Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2013/2014 Rugby Jerseys thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

I tried on the white alternative Leinster jersey today. Have to say it's the best fitting fan jersey I've ever worn. Apart from the stupid v-neck design it fits like a glove, which I understand some people don't like, but I hate baggy jerseys so I reckon I'll pick one up.

It seems Leinster were the only team to keep the v-neck style jersey from canterbury. Was looking at a load of other jerseys like the USA or Leicester one, and they've all 'filled' the v-neck in so it's a round neck. Way more comfy too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,257 ✭✭✭Hagz

Leicester have the same neck as ours.

So they do. I could've sworn it was filled in like USAs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭decisions

.ak wrote: »
    I tried on the white alternative Leinster jersey today. Have to say it's the best fitting fan jersey I've ever worn. Apart from the stupid v-neck design it fits like a glove, which I understand some people don't like, but I hate baggy jerseys so I reckon I'll pick one up.

It seems Leinster were the only team to keep the v-neck style jersey from canterbury. Was looking at a load of other jerseys like the USA or Leicester one, and they've all 'filled' the v-neck in so it's a round neck. Way more comfy too.
    The cut of the ladies jersey is very nice too, it still has the stupid 3/4 sleeves but it suits me a lot better than last year. I have to admit I'm very tempted to get it.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭Ginny

:rolleyes:
    decisions wrote: »
    Dragons
    Gilbert-Newport-Gwent-Dragons-Jersey-2014.jpg
    Jesus they're an awful fit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,637 ✭✭✭CoDy1

'Quins 2013/14
    New-Harlequins-Rugby-Kit-2013-14.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 23,979 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Not much you can do to mess up a Quins jersey, lucky for them.....

• Registered Users Posts: 10,071 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

How the feck did Dragons manage to make a jersey that is Black and Blue (my 2 fav colours) looks so fecking horrible!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,415 ✭✭✭Swiwi.

decisions wrote: »
    The cut of the ladies jersey is very nice too, it still has the stupid 3/4 sleeves but it suits me a lot better than last year. I have to admit I'm very tempted to get it.

I'm assuming you're of the female persuasion, so :pac:

LOL, one of my kids, despite being born in NZ, is getting a real Dublin accent...at this rate, Leinster shirt (Little Miss version) will have to be in the Xmas stocking...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭dub_skav

I've had a number of Leinster jerseys over the past few years (generous gifts :)), but I think a lot of people didn't like the harp shenanigans, so probably hadn't gotten a jersey for a good few years.
    That might explain the comments about the BOI logos, though if I remember correctly the last cotton one had the same number of logos - didn't it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭LostArt

the logo's have been there for at least 5 years by my count, probably longer

• Registered Users Posts: 23,979 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Leinster arent bad by comparison, the return of BOI to Munster has resulted in some massive logos all over their training and leisure gear. And theyre in white on top of the grey and red, which looks muck, and for some reason theyre off centre and totally random looking. At his captaincy announcement, POM had logos on his collar which defied physics by actually being bigger than the collar......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,221 ✭✭✭Ugo Monye spacecraft experience

Larbre34 wrote: »
    Leinster arent bad by comparison, the return of BOI to Munster has resulted in some massive logos all over their training and leisure gear. And theyre in white on top of the grey and red, which looks muck, and for some reason theyre off centre and totally random looking. At his captaincy announcement, POM had logos on his collar which defied physics by actually being bigger than the collar......

Off centre?! Haven't seen any pics of Munster jerseys with off centre logos

I actually think our gear is a good bit nicer than Leinsters

• Registered Users Posts: 6,320 ✭✭✭Teferi

+1. I like the Leinster training tops but the Munster match jerseys are a lot nicer.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,049 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

Larbre34 wrote: »

Toyota was all over the leisure gear that the players wore too, but replica gear was clean. I expect it to be the same when the new range is released.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,761 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

LostArt wrote: »
    the logo's have been there for at least 5 years by my count, probably longer

It certainly goes back to the Bank of Scotland days anyway....

DArcyLeinster-PA.jpg

I thought so too... now I'm leaning towards the Leinster gear. The jerseys have a lovely fit, and the more I see the test jersey on the players the more I like it.

The shoulder pad thingy is the only thing holding back the Munster jersey from being perfect tho.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,257 ✭✭✭Hagz

I think it's this he's referring to. AFAIK it's only the off-pitch gear that has this logo placement. i.e. none of the training jerseys do.

INPHO_00724341.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 24,761 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

I have to say I really like some of the other Canterbury jerseys that are available. Straight forward but very nice.

http://www.canterbury.com/challenge-jersey-sky-p12805
    51xuEJeMWUL._SX385_.jpg

http://www.canterbury.com/hooped-challenge-jersey-navy-white-p17582
    get_image.aspx?domain=rugbyimports.com&image_guid=fa7e6bfb-d893-4ed2-a125-512508bc7e99&size=1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

Munster alternate jersey looking very Leinster-esque! Between the blue and the BoI logo...I like it lots ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭AndonHandon

athtrasna wrote: »
    Munster alternate jersey looking very Leinster-esque! Between the blue and the BoI logo...I like it lots ;)

Combine that with the ex-Leinater contingent there and it becomes apparent what their strategy is to upgrade the dated outfit.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,637 ✭✭✭CoDy1

BRNAueiCAAIt044.jpg:large

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭Thud

CoDy1 wrote: »
    BRNAueiCAAIt044.jpg:large

looks a bit like this
    PDR007001928.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭finatron

athtrasna wrote: »

Or are Leinster jerseys looking munster-esque. Munster had a blue BOI jersey in 02/03 Leinster had a BOS logo then

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,415 ✭✭✭Swiwi.

.ak wrote: »

Just popped into a sports store to have a squiz, and I agree I'm not that enamoured of the V-neck. But it otherwise looks not too bad in the flesh as it were.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,407 ✭✭✭✭justsomebloke

So I get to show off my beer gut AND hairy chest. This jersey gets better and better:D

• Administrators Posts: 53,732 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

So I get to show off my beer gut AND hairy chest. This jersey gets better and better:D

You'll need to get that growler waxed mate.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,447 ✭✭✭evil_seed

j2cu4uj.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 625 ✭✭✭theKramer

Ye always have class designs every year :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭cunavalos

Connacht Home
    Website_splash_01.jpg

and Away
    Website_splash_02.jpg

Have to admit i quite like both.

Advertisement