Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New clothing site: www.streetshop.ie

• 02-04-2013 7:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Hello!
    I would be glad if you could review my new website and give your comment.
    The site provides Streetwear clothing, footwear and accessories.
    Here is the URL to the site below:
    www.streetshop.ie

The key points of which I would like to hear your comment:
    * Virtual measure tape;
    * Product spinner.
    I would like to hear your point of view how is it useful for online clothing buyers?

My aim is to develop a digital fashion store very close to the same one as if you would do shopping by going out to a place where you can try all the clothes first right before buying them. Therefore I started with product spinning. This is something about rotating products that gives the mind a much better view of the product than even the same number of static pictures would. It is a very impressive way to really let the consumer view the products.

Also I would like to say that knowing your exact size before ordering your clothes online is biggest hurdle to overcome. This is because different manufacturer follow different size patterns, hence they often show a discrepancy with the standard scale, which you are usually referring to. The top way to overcome this difficulty is to provide virtual measure tape what gives the actual physical size of product. Try it on my site!

I am looking for some suggestions on design, content and functionality.
    Thanks in advance for your comments and critiques!

Peace

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

Arrrggghhh, KILL THE SOUND!

• Registered Users Posts: 7 john.streetman

tricky D wrote: »
    Arrrggghhh, KILL THE SOUND!

I did it, special for you! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

"Woman: dress your baby"? pretty sexist and makes it sound like site isn't women friendly.

"Enter your tacking ID" spelling.

Generally good site.

biko wrote: »
    "Woman: dress your baby"? pretty sexist and makes it sound like site isn't women friendly.

"Enter your tacking ID" spelling.

Generally good site.

"Dress your baby" - this is a hidden message for the mens to spend money not only for themselves but also for their womens. :) I agree, it sounds like you said, but it's funny and I have not heard a negative comment from womens about that.

Thank you very much for your comments!

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47,333 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

"Dress your baby" - this is a hidden message for the mens to spend money not only for themselves but also for their womens. :) I agree, it sounds like you said, but it's funny and I have not heard a negative comment from womens about that.

Thank you very much for your comments!

Honestly, it's not even remotely funny, and if there's a hidden message to men there it's very, very well hidden. I just showed it to my wife and she reckoned it was a link to baby clothes. When I showed her your explanation she said that doesn't make any sense at all.

The other thing I don't like is "Men - find perfect outfit". It should be "find the/your/whatever outfit". At the moment it reads like dialogue from a Neanderthal film. I'd also suggest that "Brands - let us know" reads like you're looking for people to suggest what you should stock.

Other than that, it looks pretty good, best of luck with it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 553 ✭✭✭redman85

Drop the text shadow on the social links ( IMO it looks terrible)

Also I would add some white space to most of the elements (site seems way to cramped)

The font used for the headers ( Social , Shopping, Payment) is way to distracting for the user. I really had to focus to make out the word. Also I wouldnt use images for text.

What did you use to make the site? Using inline-styles should be avoided. Also from looking at your code I cant see a single HTML element :eek: just a lot of Div's

Zaph wrote: »
    Honestly, it's not even remotely funny, and if there's a hidden message to men there it's very, very well hidden. I just showed it to my wife and she reckoned it was a link to baby clothes. When I showed her your explanation she said that doesn't make any sense at all.

The other thing I don't like is "Men - find perfect outfit". It should be "find the/your/whatever outfit". At the moment it reads like dialogue from a Neanderthal film. I'd also suggest that "Brands - let us know" reads like you're looking for people to suggest what you should stock.

Other than that, it looks pretty good, best of luck with it.

Hmm, thank you for your suggestions, I'll think about this, probably it's better to choose another titles..

redman85 wrote: »
    Drop the text shadow on the social links ( IMO it looks terrible)

Also I would add some white space to most of the elements (site seems way to cramped)

The font used for the headers ( Social , Shopping, Payment) is way to distracting for the user. I really had to focus to make out the word. Also I wouldnt use images for text.

What did you use to make the site? Using inline-styles should be avoided. Also from looking at your code I cant see a single HTML element :eek: just a lot of Div's

Thanks for the suggestions, some of them I have already realized.
    About style - the only time I use them is when I want to check a style quickly during development. I've been too lazy to move them to the stylesheet. :)
    I have developed this web site from scratch without using any specific tools or eCommerce systems.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

You should run it past free online validators like http://validator.w3.org etc
    http://www.1stwebdesigner.com/freebies/online-tools-website-validation-testing/

Check how fast it downloads on http://watson.addy.com/
    The bigger the page is, the more frustrated customers you'll get if the net is slow.

biko wrote: »
    You should run it past free online validators like http://validator.w3.org etc
    http://www.1stwebdesigner.com/freebies/online-tools-website-validation-testing/

Check how fast it downloads on http://watson.addy.com/
    The bigger the page is, the more frustrated customers you'll get if the net is slow.

I already did it! W3C validator was successfully checked as XHTML + RDFa (no errors, no warnings). For page speed testing I am using Gtmetrix which uses "Page Speed" and "YSlow".
    Page Speed Grade A: (97%)
    YSlow Grade A: (96%)
    Page load time: 1.80s (From UK)
    Total page size: 500KB
    Total number of requests: 30
    :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Gizmoses

It's really squashed looking. These days people like clean, friendly websites. If you look at other clothes websites like river island or h&m. Simple and clean

Gizmoses wrote: »
    It's really squashed looking. These days people like clean, friendly websites. If you look at other clothes websites like river island or h&m. Simple and clean

White color is what causes positive emotions on your individuality.
    I know people who like a dark/black web sites! We are so different! :)

Advertisement