Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bord Gais Energy Overcharge and no refund

Options
  • 02-04-2013 7:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 969 ✭✭✭

Hi

Was on Bord Gais Energy level pay and moved gas to Flogas.

Received a final bill that was 330 overstated, *after* direct debit had already taken place.

I spoke to Bord Gais, they would only talk to me after 5 days post the debit. Finally, Admitting their mistake, they said it would take 10 days to put money back in account. Refused to issue cheque.

13 days later, no credit in account. If I get no response from Bord Gais, where can I go?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭hallo dare

radio, ray darcy had something similar a few weeks ago on his show. after a phonecall the poor woman was getting her money back that day.its ridiculous what goes on.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. G

Ring your bank and tell them that you have been charged in the wrong. It relates to the bank guarentee scheme:

http://www.ipso.ie/section/DirectDebitScheme

Bord gais must:
    -Ensure that disputed amounts are not debited
    -Ensure that all amendments and cancellations are actioned promptly
    -Ensure that all indemnity claims are settled within 10 days

Your bank must:
    -Only pay direct debits in accordance with customers’ Instructions
    -Ensure that unauthorised and/or cancelled direct debits are intercepted and returned immediately on presentation
    -Promptly refund customers for indemnity claims and present the Indemnity to the Originator
    -Assist customers in resolving disputes with Originators
    -Inform the Sponsoring Bank if an Originator is not adhering to the Scheme Rules

Your right:
    If it is established that an unauthorised direct debit was charged to your account, you are guaranteed a prompt refund by your Bank of the amount so charged where you notify your Bank without undue delay on becoming aware of the unauthorised direct debit, and in any event no later than 13 months after the date of debiting of such direct debit to your account

Advertisement