Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Alarm Recommendations

Options
  • 02-04-2013 5:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,

used to work with Aritech (mainly CS250s) gear a few years back and found them really good.

Looking at renovating an old house at the moment and want to put in an alarm, home automation, etc.

Has anyone any recommendations for a good alarm system, especially one that could be linked to a DIY smart-homes system (i.e. Loxone). I see the CS250s are discontinued. What are the replacements like?

Can I still buy an alarm supply only, or do I have to get an official installer. No problem getting it installed, but wanted to have full engineer access to it and I know some installers can be understandably iffy about this.

Thanks for any info offered.

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

If your looking for home automation & remote access the Siemens SPC range is the only real one that does it all smoothly,
    You have full browser access to the system to manually switch devices.
    You have multiple calendars to control devices.
    You have full cause & effect with any alarm device or output to switch devices.
    And you have , mapping gates. These are virtual outputs which allow virtually any even to create other events switch other devices.
    You would also have control via Iphone App & soon to come Android app.
    See the attached data sheets for more info.

• Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭tedimc

Thanks KoolKid, I'll look into them.

Any idea where I would be able to purchase one for self fit?

Thanks.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Where are you located?
    Take a look at the sticky here
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055956748
    REW
    RWL & Northwood are the main suppliers I use for Siemens.

• Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭tedimc

Thanks, might give them a shout so.

Based in south Donegal, but anywhere around Sligo, Leitrim, Cavan would also suit.

Cheers for that.

Advertisement