Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Athlone B&Q being saved

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭iseegirls

I would rather if H&M, New Look, Top Man, Diesel, Pull And Bear, Forever 21 etc would come to the city over M&S.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Jason Todd

iseegirls wrote: »
    I would rather if H&M, New Look, Top Man, Diesel, Pull And Bear, Forever 21 etc would come to the city over M&S.

Would love H&M! More suited to the city centre than Butlerstown alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭7upfree

iseegirls wrote: »

Weren't H&M going to locate in Arundel Square until a certain person objected? Or am I wrong?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,709 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

7upfree wrote: »
    Weren't H&M going to locate in Arundel Square until a certain person objected? Or am I wrong?

Do name and shame the person/business who objected..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Jason Todd

Whereabouts? If River Island got permission to face onto Arundel Sq. I'm sure H&M could have got it? Unless RI had some sort of deal with City Square that couldn't be objected to, or something like that?

• Advertisement

Jason Todd wrote: »
    Whereabouts? If River Island got permission to face onto Arundel Sq. I'm sure H&M could have got it? Unless RI had some sort of deal with City Square that couldn't be objected to, or something like that?

I think they were supposed to go in where the Brasserie is?:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭iseegirls

I think they were supposed to go in where the Brasserie is?:confused:

There were plans to merge Sully's Snooker Hall, Brasserie, Card Company, and the vacant slot beside it to make one big area for a shop.

I'm guessing the recession really hit that idea,but I believed that City Square bought Sully's a few years ago (or maybe they owned it already)

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭redtelephone

Looks as if B&Q has really closed the door on the Waterford store. The Irish Times report seems to say it's costing them 5m to get out of the lease :eek:

http://www.irishtimes.com/news/crime-and-law/b-q-bid-to-have-store-leases-set-aside-adjourned-1.1347533

Looks as if B&Q has really closed the door on the Waterford store. The Irish Times report seems to say it's costing them 5m to get out of the lease :eek:

http://www.irishtimes.com/news/crime-and-law/b-q-bid-to-have-store-leases-set-aside-adjourned-1.1347533

Very sad indeed.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

Counsel said that it had been agreed with landlords James and Bridget Treacy of Butlerstown House, Waterford, that the lease of their store in Waterford can be repudiated as part of the examiner’s proposed scheme of arrangement

€5m has been agreed with the Treacy's

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭Dicky Pride

EDIT: Forgot about the rumour rule.

oops.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,709 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

Rumours now that Argos will be the next to go...

Expected this to come but would of expected towns with more than one shop besides Dublin to have stores closed first before others but then its down to performance. Wonder have the fairly new stores in Clonmel and Kilkenny affected Waterford's store over the last 2 or 3 years.

Advertisement