Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2013/2014 Rugby Jerseys thread

Options

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭Ginny

Saw it in person, I work beside HQ so I'll see if I can get a goo at it again, only saw Ross in it in passing this morning.
    Ack I could be wrong, although the one Ross was wearing looked like it was shiny.
    775692.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,673 ✭✭✭eire4

Eoin wrote: »
    Are Leinster doing a new HEC jersey this year? You can normally rely on them to be less putrid than the normal ones.

Love the new Stade jerseys.

No I believe the HEC jersey will be the same this season as last season. Good news as far as I am concerned as it's probably my favorite Leinster jersey.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

Ginny wrote: »
    Saw it in person, I work beside HQ so I'll see if I can get a goo at it again, only saw Ross in it in passing this morning.
    Ack I could be wrong, although the one Ross was wearing looked like it was shiny.
    775692.jpg

Ah yeah, all the t-shirts that are available to the public have the BOI logo on them for the players. Must be part of the BOI contract.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,257 ✭✭✭Hagz

Pic of Rhys Ruddock wearing the away jersey. I think it works better with navy shorts. Wouldn't be surprised if that's what they go with.

775737.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,668 ✭✭✭Mahatma Geansai

Hagz wrote: »
    Pic of Rhys Ruddock wearing the away jersey. I think it works better with navy shorts. Wouldn't be surprised if that's what they go with.

The kits would look much better if they swapped around the shorts alright.

• Advertisement

Rhys is just getting bigger and bigger...

Actually, I quite like the away jersey now that I've seen it on somebody.... Might pick it up, don't have any alt jerseys.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,402 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

The kid looks absolutely chuffed :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,221 ✭✭✭Ugo Monye spacecraft experience

Stephan Cluxton engaging with another human being, jaysus

Stephan Cluxton engaging with another human being, jaysus

Believe it or not, he's actually a sound bloke :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭prospect

What event was that photo taken at? I'm curious, because Kildare were knocked out of the Senior football before Leinster launched that kit?

prospect wrote: »
    What event was that photo taken at? I'm curious, because Kildare were knocked out of the Senior football before Leinster launched that kit?

It was a photo-shoot to promote this.
    http://www.templestreet.ie/our-events/100013.html

prospect wrote: »

Today it seems. It was the launch of 'Support Your Colours Ball', a charity event to raise funds for Temple Street.

http://www.leinsterrugby.ie/news/10100.php#.Ufgt3Y3vuQ4

• Registered Users Posts: 1,374 ✭✭✭Eponymous

Say what you like about the leinster strip and how it looks with white or blue shorts, at least you don't have to wear jeans with it like those lads from Armagh. Must chafe something terrible!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭LostArt

.ak wrote: »
    Actually, I quite like the away jersey now that I've seen it on somebody.... Might pick it up, don't have any alt jerseys.

If you do be warned, they are fairly tight fitting. Mine is definitely tighter than the european jersey

• Registered Users Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭prospect

LostArt wrote: »
    If you do be warned, they are fairly tight fitting. Mine is definitely tighter than the european jersey

Feck, I hate really tight fitting tops. When my ripped abs are on show I can go nowhere without women harassing me. :mad:

I prefer tight jerseys to baggy ones, defo. But not wet-suit tight!

• Registered Users Posts: 24,761 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

I prefer tight jerseys to baggy ones, defo. But not wet-suit tight!

I'd say the test ones are wet suit tight, but the pro ones aren't too bad. They're more fitted than tight I'd say.

• Administrators Posts: 53,732 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Fitted is the way forward. None of this parachute nonsense.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,979 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

The Macron for Ireland! campaign starts here........

Scotland 13/14 Home...

New-Scotland-Rugby-Shirt-2013-14.jpg

• Advertisement

Lovely. I like the white collar that's not really a collar (I think) like the Lions had. Similar to the way New Zealand have it. It looks old school.

I actually didn't like the fake collar thing on the lions jersey. But yeh, that's a preference thing and I can see what they're trying to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭DerTierarzt

Apart from the now outdated Toyota sponsor, this navy camouflage alternative jersey could be it.

38105518_zt.jpg

Looks good, grey or silver lettering on the Bank of Ireland sponsor would be good.

Pretty cool how they incorporated the province into the camouflage.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,229 ✭✭✭✭Buer

Scotland jersey has gone very traditional. Looks very similar to the jersey they wore back in the mid 80s (slightly less baggy). Very nice.

You think someone would have told Hogg to take off his big shiny watch for the shoot though.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,761 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

Apart from the now outdated Toyota sponsor, this navy camouflage alternative jersey could be it.

38105518_zt.jpg

Looks good, grey or silver lettering on the Bank of Ireland sponsor would be good.

That is a nice jersey....

38105518_zt.jpg

That's lovely. Don't get why the Toyota logo is on it if it's available for sale tho?

That's lovely. Don't get why the Toyota logo is on it if it's available for sale tho?

Yeah, I'm not sure if they photoshopped on the wrong sponsor onto the template or what, but it makes sense that they'd swap the colour pallette (red home, navy alternate).

It's quite nice. Although I'd've been partial to some red on the shoulder area - similar to a reversal of the quite nice 2013-14 home jersey:

POC_adidasMunster13.14.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 23,979 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Collectors Item, buy now!!

Its a nice strip alright, the hidden detail graphic is great - thats how you represent a province without using a modified coca-cola wave!! Probably works better for Munster though because of the recognisable Cork and Kerry peninsulas, dont think a map of Leinster in isolation would get that recognition. I had hoped the Leinster gear would shift the big harp from previous strip into hidden detail on the midriff and keep the primary colour simple. Oh well!

• Advertisement

Larbre34 wrote: »
    Collectors Item, buy now!!

Its a nice strip alright, the hidden detail graphic is great - thats how you represent a province without using a modified coca-cola wave!! Probably works better for Munster though because of the recognisable Cork and Kerry peninsulas, dont think a map of Leinster in isolation would get that recognition. I had hoped the Leinster gear would shift the big harp from previous strip into hidden detail on the midriff and keep the primary colour simple. Oh well!

By my reckoning, probably be employed against Gloucester, Scarlets and Perpignan. Quite nice how they incorporated the map. Good jersey. Be nice to see how the Bank of Ireland logo is coloured.

Advertisement