Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2013/2014 Rugby Jerseys thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

Hrmm, they're growing on me....

265235.jpg

• Subscribers Posts: 16,582 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

They look grand in pics like that when the stripes are all hidden!

• Registered Users Posts: 906 ✭✭✭Bassfish

The Leinster Jerseys are actually nice enough, it's the same colour shorts that ruins the kit and makes it look like Chelsea gear. Swap the shorts between the kits, problem solved.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,668 ✭✭✭Mahatma Geansai

Apart from the now outdated Toyota sponsor, this navy camouflage alternative jersey could be it.

Looks good, grey or silver lettering on the Bank of Ireland sponsor would be good.

I'd be very happy with that. Nice home shirt, and a more interesting/gimmicky away shirt is the right way to do things imo. Adidas really make the best shirts.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,979 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

You'd have to imagine a certain company will be very keen to seek the Irish kit contract

ONeills.jpgcork_constitution_rugby_jersey.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭DerTierarzt

Apart from the now outdated Toyota sponsor, this navy camouflage alternative jersey could be it.

38105518_zt.jpg

Looks good, grey or silver lettering on the Bank of Ireland sponsor would be good.

They've now removed it from the site.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,668 ✭✭✭Mahatma Geansai

They've now removed it from the site.

Good sign.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,106 ✭✭✭andrewdcs

prospect wrote: »
    Feck, I hate really tight fitting tops. When my ripped abs are on show I can go nowhere without women harassing me. :mad:

We're not objects ffs!

I really, REALLY don't like the new leinster jeresy, but then I am notoriously unfashionable.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,448 ✭✭✭Garseys

Larbre34 wrote: »
    You'd have to imagine a certain company will be very keen to seek the Irish kit contract

O'Neills do a fair bit of rugby kit. It would be good to see an Irish company get the contract.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭decisions

Ospreys

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

decisions wrote: »
    Ospreys

Have to admit that's fairly decent

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭decisions

Dragons
    Gilbert-Newport-Gwent-Dragons-Jersey-2014.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,221 ✭✭✭Ugo Monye spacecraft experience

decisions wrote: »
    Dragons
    Gilbert-Newport-Gwent-Dragons-Jersey-2014.jpg

Looks like a bad 5 a side soccer jersey

• Registered Users Posts: 23,979 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

P_1 wrote: »
    Have to admit that's fairly decent

I was going to say 'you cant go wrong' but they have for the last 10 years straight..... Are they white, black, blue, green, purple??

• Registered Users Posts: 967 ✭✭✭Anatidaephobia

Those Dragons kits are absolutely hideous.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,673 ✭✭✭eire4

Larbre34 wrote: »

ONeills.jpgcork_constitution_rugby_jersey.jpg

Do you think they would have enough money to get that contract? I wouldn't have thought so myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭*Hank Scorpio*

Just how many BOI logos are on the Leinster jersey?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

Not too sure if that away kit is 'away' enough to be honest

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,402 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

I really don't like all the BoI logos on the Leinster jerseys.

I just counted them on my 2012/2013 jersey and bloody hell, there's 6 of them! A large one on the chest, another one on the back, small one on each sleeve and each collar, same this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Depp

i dunno i like em anyway...yeah the away one is way to similar aaite, be a clash still if they were playin the ospreys for instance...still a nice kit though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,822 ✭✭✭Morf

The same as there has been the last 2 home jerseys at least, if not more.

I wonder why this has sudden become an issue.

Perhaps I should stop reading rugby forums until the second weekend in September.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,362 ✭✭✭Trotter

What's the release date for the Munster training gear? I really hope adidas release a normal clima cotton tshirt like they did with the lions. Last time around they only released the clingy type and that's grand if you're built for the nightclub or front row but I'm neither :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 152 ✭✭seanm92

Garseys wrote: »
    O'Neills do a fair bit of rugby kit. It would be good to see an Irish company get the contract.

Thankfully IMO there's no way O'Neills could afford the Irish contract!

• Registered Users Posts: 24,761 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

Morf wrote: »
    The same as there has been the last 2 home jerseys at least, if not more.

I wonder why this has sudden become an issue.

Perhaps I should stop reading rugby forums until the second weekend in September.

The 07/08 & 08/09 jersey was the same too. It's been like that for quite a while now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Deano7788

Trotter wrote: »
    What's the release date for the Munster training gear? I really hope adidas release a normal clima cotton tshirt like they did with the lions. Last time around they only released the clingy type and that's grand if you're built for the nightclub or front row but I'm neither :)

The full range is available from the 23rd.

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭DerTierarzt

Deano7788 wrote: »
    The full range is available from the 23rd.

They'll be revealing the alternative 2013-14 Munster jersey on the 6th of August (this coming Tuesday).

• Registered Users Posts: 13,103 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

Was in the Leinster Store earlier on and being a traditionalist I went for this one. It looks tidier in the flesh and it will be a sleeper IMO

17968.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 11,340 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

Was in the Leinster Store earlier on and being a traditionalist I went for this one. It looks tidier in the flesh and it will be a sleeper IMO

17968.jpg

yeah got that too its nice although people are right about the amount of BOI logos on it, its a bit much.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

The 4 stripes on that one represent the 4 extra BOI logos that they could have added on to the jersey but chose not to.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,822 ✭✭✭Morf

salmocab wrote: »
    Yeah got that too it's nice although people are right about the amount of BOI logos on it, it's a bit the same.

I fixed that for you.

Advertisement