Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ISPCA taking a dog?

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 560 ✭✭✭wesf

sorry for the late reply, <snip>
    I definitely don't want the dog to be put to sleep, but I can't let things as they are.
    The owner has just arrived home after being gone since at least 11am yesterday morning, so 34 hours at least.
    I was out back doing a few bits and I heard the back door opening and water being put in a bowl, no sign of food yet though, lucky i fed it today!
    Will call the ISPCA tomorrow and see what the options are.
    Feel so sorry for it as it's a lovely little dog.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,111 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Fair play to you OP. That poor dog.

Thanks everyone, but i'm not doing anything special, only what i'd like to think any normal person would do.
    I will update tomorrow after I speak to someone about getting the dog out of there!

• Registered Users Posts: 19 nite11owl

Hi Wesf,

Just to clarify did you call the ISPCA or a local SPCA as they are totally separate organizations.
    This is a big misconception for many people who contact a local SPCA and think they are dealing with the ISPCA

Go onto the ISPCA website they have a form that can be filled in for reporting cruelty, http://www.ispca.ie/suspect_animal_cruelty/

nite11owl wrote: »
    Hi Wesf,

Just to clarify did you call the ISPCA or a local SPCA as they are totally separate organizations.
    This is a big misconception for many people who contact a local SPCA and think they are dealing with the ISPCA

Go onto the ISPCA website they have a form that can be filled in for reporting cruelty, http://www.ispca.ie/suspect_animal_cruelty/

That's who I contacted, <snip>

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭westies4ever

that photo make me angry, sad and frustrated all in one.

I'd be ringing the ISPCA every hour on the hour til they got off their arses and did something. I'd send them the pic's as well as back up.

I'd also ring the dog warden and any local rescues for advice and to see if they have any clout - they often work closely with the warden and the ISPCA. I dont suppose you have a local friendly guard either? They might help, they might not but worth a try.

Even if he's lifted by the warden, hes a beautiful dog, only a pup and shouldnt have too much trouble finding a home.

fecking raging I am at that stupid, selfish, bitch.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 nite11owl

Wesf

Try sending the picture and details of were it is to helpline@ispca.ie I got a response from this one when I sent something in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭pawrick

Hi, the local SPCA in your area (if it's Athlone) do not have the authority to remove the dog (they do not have an inspector), go to the dog warden as the pound covering the Athlone area (Mullingar) is generally ok to deal with and explain the situation in full.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭strandroad

This is excellent news, I've been following Mullingar pound FB profile for a while, the warden is sound and the volunteer lady working with him to rehome dogs has probably rehomed hundreds at this stage. I will PM you the name of the profile to contact her!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,770 Mod ✭✭✭✭DBB

pawrick wrote: »
    Hi, the local SPCA in your area (if it's Athlone) do not have the authority to remove the dog (they do not have an inspector), go to the dog warden as the pound covering the Athlone area (Mullingar) is generally ok to deal with and explain the situation in full.

Just to point out, NO SPCA has the authority to remove any animal from private property without a Garda in attendance. Inspector or no inspector, no SPCA has a warrant to enter anyone's property to do anything.
    They can ask owners to voluntarily surrender their animal, but then, any member of the public can do this too!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭westies4ever

any update on this poor dog?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 369 ✭✭Papillon!

That photo broke my heart. What a gorgeous little guy. What happened after your last post?

Advertisement