Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Beat a game from your backlog this March: April Edition

• 02-04-2013 1:38pm
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,560 CMod ✭✭✭✭

Time to start another one of these I think.

Off to a good start for me. I finished Crimson Shroud's new game+ with the good ending. Hoping to get through Riviera and FF2.

I also started Resi 6 with Chris's chapter. Not sure I'll finish this one. I saw the bad press and thought it couldn't be that bad but my god it's horrendous. Why make an action packed segment of your game yet give you absolutely **** all ammo. Running around taking on bosses with your knife/bare hands isn't fun but you are regularly without ammo that you have to.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

for me

walking dead all episodes
    la noire

completed 1st episode of walking dead, have to say it has me hooked, really well done , looking forward to continueing it

la noire i wanted this game since release but held off, because of other games, time to get into it now and its 15e on xbox live so its a good deal i think ,

probably will add 1 or 2 more since i have alot of spare time for the next 2weeks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭Grimebox

Beat a game from your backlog this February: March Edition: April Edition :pac:

Bioshock as soon as I got my PC sorted

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭penev10

I'm still on the February edition myself!:p

Should get Fire Emblem:SS beaten soon as I'm on the last level. Am coming near the end of HALO 4 too.

Made the mistake of starting Gran Turismo 5 though, will never finish it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,298 ✭✭✭ionapaul

I'm gonna beat Dark Souls this month - should've done so last month (am on the final boss!) but have been playing LoL exclusively for the past two weeks.

Will then move onto Mark of the Ninja and maybe the Witcher 2.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

Got about 50% of the way through Bioshock back in February, so I should probably get around to wrapping things up.

I also started up Beyond Good and Evil HD after leaving it sitting there on the PS3 for over a year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭balkieb2002

Damn the March edition went a bit fast for my liking. I can see now why my backlog builds up.

GoW Ascension is still on my list from March but I intend to dedicate some time to it this month.
    Was meant to start BioShock 1 last month too but had to finish Catherine. Should have completed it when it first came out but stopped only a quarter way through for some reason... long overdue!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Well i've done pretty well so far this month and last month.

Finished off -

PS3

Dishonored
    The Walking Dead
    Bioshock Infinite

PS Vita

God of War: Chains of Olympus
    God of War: Ghost of Sparta
    MGS2

So I'm thinking of getting back using the Wii. I still have Wind Waker and Metroid Prime 3 to finish.

Also I'm a few hours into Persona 4 Golden.

I'm sure I'll add more to my catalog but if I manage to finish any of the above this month, I'll be happy.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Working on finishing Bioshock Infinite (started yesterday). After that I dunno what I'll finish, probably Lego Star Wars collection.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭folan

last month: BAtman Arkham City

This month: Dishonored.

Last month: fecking hell, id never have splashed out that 7.50 for B:AC if i had known how bad it was on PC (Note to all: game was awesome, controls without my xbox controller, which has gone missing, horrible)

This month: Started this last week actually, and i like the game play. I have a few issues with the view point et al, and (laughably after my last comment) wsh i had bought it on PC instead of xbox.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

This month I plan on finishing Tomb Raider. I'm really enjoying it at the moment so I might stick with it after I beat it to get more of the collectibles. I don't normally do that with a game but I'm really having fun in this game. After Tomb Raider the plan is to play God of War II for the first time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭balkieb2002

This month I plan on finishing Tomb Raider. I'm really enjoying it at the moment so I might stick with it after I beat it to get more of the collectibles. I don't normally do that with a game but I'm really having fun in this game. After Tomb Raider the plan is to play God of War II for the first time.

You have a fun month ahead of you. Really enjoyed my playthrough of Tomb Raider and GOW II is still my favourite in the series so far (on IV at moment!).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭martineatworld

Still on Radiant historia, final chapter on each timeline so hopefully it will be finished in the next month!

Started Tomb Raider, want to beat that as quickly as possible so I can trade it in against Fire Emblem. Started promisingly, but then there was a hunting section and I stopped. Hopefully that kinda thing is kept to a minimum.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Made a start on Red Faction: Guerrilla last night. Good fun blowing stuff up.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭Falthyron

For April I aim to complete:

Company of Heroes: Tales of Valor, and Opposing Fronts.
    Bioshock Infinite.
    Deus Ex: Human Revolution.
    Dishonored.
    DEFCON.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,525 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

Batman Arkham Asylum I guess. I've already started but I need to take it easy this month because of the auld exams :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,147 ✭✭✭mise

Super Mario Galaxy and Dishonored for me this month.

