Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Magnet FatPipe - up to 70mb

• 02-04-2013 3:56pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭

Having recently moved into an area without Fibre ( coming from UPC 150mb) I've taken a sharp interest in upgrades and rollouts around the area.

Eircom have provided to be a bit of a barrier to information not providing anything. Magnet however, who I signed up with, advised there was a significant rollout and upgrade happening from April. While they couldn't confirm my area, they said they would give me a shout if it becomes available.

A friend had told me about Fibre to the cabinet upgrades a while back, scheduled to takeplace, and that obviously Magnet would benefit. And today I see

https://www.magnet.ie/fatpipe-fibre/

Filled out their little form, fingers crossed I can benefit. Absolutely hamstrung coming from 150mb down to 24mbps. Happy enough with Magnet as it is, they really provided some good help with initial problems.

However I'm paying €61 for a 24mbps ADSL line, that a premium rate. So I'd be hoping that if this was to become available I'd be getting the top package...

Anyone heard back from Magnet advising if their area is getting the rollout?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,051 ✭✭✭bealtine

TheDoc wrote: »

Anyone heard back from Magnet advising if their area is getting the rollout?

It's nothing to do with Magnet...it's an eircom rollout and Magnet just re-sell it.

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭liamnojo92

Just talked to magnet Technician, said it should be €55 a month for fibre, but €65 for 24mb is ridiculous I chanced my arm and tried to get them to match sky prices,anyone know if they'll haggle at all ?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

TheDoc wrote: »
    Having recently moved into an area without Fibre ( coming from UPC 150mb) I've taken a sharp interest in upgrades and rollouts around the area.

Any chance you can help with the cabinet map we are producing so??? Links in my sig below. You really need to be within 400m line length of a cabinet to get top speeds. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,423 ✭✭✭StaticNoise

Your signature isn't appearing.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

It contains these three links.

Click HERE FIRST to see if we have mapped your nearest VDSL Cabinet.

Picture of NORMAL Cabinet on Left and New VDSL UNIT with prominent hinge like feature on RIGHT

ADD NEW CABINETS YOU FOUND in YOUR AREA TO THE MAP IF YOUR NEAREST CABINET IS NOT PRESENT Click HERE to ADD a Cabinet

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Sponge Bob wrote: »
    Any chance you can help with the cabinet map we are producing so??? Links in my sig below. You really need to be within 400m line length of a cabinet to get top speeds. :)

I'll see what I can do. I Max my line at the moment so must be near.

Fingers cross I get it. The 55euro sounds appealing as well.

And I realise Eircom are doing the rollout buy magnet have been more helpful to me with information on it then Eircom.

Magnet BTW...who are selling me my package for cheaper then Eircom...work that out :/

Advertisement