Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for accommodation around NUIG for two weeks!

Options
  • 02-04-2013 9:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 20

Hi,

I am a research student at NUIG and do most of my research from home. I have a 2 week course in the college in April and wondering if anyone knows anywhere I could stay relatively cheap for the two weeks. I dont know anyone in Galway and hotels etc would be really expensive for the two weeks.

Would really appreciate it if anyone could help!

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭Fear_an_tarbh

Hey, I was in a similar position a couple of years ago, at one point I needed a place for 2 months which I thought would be impossible, so I went to Daft and changed the parameters in the search to 2 months and sure enough found a place where a guy was gone back home for 2 months and wanted to rent his room.

At other times, I only needed a place for a few days so I got a B&B between town and Salthill. I was having breakfast in college so they gave me a room for 20/25 euro per night. Try Darcy's B&B, on Fr. Griffin Road beside Whitestrand Avenue, there's a few more on that road, 20 minute walk along the canal from NUIG, good luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 37,300 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

A Google gave me; http://www.fansci.nuigalway.ie/index.php?topic=211.0 and it tells me that the "Salmon Weir Hostel" is the closest to NUIG (7 minute walk according to Google Maps). Twin/double rooms are €18 a night, but it also says to contact them for special rates; http://www.salmonweirhostel.com/booking/special-offers.php

Advertisement