Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Pajero Revs high between gears

Options
  • 02-04-2013 4:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭

Hi I have a 04 Pajero SWB and its reving high between gears with no acceleration and then engages again with power? any ideas.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,422 ✭✭✭Avns1s

Is the clutch engaged or disengaged when it's revving high?

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭WORRZELL

its engaged

sorry no its disengaged

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭Harcrid

Is it revving high when stopped on idle too?

it revs in when the clutch is disengaged, and it does not rev when its idle. Its in 2 wheel drive.

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 166 ✭✭Cash is king

WORRZELL wrote: »
    it revs in when the clutch is disengaged, and it does not rev when its idle. Its in 2 wheel drive.

Your clutch is shagged.

you dont think its a case of me driving the jeep to slowly.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,792 ✭✭✭Ded_Zebra

Your clutch is shagged.

He says that the clutch is disengaged and it revs up without touching the throttle as far as I can make out.

OP would you be able to put up a youtube video of the jeep doing this, it might help someone workout whats wrong.:)

Put the jeep in 3rd gear. Let the clutch out with the handbrake on. Give a bit of rev if possible. What happens?

• Site Banned Posts: 166 ✭✭Cash is king

Ded_Zebra wrote: »
    He says that the clutch is disengaged and it revs up without touching the throttle as far as I can make out.

OP would you be able to put up a youtube video of the jeep doing this, it might help someone workout whats wrong.:)

Good advise on the video as op don't know the difference between engaged and disengagement.

• Advertisement

well its reving high as in slipping out of gear say when I'm in 3rd gear and have the foot down a bitm and then engages back in again itself with power. I dont have a phone to do a video but i'll see if i can get one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,793 ✭✭✭coolisin

That sounds like the clutch is slipping alright.

****, this is not going to be cheap is it?

WORRZELL wrote: »
    ****, this is not going to be cheap is it?

You're dead ****ing right!!:D

any ideas of what I'm looking at ? F**k it anyways grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

• Registered Users Posts: 24,073 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Roughly €2,000. You might do a little better on the labour at a good independent garage but the clutch and DMF replacement parts will be €1,000-1,400 either way.

Sorry.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,793 ✭✭✭coolisin

get an idea from micksgarage how much the parts will be in or around.
    Labour will be the most of the job.
    But only a mechanic can answer how much it will be as it depends on which engine and model you have to get the part.

Advertisement