Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

kerrang channel?

Options
  • 02-04-2013 3:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭

is kerrang gone on sky nothing on 368 channel

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

It was an abortion of a channel anyway so fcuk the much loss if it is!

:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

Where will I get my fix of Good Charlotte and Fall Out Boy videos now?

The channel is still running but has been removed from the Irish Sky guide for some reason. You need to manually tune it like UTV and Channel 5.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

Karsini wrote: »
    The channel is still running but has been removed from the Irish Sky guide for some reason. You need to manually tune it like UTV and Channel 5.
    Maybe it was destroying the souls of our Catholic children with really shit Pop Rock.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Bye Bye Kerrang, an absolute abomination of a channel

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,123 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Tuning parameters for Kerrang! etc here

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055520627

• Registered Users Posts: 10,027 ✭✭✭✭cena

brother works for sky and he said the company the Owens kerrang and other music channel renewed there contract but it didn't include Ireland in that contract so the likes of magic are gone too from Irish tv, unless you add them through other channels as said above

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

From Twitter:
    James McMahon ‏@jamesjammcmahon
    AN IMPORTANT THING: Kerrang! is no longer on Sky in the Republic of Ireland but is now on UPC cable, for more info contact 1890 940 070

🤪

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,123 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

You can still receive it on Sky in Ireland, just not via the usual EPG, only via adding it to "Other Channels" using the link I posted above.

It would seem the company who owns these channels, Box Television, deemed it not worthwhile to pay for EPG placement in Ireland, after they no longer became Sky pay-tv channels.

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭eh2010

Nailz wrote: »
    Maybe it was destroying the souls of our Catholic children with really shit Pop Rock.

You're thinking of MTV clasic since it rebranded from VH1 Classic :pac:. That Channel used be good from 2000-2003 now all it shows is crap 80s music.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭Double C

Its turned up on Freesat now, but its no addition its garbage.

• Registered Users Posts: 72,687 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

I fear that Scuzz is slowly starting to turn into Kerrang - practically every time I tune in, nothing but Limp Bizkit and Linkin Park videos circa 2001.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,658 ✭✭✭Patricide

Mann skuzz was aweful when I was still at home like 2 years ago. It seems to be a cycle. When Kerrang first started it was a great channel, then it went downhill and MTV2 picked up the slack with a load of good metal and rock content.

Unfortunatly it quickly turned into more of a rock alternitave channel, and then skuzz started. Back then it was great but I guess it it's playing to a target market of young teens with poprock sensibilities.

Last FM or grooveshark for me anyway.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,595 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

The last time I saw it a few years ago, they would repeat the same old emo sh1te over and over and over again, the only time they played decent music was in the middle of the night, do they still play the Black Parade video by My Chemical Romance every five minutes like they did 3/4 years ago?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,353 ✭✭✭Galway K9

Tune in on other channels on sky

12304 H 27500 5/6

Galway K9 wrote: »
    Tune in on other channels on sky

12304 H 27500 5/6

A zombie thread rises yet Kerrang are still showing the same old Good Charlotte vids :P

Advertisement