Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tablets

• 02-04-2013 1:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 49

Anyone know of a tablet that supports flash??

Also not for tablet, but what is the quickest mobile internet I can get??

Is there a way of getting quicker(and reliable) internet than using mobile dongles in sometimes obscure locations??

TIA for any advice/help

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,051 ✭✭✭bealtine

MinisterJD wrote: »
    Is there a way of getting quicker(and reliable) internet than using mobile dongles in sometimes obscure locations??

No...

If you want reliable broadband then get real broadband like cable or DSL

• Registered Users Posts: 49 MinisterJD

Yes,but I am looking for fast internet in varying obscure locations??
    Willing to pay a decent amount for it because it is essential to me,
    any advice greatly appreciated.

Yes,but I am looking for fast internet in varying obscure locations??
    Willing to pay a decent amount for it because it is essential to me,
    any advice greatly appreciated.

I want a silver Bentley with big tailfins...

There's no such thing as "fast internet" in obscure locations, sorry...
    Even LTE (4G) will be hit-and-miss that's just the nature of mobile internet

Ha,

So what is the fastest mobile broadband available ??

Ha,

So what is the fastest mobile broadband available ??

There's no such thing as fast mobile internet, (it's not really broadband) with 3G you'll be lucky to get a connection let alone fast speeds outside the main population areas, widespread 4G is a while off yet and suffers from similar technical restrictions to 3G but it's just a bit better....

• Advertisement

umm flash is dead and buried so most new tablets won't support it...it can be hacked up to work but is it really worth it?

Anyway this isn't a topic for broadband try a forum more suited to the tablet you are interested in

There is a specific reason why I need it to support flash but thanks for your helpful advice mod.:D

There is a specific reason why I need it to support flash but thanks for your helpful advice mod.:D

well tough luck, buy an old tablet on ebay or something

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,062 ✭✭✭✭listermint

You can get flash to operate on the Google Nexus tablet should you wish. It doesnt require rooting. Simply and app and an alternate browser.

I have it working on mine no issues.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭5littleangels

listermint wrote: »
    You can get flash to operate on the Google Nexus tablet should you wish. It doesnt require rooting. Simply and app and an alternate browser.

I have it working on mine no issues.

hi what is the name of the app my son would love to play his minecraft game in its proper pc version on the nexus not just the pocket edition do you know if this would be possible with the app you mentioned? thanks....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 813 ✭✭✭IrishStuff09

hi what is the name of the app my son would love to play his minecraft game in its proper pc version on the nexus not just the pocket edition do you know if this would be possible with the app you mentioned? thanks....
    No, because Minecraft is written in Java, and uses the Java browser plugin to run on your PC.
    There isn't a Java plugin for Android. (There was one years ago, but rarely worked)

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭5littleangels

No, because Minecraft is written in Java, and uses the Java browser plugin to run on your PC.
    There isn't a Java plugin for Android. (There was one years ago, but rarely worked)

hi thanks for that, i was hoping that there was a way it would work so i could get the pc back but no such luck clearly :)

Advertisement