Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Aupair dispute

• 02-04-2013 4:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi,I have a question regarding my girlfriends ex husband.They have a daughter together and he sees her two days a week(when he makes the effort)Recently we got a new auair because our other had to leave suddenly.It was short notice and we had to act quick because we work full time.We eventually found one,after back round checks etc.Now,the ex has started causing trouble because the aupair is male,hes taking her to court to basically get the aupair to leave,which is ridiculous.Now her solicitor has suggested he choose the next aupair to keep him happy.Thing is,me and my girlfriend have a child together aswel and i dont feel comfortable in him choosing an aupair (that he prob wont pay for anyway)Is there anything i could do to go againest this?any advice at all would be very grateful.Cheers!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,458 ✭✭✭chops018

Yes. Don't get involved.

As bad as a situation it is let the natural mother and father sort it out, and try be supportive of your girlfriend in all her decisions or keep out of it.

I'm assuming Solicitors are involved already seeing as you mentioned them above, so take their advice and just let the natural mother and father come to an agreement that suits both and is fair.

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭BRAIN FEEDs

cahill2013 wrote: »
    Hi,I have a question regarding my girlfriends ex husband.They have a daughter together and he sees her two days a week(when he makes the effort)Recently we got a new auair because our other had to leave suddenly.It was short notice and we had to act quick because we work full time.We eventually found one,after back round checks etc.Now,the ex has started causing trouble because the aupair is male,hes taking her to court to basically get the aupair to leave,which is ridiculous.Now her solicitor has suggested he choose the next aupair to keep him happy.Thing is,me and my girlfriend have a child together aswel and i dont feel comfortable in him choosing an aupair (that he prob wont pay for anyway)Is there anything i could do to go againest this?any advice at all would be very grateful.Cheers!

Dear Cahill,if i could offer you one piece of advice,it would be try to build bridges with your g/friends ex. there has to be compromise,its best for you,him and the mrs

not really a legal issue is it though,anyway,good luck:(

Advertisement