Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

hazards in athlone

Options
  • 02-04-2013 12:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭

new duel carriageway going through clonbrusk estate heavy goods vechicles and speeding cars going through estate since traffic lights were installed . its been used as a shortcut to avoid traffic lights

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭ifeelill

You should advise the town planners of this.

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭finky1

i agree but he is probabley using the shortcut too

• Registered Users Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭CORaven

Surely this would be a matter to bring to the attention of the guards if people are driving at a dangerous speed.

If it is a problem, maybe you should suggest to said planner to close the entrance to the estate to the Ballymahon road.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭boredatwork82

It is really bad. I would hate to live in there. Surprised its not blocked off at one end yet.

lot of old people living in area dont be able to fight there case

• Advertisement

I seem to remember Paul Hogan raising the issue of traffic management in Sarsfield Square. It took some time to block off one end of the estate but it did happen regardless of who was using the road, also it's best to put request in writing if you want to be taken seriously. You could write a letter to the members of the council and have your neighbors sign it.

Contact details for the members can be found here > > http://www.athlone.ie/udc/about_us/members.htm

ANOTHER HAZZARD IS IN THE ORCHARD ESTATE RAW SEWAGE ON ROAD FOR THE LAST FEW WEEKS BESIDE WHERE CHILDREN ARE PLAYING SEEMS LIKE NO ONE CARES

• Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭athlonelad

finky1 wrote: »
    ANOTHER HAZZARD IS IN THE ORCHARD ESTATE RAW SEWAGE ON ROAD FOR THE LAST FEW WEEKS BESIDE WHERE CHILDREN ARE PLAYING SEEMS LIKE NO ONE CARES

I think your cap locks is on

• Registered Users Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭Saint_Mel

finky1 wrote: »

Did you report it to anyone?

http://www.westmeathcoco.ie/en/

Phone numbers on the top right of the page and reports for general faults on the bottom right.

• Advertisement
Advertisement