Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to sell a website

Options
  • 02-04-2013 1:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭

I have been approached by some interested potential buyers for a website that I had as a hobby.
    The site has top seo and commercial potential and I think that is why the interest is there.
    I have the site and domain through a hosting company and my question is, how do I sell it?
    The cost of a solicitor would probably negate the benefit of selling it which is why I'm asking here first :)

Any advice welcome.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

There are brokers etc., who can do it quite cheaply ..

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭bdo

Try flippa dot com

• Registered Users Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭The Apprentice

I can give you a vaulation for free if you want.. but need relevant data with analytics.

If thats not available i cant really help you !

• Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭soirish

The best option for you - auctions.godaddy.com

soirish wrote: »
    The best option for you - auctions.godaddy.com

But soirish this does not include the website or the content produced or if revenue is included if any..
    This is predominantly for domain name auctions only is it not ??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 41 3sixty

I can give you a vaulation for free if you want.. but need relevant data with analytics.

If thats not available i cant really help you !

Nobody can give you a valuation on the site. A site is worth what the market is willing to pay for it. Right time, right place. right buyer.

So put your site in front of buyers and they will decide what your site is worth. Start with flippa.

Good luck.

3sixty wrote: »
    Nobody can give you a valuation on the site. A site is worth what the market is willing to pay for it. Right time, right place. right buyer.

I can ..

Whether you think my valuation is relevant or accurate is your subjective opinion and may be quite misleading to the op. Your quite right in one respect, but filling him full of ****e stating that its worth €13b may fill him with confidence and a happy buzz but its not accurate to what the market would deem suitable for his site.

Also right time, right place, right buyer is fluff if he wants to sell it today.. not in 14yrs time, not to the perfect idiot ? Not even to mention the moral dilemas of ripping someone off !

I can also put you in contact with an independant broker who has done valuations and sales to the tune of £5 last year if that might help the op..
    A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush comes to mind

• Registered Users Posts: 41 3sixty

I can ..

Also right time, right place, right buyer is fluff if he wants to sell it today..

Actually no its not.

I have personally been in this business since 1998 and i have bought and sold websites some for 10k others 2k. It really varies. I sold a site last year on flippa for 45k did i expect that . No not one bit. Not at all not even half the price I got for it.

The reason is my site was of value to the person that was buying it. That is my point. Nobody can dictate what a site will sell for.

Personally i think the op would be better putting all his stats up on flippa, age of domain, traffic sources. Fill in the blanks.

Get ready to provide proof of revenue, proof of traffic, and analytics access also.

If its a good site he will be rewarded. I can also provide other places to sell sites but start there.

Good luck.

Advertisement