on your build really. If you were very slim it might still be a bit loose on you but it is tighter and more elastic kind of material than the pro jersey.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,761 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

I wouldn't exactly be a big fella by any stretch, but the OH did get me one of the Leinster training jerseys a couple of years ago that weren't on public sale and I've worn it a few times. The phrase "wet suit" has been used.

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭DerTierarzt

Lot of things pointing towards BLK perhaps taking the mantle from outgoing Puma for the Ireland contract. Their southern hemisphere stuff is fairly good (Brumbies and Rebels), they also supply Edinburgh and have branched into Connacht (pity, they were onto a good thing with last season's jerseys).

UReb3a-Jer-Lions-Fr-300.jpgphoto2.JPG

International-wise, they supply Fiji and Samoa.

13455.jpg16552.jpg

Only thing I'll say is, they seem fairly decal-happy, it'd be fairly hilarious if they were to wrap a shamrock motif around the side of the jersey or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭LeeroyJones

I would be quite upset if BLK took the Ireland contract

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,221 ✭✭✭Ugo Monye spacecraft experience

Do not like those jerseys at all. Really tacky looking

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,756 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

I think they're great jerseys tbh. Don't think the Irish one would be as mad as those though, it'll be simple.

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭DerTierarzt

Keatley tweeted Munster's new training gear, not half bad!

BQMWAkwCcAAtfaL.jpg:large

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

Bloody hell, swap the Stag for the Harp and that would be a very acceptable Leinster home/away combo

P_1 wrote: »
    Bloody hell, swap the Stag for the Harp and that would be a very acceptable Leinster home/away combo

???? I'm half blind from that picture!

molloyjh wrote: »
    ???? I'm half blind from that picture!

Ah I think it would be a nice throwback to one of Leinster's better away jerseys while also keeping the morkeshing people's knickers firmly untwisted.
    3OwoT.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,673 ✭✭✭eire4

I would be quite upset if BLK took the Ireland contract

I am with you there. Those BLK tops are horrific. No chance I would be buying an Ireland top if they are made by BLK based on those examples.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,340 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

The brumbies jersey is nice rest are gank I'm sure that in the unlikely event they get the irfu gig they will have input from irfu regards design. The navy Munster training top is nice but the yellow one is a bit much.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭Ginny

P_1 wrote: »
    Very similar to a training jersey from a few seasons ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,257 ✭✭✭Hagz

? I never saw that in action ?

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

Hagz wrote: »
    ? I never saw that in action ?

Was a training jersey. Limited sale I think too.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,257 ✭✭✭Hagz

Yeh but I don't remember seeing the players training in it ever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭decisions

I think the academy used it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭desertcircus

Have that one myself. At the Munster game in 2011 in Lansdowne, some kid in the same jersey asked if he could get a picture with me because I was the only other person he'd ever seen in it.

Yeah they sold them for a good while in the Leinster store, but it was rare you'd see them anywhere else. The wife got me one because they're pretty much the Wasps colours too and we've a few Wasps mates so she reckoned I get the use out of it. Think I've worn it all of twice. It's not a bad jersey at all though.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

Saw a few pics of Heinke, JH and Leo A wearing them before.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,637 ✭✭✭CoDy1

Cardiff Away.

Canterbury loving the stripes this season!

Cardiff-Blues-Away-Kit-2013-14.jpeg

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭Ginny

molloyjh wrote: »
    Yeah they sold them for a good while in the Leinster store, but it was rare you'd see them anywhere else. The wife got me one because they're pretty much the Wasps colours too and we've a few Wasps mates so she reckoned I get the use out of it. Think I've worn it all of twice. It's not a bad jersey at all though.
    Yeah got one myself, I remember seeing the Kearneys in them a good bit, saw a lovely training jersey this morning, not on website though. It's the same blue as the new jersey, no stupid stripes though.
    Looks like this but in the dri-fit with Bank of Ireland on the front.
    bluetraining%20tee.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 21,253 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

Are Leinster doing a new HEC jersey this year? You can normally rely on them to be less putrid than the normal ones.

Love the new Stade jerseys.

CoDy1 wrote: »
    Cardiff Away.

Canterbury loving the stripes this season!

Cardiff-Blues-Away-Kit-2013-14.jpeg

I wonder if each vertical stripe is meant to represent an individual valley :P

• Advertisement

Eoin wrote: »
    Are Leinster doing a new HEC jersey this year? You can normally rely on them to be less putrid than the normal ones.

Love the new Stade jerseys.

No they seem to be alternating the release of jerseys. The home and away one year, the European the next.

Ginny - did you see that in a shop or in training pics?

Advertisement