Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No receipt.Am I screwed?

Options
  • 02-04-2013 10:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭

Received a bracelet from my boyfriend for Christmas.It's quite fancy,so it doesn't get worn very often.Wore it for New Year's and it snapped.Boyfriend brought it back to the shop in February,had it sent away for repair.They ended up replacing it since the snap was irreparable.

Wore the bracelet out for the first time since the repair last night and it snapped again!:mad:Exact same place,so it must be a design fault.I was going to look for a refund,but the problem is,the receipt is now nowhere to be found.

Will a bank statement do?Or will the fact that they have a repair on the books be any help at all?The bracelet is own brand for what it's worth.I'm fairly sure I'm stuck,but if anyone does has any advice I'd be much obliged.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

I would think, generally, that because they've dealt with your boyfriend for the repair that the receipt wouldn't be a necessity, did he receive any texts or emails from them advising of the delivery of the replacement bracelet?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

A bank statement is considered acceptable in lieu of a receipt.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,584 ✭✭✭PCPhoto

the company will have a record of the transaction so they would/should have no issue with replacing/changing it to something else.

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Tea-a-Maria

Just found out from the boyfriend that he originally ordered the bracelet online, so I have the invoice now.The receipt was for the repair, but I imagine if I go to the same branch they'll have it on record,so hopefully there won't be any problem there!

Advertisement