Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Your Team Next Year

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭Raoul

I would be delighted to get a team as good as the Saints next year but it won't be likely. I think with the way FA is going at the moment though, there will be a lot of good lower ranked teams. Should be fun anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 760 ✭✭✭Shane.C

Cowboys or saints would be nice!

• Registered Users Posts: 772 ✭✭✭guns4all

Looking forward to having the opportunity to pick my team rather than being lumped with the Rams. (It was either them or the Colts, and I played as the Colts offline and they were piss poor)
    That said my 1st year in the Boards League has been ace so far and playing with a poor team is the best way for me to learn good and bad habits.

Have been enjoying playing as the Redskins offline and also as the Pack.
    I agreed that after free agency irl the teams will be much more balanced in M14 and still the draft to come.

3rd season still to come though!!

guns4all wrote: »
    Looking forward to having the opportunity to pick my team rather than being lumped with the Rams. (It was either them or the Colts, and I played as the Colts offline and they were piss poor)
    That said my 1st year in the Boards League has been ace so far and playing with a poor team is the best way for me to learn good and bad habits.

Have been enjoying playing as the Redskins offline and also as the Pack.
    I agreed that after free agency irl the teams will be much more balanced in M14 and still the draft to come.

3rd season still to come though!!

Yeah we seem to be getting ahead of ourselves, we still have a season left. And a season without Ben. So we all have a better chance. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,395 ✭✭✭davetherave

Patriots Dave wont get to pick the Pats this year and Darbey will not get to pick the Packers.
    But, but what about team Gronk. We had something special and now it is just going to be ripped apart?
    I can see how this will work. Browns - Pats - Browns - Pats :D

I've made the wildcard round these two seasons and presuming Rob doesn't make an early comeback, or a new Season gives the dolphins a fantastic burst of life, could do the same again next season. Probably be picking 18-22ish.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,186 ✭✭✭PADRAIC.M

Would love the Seahawks actually, have them in the PFL and really like playing with them, but I plan on making playoffs for season 3 B)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,093 ✭✭✭Guffy

Guessing Seahawks will be off the board but how bout them bears ;)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Seahawks will surely be one of the top 5 teams off the board!

Seahawks will surely be one of the top 5 teams off the board!

Surely with my record I will be a top 5 pick ?!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Maybe, but someone might take them before you. A good young team with a decent amount of caps space even with the few 1 year deals you'd have to re-sign. Could be the team of M14 IMO

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭madalig12

Yeah id say they will go in the top three, if they and the niners went top three you could see some sly picking of the Rams or Cards by a good player knowing that two of the poorer players would be in that division.....although why someone would purposly pick the Rams is beyond me.....

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭etloveslsd

madalig12 wrote: »
    Yeah id say they will go in the top three, if they and the niners went top three you could see some sly picking of the Rams or Cards by a good player knowing that two of the poorer players would be in that division.....although why someone would purposly pick the Rams is beyond me.....

4-1-1 in the toughest division in football last year and 1-0-1 against the NFC representative in the Superbowl, keep writing the Rams off, it's how we roll!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭madalig12

I meant Cardinals...me luvs the Rams.......no Donegal farmer comments:D

madalig12 wrote: »
    I meant Cardinals...me luvs the Rams.......no Donegal farmer comments:D

Have you heard of the KKK in Arizona?!
    Don't make me put the "Kevin Kolb Kurse" on you!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

I'm still pissed about me picking the Chargers over the Jets at the beginning of Madden 2013.

I had spent days and days going through different strategies etc (I know, but we all did it :pac:) and had narrowed it down to the Chargers and the Jets from the teams remaining. I submitted my picks in haste a bit as I picked the Chargers #1 and the Jets #2 after winning a couple of friendlies with San Diego, but after playing a bit more with the Jets and beating some good players in friendly games with them, along with loving playing with Tebow (that clutch trait is immense, he's almost unstoppable in the 4th quarter) and having the likes of Revis on D, I realised I should have gone with the Jets. Over the next few days waiting for the reveal I still suspected someone else would take the Chargers ahead of me, but alas it never happened. I started off terribly but somehow beat Berty and things were picking up for me before I eventually had to pull out which I was gutted about as I thought I was just about to get somewhere with the Chargers. I still remember that reveal - me, Berty, Ibmax and Perrin. I remember seeing the divison and just going:

edward_norton_angry_laptop_gif.gif

:pac:

Obviously as I haven't had the time to play this season I'll be one of the last to pick for Madden 14/25 (providing there's space in the league of course), but I think I'd actually rather that. I'm hoping EA will have developed the career mode even further and it will be more fun to pick a young, project team and build them up so if I could get a team like that I'd be delighted as I'm hoping to have more free time to commit to it.

