Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bed bunker

Options
  • 02-04-2013 12:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15,025 ✭✭✭✭

Only the Americans would come up with this!:cool::D

http://www.bedbunker.com/

Wonder would our Supers and Cheif Supers sleep any easier if they knew we all had one of these and were resting on them at night??:D

Made in USA with US parts, BedBunker hidden safes are ideal for concealing your gold, silver, and other valuables. BedBunker safes come in a variety of models - bed safes as well as hidden floor safes. The ultimate in concealed safes!
    Bed Bunkers replace the box springs in your bed to provide concealed, fire-rated, easily accessible storage for your weapons and valuables.
    BedBunkers have a 2 hour fire wall and have withstood temperatures in excess of 1533 degrees. All structural components are tig welded and powder coated for maximum strength and protection from the elements.
    BedBunker modular safes are designed to replace the box spring under twin, queen, or king size mattresses and are compatible with most standard bed frames. Custom sizes are available by special order.
    The BedBunker is equipped with 1" diameter threaded legs for height and leveling adjustments. Optional fully adjustable casters are available for easy repositioning.
    Available in single or double safe models for king and queen size beds.

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭juice1304

I was thinking of getting one of them last year but i would imagine the shipping would be more than the bed. They make another great product an intruder alarm that fills the room with pepper spray it's a shame we are'nt allowed to have it because i would love to put a unit in my safe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭rowa

I'll bet sleeping on that would do wonders for your back :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 804 ✭✭✭Sikamick

Not really practical, it would be the first place the scum-bags would look, under the mattress. They'll rob the gun safe for the scrap value. You can't beat concealment.

Sikamick

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭bravestar

Sikamick wrote: »
    Not really practical, it would be the first place the scum-bags would look, under the mattress. They'll rob the gun safe for the scrap value. You can't beat concealment.

Sikamick

You are dead right. In my experience the bedroom is without a doubt the single most searched room during a burglary and in most cases the bed will be tossed.

Concealment+physical security is the only way to go if you value what is in your safe.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,025 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

I'd say unless they come equipped with some serious metal working kit lie consaws or oxy aceytlne,the average house breaking jemmy bar weilding lad is going to have abit of a job getting into somthing like that.

Given enough time and reason to search anything is findable or breakable.

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Advertisement

Grizzly 45 wrote: »
    I'd say unless they come equipped with some serious metal working kit lie consaws or oxy aceytlne,the average house breaking jemmy bar weilding lad is going to have abit of a job getting into somthing like that.

Given enough time and reason to search anything is findable or breakable.

True, but why put it in one of the first places they will look.

My money is on a properly concealed floor safe.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

bravestar wrote: »
    In the properly concealed floor safe would be better ;) :P

Sparks wrote: »
    In the properly concealed floor safe would be better ;) :P

Was askin for that...nice! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 15,025 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

bravestar wrote: »
    True, but why put it in one of the first places they will look.

Well,isnt a bed going to look a bit out of place in the living room?:P

Grizzly 45 wrote: »
    Well,isnt a bed going to look a bit out of place in the living room?:P

Not in some of the places I've been in... Ahem :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭EWQuinn

What do you mean concealment? Its concealed by the bed spread!

Actually I have one, and it works great. But these days its really hard for me to get in and out of it due to the onset of unexplained back pain.

Advertisement