Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2013/2014 Rugby Jerseys thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 659 ✭✭✭ToadVine

What problems does Earls have? Other than being in the middle of a fairly unfortunate sandwich in that photo

I see what you did there

(I think ...)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,221 ✭✭✭Ugo Monye spacecraft experience

ToadVine wrote: »
    I see what you did there

(I think ...)

Yes, yes you did ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 659 ✭✭✭ToadVine

Lads ... slightly O/T, but I'm looking for the All Blacks 12/13 Alternate Rugby Jersey (white)... the last one without the AIG logo.

34506.jpg

The only place I can find it is here http://www.worldrugbyshop.com/34506.html

Has anyone bought from worldrugbyshop before? Can anyone suggest anywhere else I can get this jersey?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,979 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

What problems does Earls have? Other than being in the middle of a fairly unfortunate sandwich in that photo

Eh, that problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Thekidneybean

New connacht jersey isn't great imo,can't figure out how to get the picture up on this damn blackberry.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

New connacht jersey isn't great imo,can't figure out how to get the picture up on this damn blackberry.

It's already been posted.

Must be a bit of a marmite jersey... I love it!

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Thekidneybean

.ak wrote: »
    It's already been posted.

Must be a bit of a marmite jersey... I love it!

Sorry didn't see it.
    Wait the jersey or marmite? :p

• Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭artvandelay48

Something really creepy about that pic. Looks like something from the Dark Crystal or some other trippy Frank Oz movie.

Exactly. So they erected a giant mirror on the top of some Kerry cliff and shot the photo looking away from the cliff? Makes no sense whatsoever

• Registered Users Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭Peanut Butter Jelly

Definitely prefer the Connaught away jersey. Looks classy as hell. As for the Irish jersey, the less said about the fit, the better, absolutely horrible. I remember playing with my school, we used the GAA jerseys and I found it too loose, so I wore the '09 Irish jersey a size too small underneath to get that tight fit feel. I had no effect on the parachute, but it felt better. I still wear it playing gaelic sometimes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,257 ✭✭✭Hagz

Exactly. So they erected a giant mirror on the top of some Kerry cliff and shot the photo looking away from the cliff? Makes no sense whatsoever

It's to show both the home and away jerseys. I think it's pretty cool.

• Advertisement

Sorry didn't see it.
    Wait the jersey or marmite? :p

Hmm... Both! :D

Hagz wrote: »
    It's to show both the home and away jerseys. I think it's pretty cool.

Yeah, it is cool. But maybe a bit too cool for a jersey promo shot! Just gives me the creeps. :D I'd hate to be standing on the cliffs and looking up to see POM or POC standing there like sentinels.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,882 ✭✭✭kooga

rumour canterbury are back on board with the IRFU

• Registered Users Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭dub_skav

kooga wrote: »
    rumour canterbury are back on board with the IRFU

You must be disappointed

• Registered Users Posts: 2,882 ✭✭✭kooga

dub_skav wrote: »
    You must be disappointed

gutted but still supplying the aussies :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,415 ✭✭✭Swiwi.

ToadVine wrote: »
    Lads ... slightly O/T, but I'm looking for the All Blacks 12/13 Alternate Rugby Jersey (white)... the last one without the AIG logo.

34506.jpg

The only place I can find it is here http://www.worldrugbyshop.com/34506.html

Has anyone bought from worldrugbyshop before? Can anyone suggest anywhere else I can get this jersey?

From memory I might have bought from them. Without problems. The other place you could look is my wardrobe cos I have that very jersey...

Does anyone know where to get numbers etc put on a jersey?

JD sports and Champion sports does it.

... but only if you're getting 13 on them.

... but only if you're getting 13 on them.

With a few drinks 13 & 15 are not so different...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,668 ✭✭✭Mahatma Geansai

Larbre34 wrote: »
    Jersey_Lineup13.14_Web.jpg

Theres a bit of an unfinished look to the shoulders of that. Mind you thats the least of Earlsies problems....

