Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

When is best time to rent 2 bed??

Options
  • 02-04-2013 10:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 38

Hi All,
    I'm planning to rent a two bed apt/house sometime this year. I am working under the assumption that the summer time (July / Aug) would be the best time to look as a lot of students would have vacated their places - am I correct here?
    Also how negotiable are rents these days? I would be looking to rent in the South Dublin area - Dublin 6 / 6W, 4, 14.
    Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
    NOWE

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,237 ✭✭✭✭djimi

Yeah Id go along with early summer being the better time to go looking. Generally August onwards is the worst time to start looking to a rental property.

It depends on where abouts in Dublin you are, but in a lot of areas rental properties are in pretty high demand at the moment so you might find that you dont have much luck trying to negotiate the asking price. Of course, thats not to say dont chance your arm, just be realistic! (ie if you are viewing the place with five other people then chances are the landlord is going to get their asking price)

• Registered Users Posts: 38 northofwestend

Thanks Djimi
    Yeah I had hoped that there would be a good supply during the months of June and July so hoped that this may have a positive downward effect on rents...possibly wishful thinking!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭thehomeofDob

I had been wondering this myself actually as I will be looking to rent a 2 bed property around June or July. Do prices tend to rise after this or does demand just go up?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,237 ✭✭✭✭djimi

I had been wondering this myself actually as I will be looking to rent a 2 bed property around June or July. Do prices tend to rise after this or does demand just go up?

Demand would go up. Not sure about prices, but at the very least you would have significantly less bargaining power than you might have when demand is lower.

Advertisement