Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fire logs

Options
  • 02-04-2013 4:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭

Anyone know of the best deal/cheapest fire log on the market at the minute in any store?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭boobar

Spar had an offer of 4 for a fiver.

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭Cliona2012

Thanks, anyone see that advertised in last few days or the in-store promotion?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭andrew1977

Centra have their own brand fire logs, 3 for 4 euro.
    I picked some up this evening.
    I have used them before and they are fine .

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

Cliona2012 wrote: »
    Anyone know of the best deal/cheapest fire log on the market at the minute in any store?

Thanks

why firelogs???

You will get better value from a bale of briquettes than 1 firelog.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,378 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Firelogs are the layzman's (lazygirl's in this case) magie way of lighting the fire :D. Takes me half an hour to get briquettes going properly, firelog is instant.

I haven't seen any of the Centra/Spar offers in quite a few weeks, they all seem to have ended (around where I am anyway).

Best I've found lately was in B&Q, where they have 5 for €10. I bought a box of 10, and I was charged €17 - I've no idea if that was a mistake or not but I didn't call it :D.

Plus they're the original, and (IMO) the best ones.

• Advertisement

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    Firelogs are the layzman's (lazygirl's in this case) magie way of lighting the fire :D. Takes me half an hour to get briquettes going properly, firelog is instant.

I haven't seen any of the Centra/Spar offers in quite a few weeks, they all seem to have ended (around where I am anyway).

Best I've found lately was in B&Q, where they have 5 for €10. I bought a box of 10, and I was charged €17 - I've no idea if that was a mistake or not but I didn't call it :D.

Plus they're the original, and (IMO) the best ones.

I hope you aint using firelogs in a stove??

So you cant use 4 pieces of briquette,some kindling and 3 zip firelighters to get a nice fire going??

Once that has bruned well down and is red hot and allmost ash..a small shovel of eco-gems coal and 2 briquettes ontop of the coal,and you have a lovely slow burning yet hot fire for the entire evening.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 29,378 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

paddy147 wrote: »
    So you cant use 4 pieces of briquette,some kindling and 3 zip firelighters to get a nice fire going??

Once that has bruned well down and is red hot and allmost ash..a small shovel of eco-gems coal and 2 briquettes ontop of the coal,and you have a lovely slow burning yet hot fire for the entire evening.:D

Judging by that picture, you clearly have a LOT more storage space than I do!

I'll stick with my lazy, instant and (I'll admit) indulgent ways, if you don't mind :D

You also probably have a fireplace/stove with a better draw than mine. One of these days I'll get around to cleaning the chimney....

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    Judging by that picture, you clearly have a LOT more storage space than I do!

I'll stick with my lazy, instant and (I'll admit) indulgent ways, if you don't mind :D

You also probably have a fireplace/stove with a better draw than mine. One of these days I'll get around to cleaning the chimney....

I hope you are not using those firelogs in a stove,are you???

60-65 euro for a good propper chimney clean.

Should be done at least once a year and takes away the possibility of a chimney fire.

You dont want a chimney fire.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 rs mivec

Is it dangours to use these fire logs in a stove?

Advertisement