Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Auditors find Significant problems with WCC procurement proceedures

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭7upfree

Trotter wrote: »
    I see that my city's status now matches that of Cork, Galway and Dublin.
    I perceive also that FG are trying hard to make sure that the end result will be that my city will no longer be equal in status to those other cities.

I've read no good reason beyond party hackery that Waterford city and county should be merged while other gateway cities are untouched and nobody has been able to convince me otherwise.

The best, most realistic, and unbiased post I've seen on this issue to date. Well said.

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭jad2007

In a effort to get this back on track, Michael Walsh City Manager gave a detailed interview defending the two areas of controversy namely the alleged overpayment of property in the Holy Ghost and also not adhering to procurement policies.

He also said that WCC would consider legal action against the Examiner if they didnt retract the article ( which they are standing by )

In todays News and Star

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭O Riain

jad2007 wrote: »
    In a effort to get this back on track, Michael Walsh City Manager gave a detailed interview defending the two areas of controversy namely the alleged overpayment of property in the Holy Ghost and also not adhering to procurement policies.

He also said that WCC would consider legal action against the Examiner if they didnt retract the article ( which they are standing by )

In todays News and Star

The overpayment was one issue and the other was that it was voted for by councillors who are on the board of trust for the Holy Ghost and also by the son of a another board member. It would need to be some serious explaining to justify this one.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,510 ✭✭✭Max Powers

In fairness to City Manager, he was the driving force behind the relocated glass and has done a lot of positive things. I dont care if he rushed a few contracts to get that done in time for tourist season. I reckon we got value for money.

On the 2.2m for 11 properties, every council in the country pays well over the odds for property because once a seller gets wind that the council are involved they see € signs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭fuzzy dunlop

Sully wrote: »
    I'm not wishing to engage yet again in another discussion on the pros & cons of the merger and I did say that it was only *one* of the main points (ie there are a number of others). Its got nothing to do with this thread and the only reason why I mentioned it was because the "whiter than white City Council" message that was being put out there turns out to be false. We already know the County Council were not perfect, hence the those on the City side argument.

I'm not watering down or changing in anyway, for good or bad, the rest of the main points and nor am I suggesting that the financial issues argument now out the window will impact on the overall campaign and the overall concerns by the people of Waterford City, for good or for bad, nor am I suggesting that the government or anybody involved in the campaign for or against as a result of this post and this news has been badly or positively impacted. Nor am I condoning or suggesting I am pro the merger within this post. */disclaimer*

You don't want to discuss the merger well stop f!cking bringing it up. You are the one who introduced the merger and then proceeded to involve it in the discussion two more times.And then you have the cheek to say you don't want to talk about the pro's and cons.Well here's the dope this has no similarity with the county's financial situation. This is about procedures not followed.It may involve corruption on the other hand it may not. The county council on the other hand is virtually bankrupt. So this in no way endorses the FG position in their downgrading of the city council. BTW I love all these people who say they have witnessed impropriety in the tendering processes and elsewhere and they seemingly have done f!ck all about it.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

You don't want to discuss the merger well stop f!cking bringing it up. You are the one who introduced the merger and then proceeded to involve it in the discussion two more times.And then you have the cheek to say you don't want to talk about the pro's and cons.Well here's the dope this has no similarity with the county's financial situation. This is about procedures not followed.It may involve corruption on the other hand it may not. The county council on the other hand is virtually bankrupt. So this in no way endorses the FG position in their downgrading of the city council. BTW I love all these people who say they have witnessed impropriety in the tendering processes and elsewhere and they seemingly have done f!ck all about it.

This might be stating the obvious but there is a high difference between the part of what I mentioned that was related to this thread and this thread only then what others want discussed that have no relation to this thread at all.

This might be stating the obvious but there is a high difference between the part of what I mentioned that was related to this thread and this thread only then what others want discussed that have no relation to this thread at all.

Second post in the thread from you Sully.

"And to think that campaigners were moaning about being merged with the County Council over their finances! Pot, Kettle, Black maybe??"

You brought up the merger. Don't blame anyone because it unravelled on you.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Second post in the thread from you Sully.

"And to think that campaigners were moaning about being merged with the County Council over their finances! Pot, Kettle, Black maybe??"

You brought up the merger. Don't blame anyone because it unravelled on you.

I suggest you re-read what I posted here.

If your still confused, then I can't help you.

I suggest you re-read what I posted here.

If your still confused, then I can't help you.

I suggest you re-read what you post. Preferably before you post it. The only confusing thing on this thread is how you can continue to post the most self deluded political hackery and actually expect anyone not to be able to see through it.

I suggest you re-read what you post. Preferably before you post it. The only confusing thing on this thread is how you can continue to post the most self deluded political hackery and actually expect anyone not to be able to see through it.

Touchy! Did I strike a raw nerve? I'm afraid I made myself very clear as to what I was referring to and what I wasn't getting into, in order to stay on topic. If your refusing to see that, there is nothing I can do.

• Advertisement

Touchy! Did I strike a raw nerve? I'm afraid I made myself very clear as to what I was referring to and what I wasn't getting into, in order to stay on topic. If your refusing to see that, there is nothing I can do.

No Sully you didn't. And as far as you making clear statements goes. You never make a statement clear enough so that you can't back peddle your way out of it. Or so you think. It must be the FG finishing school you went to and are now polluting the forum with since 2009 at least. But fortunately for everyone else anything higher than a single cell life form can see through it. So I'll remind you again of one undeniable fact that won't change no matter how many times you read it. The second post on this thread was made by you. And you introduced the merger into the thread in an attempt to score points against those who oppose it. So take some responsibility for the BS you post for once in your life. Its an embarrassment.

No Sully you didn't. And as far as you making clear statements goes. You never make a statement clear enough so that you can't back peddle your way out of it. Or so you think. It must be the FG finishing school you went to and are now polluting the forum with since 2009 at least. But fortunately for everyone else anything higher than a single cell life form can see through it. So I'll remind you again of one undeniable fact that won't change no matter how many times you read it. The second post on this thread was made by you. And you introduced the merger into the thread in an attempt to score points against those who oppose it. So take some responsibility for the BS you post for once in your life. Its an embarrassment.

Okay. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭O Riain

I was actually gonna say exactly what fuzzy did before he posted it. You did completely and utterly bring it up in fairness.

O Riain wrote: »
    I was actually gonna say exactly what fuzzy did before he posted it. You did completely and utterly bring it up in fairness.

I'm not denying that, never did. :)

Advertisement