Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iPhone 5 Insurance

Options
  • 02-04-2013 4:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭

I know there's been discussion of iPhone insurance before, but all the threads I can find seem to be at least a year old. I'm wondering if anyone has any recommendations for insurance for the iPhone 5 (or any insurance providers that should be avoided).

I'm with O2 and had my 4S insured through them, but they said at the time that they didn't cover the 5.

So, any recommendations and/or warnings welcome. Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,146 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

O2 definitely provide insurance for the 5 as they have me 3months free cover when I bought mine, I've since canceled the policy as I didn't want to pay for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭iniall

O2 definitely provide insurance for the 5 as they have me 3months free cover when I bought mine, I've since canceled the policy as I didn't want to pay for it.

And you're not worried about the cost of replacing the phone should you loseit/drop it/have it stolen?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,146 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

I fix phones for a living, so no.
    I've never had insurance on a phone except the 3 months mentioned above.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭flyguy

If insuring your phone is worth it is up to you. I've never lost a phone or had it stolen etc. The money I've saved all the years not having phone insurance will easily pay for a new phone. Personally I think it's quite expensive for the cover (value) you get. I mean your talking at least €120/year for something worth less than €900...
    If you're someone who's likely to lose/damage your phone then get it. Otherwise put €10/month in a savings account and see when you need it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,930 ✭✭✭keith_d99

Free with an ulster bank ufirst account (which is €10 a month) and you also get 25% back on ticketmaster and travel insurance

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭O2_Daryll

iniall wrote: »
    I know there's been discussion of iPhone insurance before, but all the threads I can find seem to be at least a year old. I'm wondering if anyone has any recommendations for insurance for the iPhone 5 (or any insurance providers that should be avoided).

I'm with O2 and had my 4S insured through them, but they said at the time that they didn't cover the 5.

So, any recommendations and/or warnings welcome. Thanks.

Pop me a PM and I can get you sorted out with some insurance. There are 2 types for the iPhone 5. €12.99 for full cover and €6.99 for damage insurance.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭massy086

I fix phones for a living, so no.
    I've never had insurance on a phone except the 3 months mentioned above.
    you will think differently when you have to replace the screen:p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,848 ✭✭✭soundsham

I find it strange that there is a flat charge for insurance when the cost of purchasing a device can vary by more than 100%
    An iPhone 4 8gb from apple is €400
    An iPhone 5 64gb is €900

Surely there should be a cheaper insurance for the less valuable phone ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭flyguy

I think gadgetinsurance.ie base the price of insurance on the value of the phone.
    -edit- just checked, yes and no, the price of insurance varies with the cover but for any iphone (3-4-5) they seem to charge the same?!

• Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭iniall

O2_Daryll wrote: »
    Pop me a PM and I can get you sorted out with some insurance. There are 2 types for the iPhone 5. €12.99 for full cover and €6.99 for damage insurance.

Darryl, is there a minimum duration for the insurance?

• Advertisement
Advertisement