I still really like the look of the jersey, but the most important thing about the picture for me, are the players involved. Munster picked their most prominent players to model the new jersey. When you take POC away, its amazing that the average age of the remaining players is below 24.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 642 ✭✭✭salad dodger

Larbre34 wrote: »
    Jersey_Lineup13.14_Web.jpg

Theres a bit of an unfinished look to the shoulders of that. Mind you thats the least of Earlsies problems....

All I can think of when i see those shoulders is the old donkey jackets you'd see the ould lads in the council wearing as they'd spend the day looking into holes in the road!
    A bit like this one:
    donkey-jacket-243x300.jpg

In this picture, Earls ditches his team-mates and takes it on himself.
    Keith_AlternateJersey13_Content.jpg

Typical.

In this picture, Earls ditches his team-mates and takes it on himself.
    Keith_AlternateJersey13_Content.jpg

Typical.

I laughed, even if I think it's maybe time to give the guy a break. Perhaps Schmidt will work wonders with Keith, and we will all be voting him Irish player of the year 12 months down the line...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,636 ✭✭✭✭Tox56

I laughed, even if I think it's maybe time to give the guy a break. Perhaps Schmidt will work wonders with Keith, and we will all be voting him Irish player of the year 12 months down the line...

Maybe not the thread for it but if he works with Schmidt on adding some maturity to his game I think he could be outstanding, and he will be a massive threat if he gets the opportunity with Ireland (which isn't a given with Zebo, Bowe, Fitzgerald, Trimble, Gilroy all competing for the same position). He actually had some pretty good games for Ireland this year and was also good for Munster in Clermont

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,152 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

In fairness to Earls he needs to be playing more regularly for Munster but keeps getting injured. Last season he only started 9 games for them and the season before 10! His seasons are being interrupted and he's falling behind in both form and sharpness.

What ever about Schmidt, who won't have that much time with Earls as he's the Ireland coach not the Munster one, Earls just needs to stay fit first and everything else will come.

Even in that break against Scotland were he missed BOD on his inside, there was no one else on the team who could have exploded through the Scottish defence like that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,221 ✭✭✭Ugo Monye spacecraft experience

CatFromHue wrote: »
    In fairness to Earls he needs to be playing more regularly for Munster but keeps getting injured. Last season he only started 9 games for them and the season before 10! His seasons are being interrupted and he's falling behind in both form and sharpness.

What ever about Schmidt, who won't have that much time with Earls as he's the Ireland coach not the Munster one, Earls just needs to stay fit first and everything else will come.

Even in that break against Scotland were he missed BOD on his inside, there was no one else on the team who could have exploded through the Scottish defence like that.

This, I was absolutely amazed at the (and I don't use this word lightly!) vitriolic abuse Earls got in the wake of that game. He made a break that more or less know one else on the field that day would have had the pace to manufacture. Sure he could have done a bit better when he got in behind but some of the reaction to it online was nothing short of pathetic

One only needs to look at some of the horrible nonsense and agenda driven drivel written about Sexton, Heaslip, POM and Earls to know that childish tribalism is very much alive and well in Irish rugby circles

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,906 ✭✭✭jamiedav2011

This, I was absolutely amazed at the (and I don't use this word lightly!) vitriolic abuse Earls got in the wake of that game. He made a break that more or less know one else on the field that day would have had the pace to manufacture. Sure he could have done a bit better when he got in behind but some of the reaction to it online was nothing short of pathetic

One only needs to look at some of the horrible nonsense and agenda driven drivel written about Sexton, Heaslip, POM and Earls to know that childish tribalism is very much alive and well in Irish rugby circles

Great post.

INPHO_00726817.jpg

INPHO_00726826.jpg

The away jersey is lovely.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

INPHO_00726817.jpg

INPHO_00726826.jpg

Same trio as last year http://twitpic.com/cm3dio