Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Missed HEAR deadline

• 02-04-2013 4:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭

I just found out I've missed the deadline to send in documents for HEAR, I've already applied a month ago but the deadline for documents was yesterday. Do you guys think theres any way I can still qualify for the programme? I REALLY need those extra points... :'(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭Legion.

Pretty sure you can't unfortunately. According to my Careers teacher they're fairly ruthless when it comes to deadlines etc. A girl in my year will have to repeat as she filled out her application incorrectly. Guess its time to hit the books!

Elceeney wrote: »
    I just found out I've missed the deadline to send in documents for HEAR, I've already applied a month ago but the deadline for documents was yesterday. Do you guys think theres any way I can still qualify for the programme? I REALLY need those extra points... :'(

I feel bad as the one who has to say this but no. Your application gets thrown out straight away.
    My friend had that trouble last year and he called their office and offered to drive from Dublin to Galway the day after the deadline but they said no and he didn't get it.
    Don't panic though, talk to your guidance teacher in school because separate colleges have separate access programmes like HEAR that maybe you can avail of.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Elceeney

Rang their main office, they said as long as its sent away by today it will be okay.. It's 4:45 though.. AHHHHHHHHHHHH

Rang their main office, they said as long as its sent away by today it will be okay.. It's 4:45 though.. AHHHHHHHHHHHH

Get to a post office/post box as fast as you can. That is extremely generous of them.. Possibly due to the bank holiday

Get to a post office/post box as fast as you can. That is extremely generous of them.. Possibly due to the bank holiday

Literally got to the post office 2 minutes before it closed, my sister (also applying to HEAR) had to go into the PO with me in her pyjamas! GAHHHHHHHHHHHH SO HAPPY. I feel really bad for the people you guys mentioned who weren't as fortunate as me!

• Advertisement

Literally got to the post office 2 minutes before it closed, my sister (also applying to HEAR) had to go into the PO with me in her pyjamas! GAHHHHHHHHHHHH SO HAPPY. I feel really bad for the people you guys mentioned who weren't as fortunate as me!

I'm delighted for you because it would have been so unfortunate otherwise :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 346 ✭✭weirdspider

Where did you send your applications off to? I sent mine to the CAO in Galway. Is this ok? The letter they send kind of confused me. Also, if I sent it on Thursday, do you reckon it reached them on time?

Where did you send your applications off to? I sent mine to the CAO in Galway. Is this ok? The letter they send kind of confused me. Also, if I sent it on Thursday, do you reckon it reached them on time?

I have no idea - my sister wrote the address! Yes you'll be fine, if they gave me until TODAY to post it I'm sure you'll be good :)

Advertisement