Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2013/2014 Rugby Jerseys thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,340 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

Nice Connacht jerseys and the Munster away looks nice too but would like to see it in the flesh not the artistic press release

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,257 ✭✭✭Hagz

The Heineken Cup jersey will be unveiled next week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

Does Ulster have a blue/blue & white one too? There's a bit of a trend here ;)

• Administrators Posts: 53,732 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

athtrasna wrote: »
    Does Ulster have a blue/blue & white one too? There's a bit of a trend here ;)

No, our 2nd kit is black and there is a red one too somewhere that we hardly ever wear.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

The Connacht home jersey is very nice indeed. The Mazda logo fits in well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,447 ✭✭✭evil_seed

awec wrote: »
    No, our 2nd kit is black and there is a red one too somewhere that we hardly ever wear.

Let us not forget that blue and white is the actual colour of the Connacht provincial flag

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

evil_seed wrote: »
    j2cu4uj.jpg

That right there is a thing of beauty.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭AndonHandon

.ak wrote: »

It looks like a nice Peugeot. That's about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,761 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

Anyone tried on the new Ireland jersey? Tries one there yesterday and its a God awful fit. I've no idea how they can keep making such a total balls of the jerseys!

I'm hoping BLK get the contract now!

• Advertisement
  • Administrators Posts: 53,732 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

molloyjh wrote: »
    Anyone tried on the new Ireland jersey? Tries one there yesterday and its a God awful fit. I've no idea how they can keep making such a total balls of the jerseys!

Too tight?

awec wrote: »
    Too tight?

No, the fit is just really strange. It feels like its being pulled down at the back. Around the stomach is quite loose while the chest is tight. The whole thing just feels wrong on.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

I don't know, it looks a little tight and plastic like, can imagine it being a strange fit.

razorblunt wrote: »
    I don't know, it looks a little tight and plastic like, can imagine it being a strange fit.

Suppose to each their own, but I think it's a lovely design. Nicest of all the Irish jerseys anyway. Looks a good fit on the player pics.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

Its really hard to say with these things until you see the fit and the material. Haven't seen any of the new irish jerseys myself.

Although according to a friend the leinster jerseys are selling at a rate he's never seen before.

Its really hard to say with these things until you see the fit and the material. Haven't seen any of the new irish jerseys myself.

Although according to a friend the leinster jerseys are selling at a rate he's never seen before.

Have to say the Leinster jersey is the nicest fitting jersey I've ever worn. It's straight, not baggy, and is tight around the chest/arms so it fits real nice. I'm buying one and I don't even really like the design, it's just by far the best fitting 'fan' jersey I've ever worn.

Have to say the Leinster jersey is the nicest fitting jersey I've ever worn. It's straight, not baggy, and is tight around the chest/arms so it fits real nice. I'm buying one and I don't even really like the design, it's just by far the best fitting 'fan' jersey I've ever worn.

Yeah the fit is excellent. It's really comfortable. Can't remember when I last said that about a jersey.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭LostArt

molloyjh wrote: »

tried it on even though i've no interest in buying it, it is quite simply the worst fitting jersey ever. The fit around the arms is loose, it's way too tight on my chest and loose around the stomach

• Registered Users Posts: 5,143 ✭✭✭locum-motion

LostArt wrote: »
    tried it on even though i've no interest in buying it, it is quite simply the worst fitting jersey ever. The fit around the arms is loose, it's way too tight on my chest and loose around the stomach

You need to start drinking beer!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,415 ✭✭✭Swiwi.

Here is the NZ Maori jersey. I think it's cool that they've incorporated Maori designs. Too much noise with the AIG logo though. What think ye?

watermarked_thumbnail.aspx?img=70318&photoNum=1&t=I&catalog=Rugby&w=600&h=600

• Advertisement

That's lovely. Altho I'm just not a fan of these shoulder-patches Adidas are using.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,415 ✭✭✭Swiwi.

That's lovely. Altho I'm just not a fan of these shoulder-patches Adidas are using.

Yeah I quite like the 3 stripes on the shoulders, but I agree the patches are a bit "80s".

We're all like old ladies discussing knitting patterns over a cup of tea and piece of shortbread at the moment.

At least there is the Rugby Championship this coming weekend, but otherwise the silly season continues in the North!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,363 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

Not 2013/14 jersey but I know there are a few Clermont-heads here.

http://www.lovell-rugby.co.uk/Rugby-Shirts/Under-Armour/Clermont-Auvergne-2011-or-12-S-or-S-Home-Rugby-Pro-Shirt

11/12 Jersey (no sponsor) for £20 + shipping. They aren't exactly common to see in the shops.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,979 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

It certainly is silly season, turned over to the middle of highlights of Gloucester v Falcons last night on ITV, took me a good 5 minutes to cop it was a 7's game....

• Registered Users Posts: 23,979 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Jersey_Lineup13.14_Web.jpg

Theres a bit of an unfinished look to the shoulders of that. Mind you thats the least of Earlsies problems....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭LostArt

not enough boi logo's for my liking

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,221 ✭✭✭Ugo Monye spacecraft experience

Larbre34 wrote: »
    Jersey_Lineup13.14_Web.jpg

Theres a bit of an unfinished look to the shoulders of that. Mind you thats the least of Earlsies problems....

What problems does Earls have? Other than being in the middle of a fairly unfortunate sandwich in that photo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,221 ✭✭✭Ugo Monye spacecraft experience

also, Zebo and Murray have a very glazed over look on their eyes, as if they've seen "things"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,906 ✭✭✭jamiedav2011

What problems does Earls have? Other than being in the middle of a fairly unfortunate sandwich in that photo

I'd say Keef is slightly worried that his shadow seems to be Andrew Conway!

• Advertisement

Something really creepy about that pic. Looks like something from the Dark Crystal or some other trippy Frank Oz movie.

Advertisement