Will the same reveal process be done this summer for it? I thought that was probably the best part of the whole thing last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Yeah it was excellently done this year. Although I don't know how many people put the same effort into picking their team as Paully :pac: I knew I would get the Jags, and it has been so much fun building them into a strong team. I don't think I have any starting player under 80 overall now, and the fact that I've gone 14-2 and 14-1 in the regular seasons with the Jags makes it way more satisfying. Not sure how it works, but I might have a low pick again, and to be honest, I can see myself going with my Jags again and rocking the new uniforms, unless a very decent team drop to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,091 ✭✭✭✭ Noel Tall Gauche

Well iv been out most of ye year so id imagine I'm picking last I'm hoping the eagles drop they should be pretty terrible after last year

Can't see it being done any different than last year. Paully if (big if) the titans had been gone the Chargers were on my list. Lucky escape for me :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Lads as i wasnt around for the start of this can somebody explain how we get to pick teams for the new madden :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭etloveslsd

Lads as i wasnt around for the start of this can somebody explain how we get to pick teams for the new madden :confused:

Its based on your record, and on your strength of schedule. players with the better records and better human game records (ie a win over Berty is worth more than a win over the cpu Bills) pick later. The likes of Berty, Ben and Mikey will pick later.

What was done last year was that guys in the league picked and then newcomers picked after them.

The Colts rich vein of form towards the end of the season may have cost their GM a top 5 pick in next years Madden. :pac:

• Advertisement

In madden 12 I had the Browns and only won 3 or 4 games against human players throughout the two seasons I played. This was the worst record so I got first choice of team in Madden 13. What we did was that it was done privately so people wouldn't pick their team based on division opponents. The first six people sent their choice via pm. Then the next six got told that teams a, b, c, x, y, z are not available and they send in their preferences, and so on down the line. Then after the the top ranked returning player all of the new players got to make their picks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Berty44

On the picking the only thing I would like to see done differently is that the picks be done and published in order rather than send in a list of 1-5 picks and then the reveal. So what i mean is rather than go through all the hassle of pms and all that, simply publish the draft order and then #1 picks, #2 picks etc and we all see them all the way down.

Wasn't the problem with that that people would choose their teams based on who was in their division. As in people would be avoiding the top players. Which I definitely think would happen.

Berty44 wrote: »
    On the picking the only thing I would like to see done differently is that the picks be done and published in order rather than send in a list of 1-5 picks and then the reveal. So what i mean is rather than go through all the hassle of pms and all that, simply publish the draft order and then #1 picks, #2 picks etc and we all see them all the way down.
    Raoul wrote: »
    Wasn't the problem with that that people would choose their teams based on who was in their division. As in people would be avoiding the top players. Which I definitely think would happen.

I think both have merits and while i think you will have some players not pick a "division of death" the majority wont be that concerned tbh

I think both have merits and while i think you will have some players not pick a "division of death" the majority wont be that concerned tbh
    And those who people want to avoid will be picking at the end so you may not know what division they will be in anyway.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,332 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    Yeah it was excellently done this year. Although I don't know how many people put the same effort into picking their team as Paully :pac:
    I sure as hell didn't :pac:.I knew Manning was decent and thats about it,I remember I was picking second in the second last group,my order at the time was Broncos,Redskins,Bills,Raiders,Seahawks,Colts so I pretty much got my pick.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

And where's the fun in that? :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Berty44 wrote: »

I completely agree with this have an open and transparent draft, let everyone see who is picking what team, I think this will lead to much more chat and excitement.
    Raoul wrote: »

I don't really see this as a problem at all. People should be allowed select their team based on whatever factors they like.

Also it won't be possible to avoid the better players anyway. Let's assume I'm picking around 12th. I want to avoid the "better" players. Lets say I want to avoid Berty and Ben in particular.

Berty and Ben will likely be picking around 25th or 26th depending on how many people come back from this year. It would be pretty much impossible for me to avoid them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

In madden 12 I had the Browns and only won 3 or 4 games against human players throughout the two seasons I played. This was the worst record so I got first choice of team in Madden 13.

That makes me feel a little better about my 6-10 and 3-13 records as the Browns :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

adrian522 wrote: »
    I completely agree with this have an open and transparent draft, let everyone see who is picking what team, I think this will lead to much more chat and excitement.

I don't really see this as a problem at all. People should be allowed select their team based on whatever factors they like.

Also it won't be possible to avoid the better players anyway. Let's assume I'm picking around 12th. I want to avoid the "better" players. Lets say I want to avoid Berty and Ben in particular.

Berty and Ben will likely be picking around 25th or 26th depending on how many people come back from this year. It would be pretty much impossible for me to avoid them.

Also, if people were avoiding certain divisions and taking worse teams in worse divisions, then the better teams would fall further down. Give me a good team in a strong division over a poor team in a weak division every day.

Advertisement