Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Your Team Next Year

Options
  • 02-04-2013 10:14am
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Given what your record is so far an the fact we'll be doing a draft based on your overall results...
    What team will you pick for Madden 14?

For me, I presume unless i completely collapse next season (or win the SB!) i'll be picking around 15 or so.

My two teams are the Titans and Seahawks, I would imagine the Seahawks will be one of the first teams off the board and would imagine the Titans would drop to 15 so will be picking them.

However if both teams were available i'd have a tough choice to make!

If neither team were available.. i've always had a soft spot for the Chargers.

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Like you probably picking around mid-way through.

No chance of 49ers unfortunately and there is no way I would play with any of the other NFC West Teams or rivals such as the Cowboys or Giants.

I'd like a team with a functioning running game, a somewhat competent QB, and at least one decent WR or TE.

I'd look at the likes of Chicago or Pittsburgh if they fell to me. I'd like the Bengals too if they were there. The Texans would be ideal but probably unlikely to fall that far.

Not the Lions anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Eagles or Colts for me.

As a fan the Eagles would usually be my 1st choice but after i said i hated the Colts, the last 5 games with them in the boards league has got me developing a soft spot for them, and so far regarding signings in the off season that they've had, compared to the Eagles, would probably have me swaying to them again if they were available.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Berty44

I'm hoping for the 49ers :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Bert it won't matter who you get!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Berty44 wrote: »
    I'm hoping for the 49ers :rolleyes:

I'm leaving the league if this happens.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Berty44

Could be a really good chance I might get the Jets !!!!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,332 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

So will our be pick be based on our power ranking? as in how we did against human players over the 3 seasons?

Yeah, that's the plan...

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭etloveslsd

Will it be outsourced to Big Bad Rob to concoct a mad spreadsheet to find out who goes where?

Standard payment of a beer and a kebab.

I like the look of the Browns these days, will wait and see how the draft goes

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Yeah and i think that works best.

For example, Pudsy never got to the play offs with the Texans (fantasy draft) and was in a tough division. His record got him the high pick and he went with the Ravens and he's done very well.

However he wont get the chance to pick the Ravens again (presuming they dont fall that far even with the culling) so will pick a more mediocre team.

Patriots Dave wont get to pick the Pats this year and Darbey will not get to pick the Packers.

• Advertisement

etloveslsd wrote: »
    Will it be outsourced to Big Bad Rob to concoct a mad spreadsheet to find out who goes where?

Standard payment of a beer and a kebab.

I like the look of the Browns these days, will wait and see how the draft goes

Robs sheet yes but Ben has kept a sheet since Rob left.

I'd imagine there will be a surprise or 2 in the draft.

Some people have their teams, Berty would pick the Jets if they were available at 31 with the Pats also available i'd imagine.

If i was picking first, i'd still go with the Titans i'd imagine

• Registered Users Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭madalig12

Yo CRAZY man! Titans suck! :D. If my next season goes the way this one is ill be a niner again:rolleyes:

Ah, they should be a little better next year.
    O-line should be solid and the defense should be a lot better!

However.. i expect to be disappointed!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭madalig12

Ill give you some good news, if I pick ahead of you....I won't pick them TITans.

• Registered Users Posts: 376 ✭✭NekoChan

I wouldnt say no to the Ravens...

I'll prob be picking reasonably early given my current form :-(

NekoChan wrote: »
    I wouldnt say no to the Ravens...

I'll prob be picking reasonably early given my current form :-(

Well it means you can get a better team and improve next year!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,599 ✭✭✭matthew8

I'll probably pick a bit later this time, so out of range of my beloved Cowboys/Panthers. Could go for the Cardinals, whopper 3-4 defense they have. Palmer can throw, fantastic 1-2-3 in receivers, hopefully they get an OL in the draft or maybe a RB, or else I'd be forced to sell Fitz for an O-line. If I do really well and end up picking crazily late, I love a good mobile QB with speedy receivers, and the only team I see that even slightly fit the bill past the Boys and Panthers are the Raiders if Pryor has any passing stats.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

ANyone but the Browns....

Im just hoping someone picks the Jags before mikey :P

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Im just hoping someone picks the Jags before mikey :P

Well, the Jags might not have enough players for an NFL roster so... So am I.

Nah I'll most likely be picking late, but I would really like to avoid the Jags, as MJD, the only reason I could work with them this year, will likely take a stat hit due to missing most of last year through injury. Although, Justin Blackmon and Cecil Shorts III will be excellent receiving options, but I would likely have to give a pick away for a decent QB again as Gabbert could get worse and I'm not sure we will be bringing in a higher rated QB after all.

Dream scenario would be someone like the Broncos, who look very strong after FA. Realistically the Cheifs have a few nice weapons. But I know ultimately the Jags new uniforms will likely see me faithfully back in black (and teal).

• Advertisement

I repeat.. do not give Mikey the Jags!!!

You take one for the team so. You'll be picking before him. Can't be worse than the Raiders.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,332 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

I don't mind who I get,I probably go for the best defense whenever I'm picking

adrian522 wrote: »
    You take one for the team so. You'll be picking before him. Can't be worse than the Raiders.

With the changes I've made they are quite good, its me thats the problem!
    In the 2 games where the CPU has played, Schaub has thrown 8 TDS and 0 ints!

Still so impressed by my MLB Williams.. Ben still holds a grudge over him i bet :pac:

Well I'm glad he didn't get him, his team is good enough...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭Nelbert

Yeah and i think that works best.

For example, Pudsy never got to the play offs with the Texans (fantasy draft) and was in a tough division. His record got him the high pick and he went with the Ravens and he's done very well.

However he wont get the chance to pick the Ravens again (presuming they dont fall that far even with the culling) so will pick a more mediocre team.

Patriots Dave wont get to pick the Pats this year and Darbey will not get to pick the Packers.

Wait..... What???
    Ah my grinding has been the best thing I've ever done towards the end of Madden 12's life and when the new game came out.
    I've a consistent passing game (even when practising with less mortals than Rodgers) and my defence is quite good in terms of playcalling to create opportunities for turnovers and more willing to edit individual coverages.
    My running game had a false dawn last year with 1594 yards from Benson. Miles less despite upgrading the position this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Carroller

ANYONE BUT THE DOLPHINS!

Going by my record I have my pick of anyone :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭The_Gatsby

With all the free agency movement the Dolphins could be pretty decent in next years game.

If I don't get the Falcons, I wouldn't mind playing with the Bengals or Chargers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Back to Baltimore or stay in Cleveland? decisions decisions

Don't mind realy but definitely staying in the AFC North :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 376 ✭✭NekoChan

mikemac1 wrote: »
    Back to Baltimore or stay in Cleveland? decisions decisions

Don't mind realy but definitely staying in the AFC North :cool:

Hands off my future team! :D

But yeah I agree - AFC North a great division!

Advertisement