Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Beat a game from your backlog this March: April Edition

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,332 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

Finished the new GOW,Bioshock and Dishonoured in the last month.
    Thinking about getting Sim City now but it seems to have its problems,maybe Anno istead?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,298 ✭✭✭ionapaul

After putting Dark Souls to the side for the last three weeks to get into League of Legends, I decided to fire it up tonight for my first tilt at the final boss - assumed it would be nigh impossible as a Hollow, just wanted to do a test run to begin with. Killed him pretty easily that first time using the landscape to my advantage :) Dark Souls finally in the bag.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,590 ✭✭✭Mal-Adjusted

Played Deus Ex: Invisible War for the first time in nearly a decade. not the longest of games but still good fun. Eventually managed to get all five endings despite running out of ammo!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Finished Luigi's Mansion 2 but haven't yet gotten past the final mission in GTA IV mainly because I've died so many times and also because I've been putting off going back to it until I strategise my movement in my head. :pac:

Backlog games I'm currently playing:

3DS: Liberation Maiden

PS3: Red Dead Redemption/The Cave

Xbox 360: GTA IV (Kinda) and Perfect Dark Zero (Kinda)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,955 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

I've recently dusted off Pokemon Black Ver 2, which probably has to be longest gap between a 'Mon release and me buying the thing. It is one of, if not the, most complete Pokemon experience/s, with varying challenges, expansive region, options to play as standard, or you can Audino-farm to cut grinding considerably, and the sheer amount of creatures available from the get-go. Proper joy to play, and a fitting ode to the ending of its time as a somewhat 2D series.

I also got through the original Luigi's Mansion on the GCN. Fantastic use of a couple of hours; yes, short for its time, but I'm a guy who'd prefer a smaller, concentrated experience than a more expansive one that's draped in all sorts of padding.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,560 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Just Finished Resi 6. I knew going it it would be disappointing but I thought it would be more like resi 5 where they took Resi 4's gameplay and put some extremely poor scenarios and level design around it. Resi 6 was basically them completely getting wrong what made Resi 4 so good and having piss poor level design and annoying enemies. Not a complete train wreck but so bland.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,581 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

also added to my list: Journey.

staggering, simply staggering.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

That's Bioshock Infinite down now.

Think I'll jump back to MGR: Revengence for the Jetstream Sam DLC and some more VR Missions. At least that'll give my head a breather from the awesomeness that was Infinite. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 3,012 ✭✭✭BizzyC

Finished Bioshock, just have the last boss in Crysis 3 and most of GOW to get through now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭penev10

2 games beaten in April now, my poor 2013 is looking like:

JAN - XCOM
    FEB - Nada
    MAR - Nada
    APR - Fire Emblem: Sacred Stones, HALO 4

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,955 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

Games Finished 2013:

1. Luigi's Mansion (GCN)
    2. Pokemon Black Version 2 (DS)
    3. Psychonauts (PS2)
    4. The Cave (PS3)
    5. Sonic Adventure 2 (PS3)
    6. CoD of Duty: Fish in a Barrel (PC)
    7. Virtua Cop (PC)
    8. House of the Dead (PC)
    9. Typing of the Dead (PC)
    10. Final Fight One (GBA)
    11. Earthworm Jim (GBA)
    12. Puyo Pop (GBA)

Looks like I'm finally catching up with gen-6, just as gen-8's about to start.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,417 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

Just beat The Walking Dead episodes.

Wow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Finished GTA IV and getting through a fair chunk of Perfect Dark Zero and Red Dead Redemption.

Had started The Cave but I think I'll be pretty busy with the previous two games mentioned until the end of this month.

On the final boss in Liberation Maiden on the 3DS. Surprised at how much progress I've made this month on my selected games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

I'm still not finished Dead Space 3. Its enjoyable but at least 30% longer than need be. I'm also playing sleeping dogs on psplus and enjoying Shadow complex on xbox.
    Next up is to play the sp on COD:BO and MW3 and trade them in to Gamestop deal and
    get back to where i'm stuck in Castlevania: LOS. Hopefull will try Deus Ex or Dishonored then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

That's MadWorld finally done. I've been tapping away at it for ages but finally decided to clear the decks with some other in-progress games before I move onto something new.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭folan

nearly there on dishonoured!
    just about to do the "last mission" before the inevitable twist!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

I finished God of War II last night for the first time. I thought it was an truly excellent game. I think it would deserve a spot on my top 10 favourite games if I had such a list. It is a noticeable step up from the first game, which was great too.

Not sure what to play next. I might return to NFS: Most Wanted. I didn't play that much when it was released because I was more interested in ACIII.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

Paper mario sticker star bet: absolutely top notch from nintendo , i dont understand mix reviews , the game is amazing

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

tok9 wrote: »
    So I'm thinking of getting back using the Wii. I still have Wind Waker and Metroid Prime 3 to finish.

Also I'm a few hours into Persona 4 Golden.

I'm sure I'll add more to my catalog but if I manage to finish any of the above this month, I'll be happy.

Well no real progress made on any of the above. Instead I've added more games from purchases and PS+ :D

Finished Zero Escape: VLR for Vita and I'll probably finish Thomas Was Alone for Vita too before the end of the month.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Well that was short. Finished Thomas Was Alone just there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭Doodee

Finished The Walking Dead. Excellent game.
    Now playing Senior GrumpyPants the third (Max Payne 3)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,560 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Finished Castlevania for the N64 with both characters. Despite some poor level deisgn, annoying enemies and dodgy jumping and camera at times it wasn't a bad games and could have been a lot better if it wasn't so rushed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,446 ✭✭✭RedXIV

Finished The Walking Dead last night. Never understood the term "emotionally drained" but I literally couldn't do anything after that ending. Went up and stared at my kids and swore to build a zombie bunker. Grand today but jesus, what a game!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,116 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

RedXIV wrote: »
    Went up and stared at my kids and swore to build a zombie bunker.

Didn't the game teach you anything? You have to keep moving!!! Bunkers and bases always end up causing more trouble than they're worth!

Didn't the game teach you anything? You have to keep moving!!! Bunkers and bases always end up causing more trouble than they're worth!

I reckon reinforced steel walls with spring loaded spikes on the outside would make it a good spot if you needed to decimate a wave. In saying that, the show also convinced me samurai swords would be a wide investment :)

Just beat Megaman 3 on the Gameboy. Used to love this game and it's as good as it ever was. Think that's me until May :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

On the verge of finishing Super Metroid but have one last room in Maridia that's annoying me, I just can't seem to find the entrance and the quicksand is doing my head in, on to the last boss though so should hopefully finish it before the months out

Far Cry 3 done as well, quality game that gave me about 35 hours of entertainment though it started to wear a bit thin by the end

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭Grimebox

RedXIV wrote: »
    Finished The Walking Dead last night. Never understood the term "emotionally drained" but I literally couldn't do anything after that ending. Went up and stared at my kids and swore to build a zombie bunker. Grand today but jesus, what a game!

I never even considered how much more emotionally involving that would be if you were a parent

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

I have to start a game on my backlog :/

• Advertisement

Grimebox wrote: »
    I never even considered how much more emotionally involving that would be if you were a parent

Been saying it for a while but was surprised how being a parent affected me in things like games. For the vast majority its just being slightly more emphatic to the smaller characters etc but with something like the walking dead, I've pretty much resigned myself to never playing through it again as "Jerk Lee" because I'd probably end up bawling my eyes out.

Screw VR for immersion, you want more realistic, get kids :p

I didn't mean that, please give me VR soon

Advertisement