Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Zidane: Bale impressed me the most

124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭Ormus

Liam O wrote: »
    My favourite part of this thread was being told Mata could never do a chip pass, cross the ball or shoot with power.

You were never told that.

Have another read of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

KingdomYid wrote: »
    Even if you do not agree with someone's opinion surely an LoL is not a very mature response. I really don't care who is better but as I have said before I would not swap Bale with anyone in the Premier League at the moment. This is just my opinion and I would hope it is not laughed at.

In response to this ^

See this V
    greendom wrote: »
    In fairness, it was in response to an equally inane post.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,389 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Ormus wrote: »
    You were never told that.

Have another read of it.
    He is a bit like Juan Mata, except he can dribble and cross and head the ball and he has an amazingly powerful shot and runs like an Olympic sprinter. Apart from that they're very similar.
    Ormus wrote:
    Witness his chip pass for Vertonghen's goal against Swansea the other day, followed a few mins later by his amazing first touch and shot almost without any part of his body moving except his left foot. You will never ever see Mata doing that. He just doesn't have the foot to eye coordination or touch to be able to try it.

Very good at reading thanks. Actually add dribbling to the things he can't do :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭Ormus

Liam O wrote: »
    Very good at reading thanks. Actually add dribbling to the things he can't do :pac:

Haha, so you're saying Mata crosses the ball as well as Bale?

He has as powerful a shot as Bale?

The only thing I said that Mata can't do is score a goal like Bale did against Swansea from 25 yards out without any backlift.

The other things I mentioned are things Mata can do, just clearly not as well as Bale.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

Bale is class. Mata is class. They are two completely different types of player so there's no right answer to who you would prefer in your team. But people who say that Bale is more skilful or much better than Mata have a mental deficiency.

• Advertisement
  • Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Ormus is a bit like most top posters here, except most top posters here can construct sensible arguments, can avoid contradicting themselves within the space of a couple of posts and can also avoid back-tracking in an entirely transparent fashion.

Sorry Ormus, when I said you can't do any of above things, I didn't actually mean you can't do any of them - you can do them, just clearly not as well as others.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Essien

Just cos a player is smaller doesn't mean he is more skillful.

Being more skillful means he is more skillful (He being Mata of course)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭764dak

So, where is the wonderful Mata now? He is just a benchwarmer now.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

764dak wrote: »
    So, where is the wonderful Mata now? He is just a benchwarmer now.

I'm sure he's crying into the ribbons from his World Cup, Euro and Champions League medals right now.

Advertisement