I've tried to get into Dishonored a couple of times, so hopefully this time. I'll be working through Forza Horizon too

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭Firehen

I'm currently playing Bioshock 2 and FFVI so I'll finish these firstly.

I have the week off so that should be easy enough since I'm almost finished both :P

After that, I've got several to get through from the last couple of Steam sales and I'm gonna start with.....Spec Ops: The Line. Heard great things about it. Arkham games have been on the backburner for ages, so I'll probably start them afterwards. Probably....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭entropi

With exams coming up during this month and next month, game time will be a bit lean. I'll try get something done if possible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Still working on GTA IV at the moment. It's getting a bit monotonous at this stage. I had played Sleeping Dogs before going back to GTA and it's a hell of a lot more fun than this but I'll struggle on.

Not really sure if I'll start something/finish something off on Xbox yet as I've a few big-ish games looking at me from the PS3 side of my shelf. Red Dead Redemption is begging to be finished so I reckon that'll take up most of the month depending on how much time I can allow for gaming.

Luigi's Mansion 2 is dominating my commute/lunch hours at the moment. Absolutely loving it and am well over halfway through it at this stage... I only bought it yesterday. :pac:

There's a hell of a lot of PS+ titles I still haven't touched and with a new batch being released today I'm not sure what I'll get through, if any at all.

I suppose GTA IV and Read Dead Redemption are my two biggest goals for the month. Will be tricky with a wedding and a Newcastle trip taking up two full weekends.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Zomg Okay

Dark Souls is the main one, which I aim to begin playing again just as soon as I've found my missing balls and gotten over the trauma of being stalked through the Depths by a black phantom.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

So many but so little time.

Would like to get Red Dead Redemption and AC3 done and dusted. Possibly LA Noire as I've been near the end of that for ages now!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

I started Bioshock Infinite a week ago on Hard. I'm on what I'm told is the last real fight. It was proving too much at the time (which was about 6am in fairness) so I put it off in favour of Planetside 2 and not getting fired. I'ma finish it off some time this week. I refuse to drop the difficulty. I made it this far, I'm damn well going to finish what I started.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭randomname2005

entropi wrote: »
    With exams coming up during this month and next month, game time will be a bit lean. I'll try get something done if possible.

I hope to get enough time to finish solitare :o

• Registered Users Posts: 4,297 ✭✭✭Jaxxy

March was Mass Effect. April will be Mass Effect 2. And most likely Mass Effect 3, because I can't stop. If I didn't have to work/eat/sleep I'd be done with them all. It will be first time playing through 2 too, no idea how I managed to stay away from big spoilers. Am loving the series. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭djkeogh

I'm still on my February list to be honest. Tomb Raider came and went followed by Bioshock infinite which put everything else on the backburner.

Still to be finished

Bioshock Infinite
    Rage
    The Darkness
    Dark Souls (not played in months)

Pure backlog games - unopened/unplayed

Singularity
    The Baconing
    Dust: An Elysian tail

• Registered Users Posts: 3,590 ✭✭✭Mal-Adjusted

So far, Just Knights of the Old Republic 2: The Sith Lords.
    The ending was kinda unsatasfying and the whole thing felt pretty rushed...and i'm convinced some story elements were cut, which is a shame because what was there was still pretty good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭danthefan

Beat Portal 2 last night, one down.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭folan

danthefan wrote: »
    Beat Portal 2 last night, one down.

ive never beaten the 2 player campaign. im thinking i might have to hire a hooker to play through it with me so i can be sure i dont get an idiot who'll ruin every puzzle on me. .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,426 ✭✭✭✭noodler

I beat Castlevania Lords of Shadow on Easter Sunday and greatly enjoyed.

Currently stuck on the last boss of the DLC though (Forgotten One) and am coming to the conclusion that life is too short!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

folan wrote: »
    ive never beaten the 2 player campaign. im thinking i might have to hire a hooker to play through it with me so i can be sure i dont get an idiot who'll ruin every puzzle on me. .
    I played it with a friend before, and I couldn't finish it. After a few levels I kinda just wanted to hit him cause he seemed determined to try and make my robot die.

Advertisement